Spence94

Has anybody taken Jordan Petersons Self authoring program?

8 posts in this topic

Curious if anyone has taken Jordan Petersons Self authoring program here and can give any feedback, reviews or suggestions?

I am thinking of taking the program.

Haven't taken it but the LP course seems much more comprehensive, plus JP literally says what the whole course is all the time in speeches, just imagine yourself in 5 years if things go well and if things don't go well. I don't think he gets into limiting beliefs and core fears and core values which is essential for this work.

I highly recommend it and I've written about it on the forum a couple of times in the past. If you do a search for "future authoring" and look for my avatar you can go look through those posts, rather than repeating it here. Maybe I'll collect all my thoughts and make a comprehensive post in the "Self-Help Product & Book Reviews" section eventually.

Of course it's not as comprehensive as Leo's course. But it's 10x cheaper, takes 10x less time, and yet I feel like it still provides a great level of value. There are some practical things it'll reveal that aren't even covered in the Life Purpose course.

If you want, you can buy just the Future Authoring module. I think that's where the vast majority of the value comes from and I'd do it first. But for $30 you might as well just buy the entire Self Authoring Suite, in case you ever want to do the past/present modules later.

His Big 5 personality assessment (Understandmyself.com) is less practical but still gives some interesting insights about yourself. For another $10, why not.

Do a quick search for coupons/discounts before you buy, although it looks like they have a 2-for-1 deal going right now so there might not be any discount available.

I am thinking of taking the program.

If you've bought a video game or something similar for $60 within the last year without this much thought and research, ask yourself why you've got so much resistance to buying a self-help product for half that price that has a chance to dramatically improve your life.

If you're considering the program, then Jordan Peterson has probably already given you more than $30 worth of value to you through his talks/interviews even if the program turns out to be complete garbage. Consider it a donation for everything you've received already, and anything extra is a bonus. Then you can't go wrong or be disappointed xD

18 minutes ago, SonataAllegro said:

JP literally says what the whole course is all the time in speeches, just imagine yourself in 5 years if things go well and if things don't go well.

There's significantly more depth to it than just this

Edited by Yarco

Thanks, I am going to do both the LP course and the full past, present and future authoring programs. I think they both have a lot of potential value in them in their own ways. I'm working on Trauma these days, I feel the past authoring might provide some value insight and help with the trauma work.

I did it about 5 years back.

I think it could be useful if you aren't that traumatised, and you just need a paradigm shift. I.e. I need to take responsibility for my life.

However, I don't think it is very useful if you are traumatised. I think it has potential to do more harm than good. 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Lol yeah I done it, it's nothing special, just basic self help stuff. Making yourself reflect on your past, present and future. If you have basic knowledge of self help concepts the course won't give you anything new. It's basically aimed at people who aren't into self help to get them to think more about their lives and where they are going etc.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

A great introduction into self help for novices and newbies to self development.

I mainly want to do work on my past. I think I am a 'novice'/ 'newbie' in that area of work, I have never really looked into my past and feel the unconcious patterns are holding me back. I don't know to what extend I am traumatized or to what extent I just need a better understanding and application of basic self development in this area. I dunno. Lol. Someone offered me the course for free so I'll check it out anyways, maybe deeper work needs to be done elsewhere.