Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CruellerSloth

My Personal American Dream?!

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

Thanks for having me! This is my very first post, I hope you guys can make yourself a picture of whats going on...

My personal background:

I am in my early twenties, live in a small town in the austrian alps, study music and work as a instrumental teacher.

Around a year ago I discovered Leo's channel and started working on myself. In the years before I discovered self improvement I was a sad and frustrated guy but that changed rapidly. After implementing some of the things I learned from Leo and the books I read I felt like when I was a kid, the whole world was a playground for me. I slacked of during the summer (I was partying and drinking again) but I got back to my journey a few months ago. So far so good...

Now comes the part where I really need some advice:

For a few years now I have this idea of going to the US someday. I have never been there, no idea what to do there or how to finance my life, but that thought would just never let me go. Until now I was always trying to find reasons why I should just stay here, or at least in europe, but two weeks ago I even started dreaming about New York and Los Angeles on a regular basis. So I made the decision that I want to move to the US in the near future.

Uni will be finished in july, in september I record an album, but then nothing really keeps me here. But there are some problems. I have NO IDEA what I want to do and I don't know any people who live in America. The only thing I know is that I want to make that move, no matter what, or I will regret it for the rest of my life.

I don't have any savings and I am not a specialized worker or something like that. So I don't even know if it's possible to get a visa for me (I doubt it).

One thought was to stay here for some more time, start a business and save some money so I can just visit the US for up to 3 months (via the visa waver program), but I don't really have an idea about business either...

Do you guys have some advice how I could proceed? I feel lost, I don't even know WHY the US. This is pure intuition, I just know that it would be the right move for me...

Thank you guys!

Love and blessings from Austria!

@CruellerSloth  I hear that Austria is very pretty country.  i hope to visit there someday.  May I suggest that if you are interested in coming to the US that you might come as a visitor and look around to find more information about whether you should live in the US.  Also, you can do a tremendous amount of research on the internet to find ways of emigrating successfully, wherever you might land.  If you want to accomplish something, you have to start by breaking it down into pieces and take smaller pieces at a time, so that you are not overwhelmed by the larger goal.  Lots of luck to you and welcome to the Forum - I am relatively new here too!!

Sooooooo....

I know this post is one year old, but I didn't want to start a new one because I thought it would fit in here. I still live in Austria, didn't manage to make it to the US, I just don't have the money for it.

After being upset about this for a few months I finally started a small online business with the goal to gain some financial freedom and travel across the US as a I wish to and maybe settle somewhere. But I have this urge, this strange feeling. That this "money thing" is just a problem that was planted inside my head and isn't actually real.

Long story short: I want to go to LA in the summer for 1 month.

I just need a place where I can stay, I would of course offer something for that. For example I could take care of the household, mow the lawn or do any kind of other work. You get the idea, kinda like farm hopping but in the middle of a big city.

Does anyone here know if something like this would be possible, or if there is a platform where I can offer physical labour for a place to stay?

I know this doesn't really belong in a forum like this but I seriously have no idea where I could ask rather than here.

Thanks guys, wish you a lovely day!