Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spence94

Healing Trauma: A Journey Of The Past, Present and Future.

7 posts in this topic

Decided to document my journey into healing, returning to authenticity and integrating the past, present and future.

Aspire to share resources, quotes, insights, contemplations, observations and understandings into the nature of trauma, addiction and healing.

Edited by Spence94

Thank you for starting this. 

I've been trying to process traumatizing events for the past 24 hours now and it has been a bit hard for me. 

I hope I can add anything here as well. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Thank you for starting this. 

I've been trying to process traumatizing events for the past 24 hours now and it has been a bit hard for me. 

I hope I can add anything here as well. 

Peter Levine's book 'Healing Trauma' is very good, it's available for free as an audiobook here

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Why do it? 

Because if you don't deal the past and discover the roots of your conditioning, behavioral patterns in your life will continue to play out in a dysfunctional way. If you're unhappy, lacking confidence, dissatisfied with parts of yourself, unable to focus, unable to take actions, unable to open up and unable to love, are reactive/defensive/ aggressive/ avoidant/ attached etc in relationships, if you can't be happy alone, generally dissatisfied and discontent despite the personal development, despite the yoga and meditation, then it's because you have not processed your past. You have not healed your trauma. You have not returned to authenticity.

This is not just sitting on a therapists couch wallowing in your thoughts, this is very much a deeply spiritual endeavor.

Edited by Spence94

The source of conflict within the individual is  a result of dissowned and disintegrated parts of himself. This normally happened because an immature boy misinterpreted events that happened to him. As a result, trauma was created, as  a defence mechanism, to help the boy survive. As a man, this trauma, this defence mechanism does not serve him or his world. The process is to strip back the layers and return to realness and authenticity. The specific event of the past doesn't really matter in the process, what matters is seeing the truth and seeing the past for what it really was, seeing why the trauma was created, what it was protecting, how it was false or how it no longer serves the man.Then returning to seeing the present for what it really is, as pure, authentic, divine being and presence.

Edited by Spence94

Conflict takes up a lot of energy. Conflict creates a lot of suffering. Conflict removes the mind from the present. Conflict removes authenticity. Conflict prevents Self development from gaining traction. Conflict creates backsliding. Conflict destroys relationships. Conflict must be healed. To transform, one must be out of conflict.