ethanb121

Is actualized.org a cult

65 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Well why, yes! Of course this is a cult, you haven't realized yet? I pray everyday to my lord and saviour, Leo Gura, to bring rain to make my fields grow! And after that, I ritually sacrifice a lamb, and burn it in godly fire, to feed His Eternal Highness - sometimes I sacrifice a human, if His Majesty wishes me to do so.

Why do you come to this thread just to troll grow up 

@Knowledge Hoarder

Make sure you also pray to Leo five times a day on a DMT designed prayer mat, facing Las Vegas. 

:D

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

but there is some underlying narrative that coerces you to stay

Hence my lame joke earlier.

Although in my case I'm not sure what is coercing me to stay. Maybe I'm being existentially terrorised without knowing it? Although if I was going to be existentially terrorised @Leo Gura 's charismatic expositions would definitely do the trick. I blame solipsism and free will: I've got none and I've only got myself to blame for sticking around.

Still not a cult.

All stories and explanations are false.

Yes and no.  Depends on what you make it.  If you blindly follow Leo like some donkey then yes, you're making it a cult for yourself.

If you challenge Leo's ideas but take what you can from them then no, you're not making it into a cult.

I was tripping the other day and the thought did occur to me for a second. It can be REALLY hard to see your own bullshit sometimes.  You might think you're too smart for that, but it can happen to anyone. No matter how many times Leo says it's not a cult you have to be really careful. I check myself by never listening to one person exclusively. I also accept my own direct experience as truth regardless of what someone else says above all. 

25 minutes ago, 4201 said:

While Actualized.org didn't originally start as a cult, it progressively became worse ever since Leo made himself and his awakenings a central aspect of his videos. As a result of that, it became more about Leo than about self-help essentially becoming a cult. Looking at this it's not surprising that the forum is splintering. If you enjoy self-help and self-improvement but dislike Leo's ego and personality being a center of drama in this community, the other forum basically offers the same thing but free from this issue. 

Careful there. Never know who's reading, lol.

Edited by thisintegrated

Lol you guys care way too much about Leo the person and let that get in the way. Every single teacher is flawed on some level. If it becomes that personal to you then you're too attached in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, kamwalker said:

Lol you guys care way too much about Leo the person and let that get in the way. Every single teacher is flawed on some level. If it becomes that personal to you then you're too attached in the first place. 

B-BLASPHEMY !

46 minutes ago, 4201 said:

No worries, I actually am a big fan of Leo. I would never go on illegal forums to get advice from members pushing ideas like Love and nonduality. I'm here for the real shit : 5-MeO-DMT and making girls squirt over the phone. DId I mention my latest awakening btw? It was HUGEEEE

Anyway, I think the guy responsible for the illegal forums is Nahm. He was the big criminal who was banned for telling Leo Reality = Love. What a nutcase. I think he had a website called actuality of being. Anyway don't ever go there, it's very dangerous to go in communities that are not run by Leo. 

God that place is disgusting.  Doesn't even have dark mode, wtf.  Now I see why Leo is so angry.

Edited by thisintegrated

Absolutely is! The best cult there is, we love everybody, everyone is welcome, and we have cookies!

P.s. The actual answer is no. It doesn't really qualify for a "cult". It's just a youtube channel and website, there is no deeper malicious form or organization going on. You can turn off your computer whenever you want, nobody stopping you. It's not like you are trapped on some farm in rural Pennsylvania somewhere being physically coerced from leaving lol.

I will say though if you're worried you're getting attached to it in an unhealthy way to take a break and leave. That's a good way to treat anything.

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, 4201 said:

No worries, I actually am a big fan of Leo. I would never go on illegal forums to get advice from members pushing ideas like Love and nonduality. I'm here for the real shit : 5-MeO-DMT and making girls squirt over the phone. Did I mention my latest awakening btw? It was HUGEEEE

Anyway, I think the guy responsible for the illegal forums is Nahm. He was the big criminal who was banned for telling Leo Reality = Love. What a nutcase. I think he had a website called actuality of being. Anyway don't ever go there, it's very dangerous to go in communities that are not run by Leo. 

Lol come on, he was banned for giving really unhelpful, and contextually strange advice again and again and again after warnings.

I get your point about the issue of Leo ego. I agree. Makes me constantly hesitant about my engagement with the forum.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

leo has some books on how to spot a cult  .check those out.read those books and decide for yourself whether this forum is a cult. i had critisized leo a lot and crossed the line but here i am ,  unbanned

Edited by itachi uchiha

What I know is a cult is my family of origin (and by extension the culture it originated from). And this is so farrrr from that.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Well, what is Actualized.org?

1. A YouTube channel with Patreon.
  2. A website with the Life Purpose course (product).
  3. And a forum for discussing self-help topics.

I don't think these things necessarily form a cult, even though they can. I mean obviously no one is being blackmailed or forced into anything they don't want. But I can see some cult dynamics which can be unconscious from Leo and from the others. For example the blind defending of Leo from some Actualized members sometimes, and the hero displays from Leo as a leader, these things seem a bit cultish. But I guess it can't get any better. For me, the pros weigh more than the cons, and if it's a cult then it's a very useful one.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

7 hours ago, 4201 said:

As a result of that, it became more about Leo than about self-help essentially becoming a cult.

Hmm this is an interesting one, not necessarily agreeing with the cult part, but Leo often says that everyone should focus on his work and not on him.  Then he start talking about how he achieved this state and that state and that no one has ever been there yet, except him. So yeah putting himself on a pedestal can distract some of his viewers about his work, ironically.

Another thing, is it wise to ask cult members if they are in a cult? They would probably say no because they are in a cult.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback