Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Random witch

Twitch, women, and male entitlement

29 posts in this topic

Edited by Random witch

24 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Harrasement is no surprise, when you're working in a space dominated by losers, basically. Honestly, who else got the time to watch twitch streamers? This is not so much about male entitlement, but about desperation and lack of purphose/real hobbies.

Just be a cool fucking dude, and no women will ever feel threatened by you. Simple.

This phenomenon happens not only on Twitch but in any field dominated by men in various manifestations.

It's not a behiviour of aimless and bored men only.

I got you.

Men: bad

Women:  sweet inoffensive creatures.

I'ma Mechanical engineer, and in my daily professional life, almost all my coworkers are men. I don't even talk or look at the women, I won't change the way I am in my work just to make these entitled feminists happy.

Women are the real entitled ones. 

5 minutes ago, Tudo said:

I got you.

Men: bad

Women:  sweet inoffensive creatures.

I'ma Mechanical engineer, and in my daily professional life, almost all my coworkers are men. I don't even talk or look at the women, I won't change the way I am in my work just to make these entitled feminists happy.

Women are the real entitled ones. 

Have you watched the entire documentary before your reactive response?

Have you ever wondered why most of your co-workers are men? 

Have you ever wondered why most people in power positions are men?

Not because of women's "entitlement" for sure.

I'm not trying to demonise vs idealise men and women, I'm not interested in gender wars. 

I'm interested in displaying real difficulties and struggles that women are going through, I don't deny men's struggles either. Why talking about women's struggles caused by men makes you so angry?

5 minutes ago, Benton said:

Instead of talking about how the aposing gender is bad. Why don’t we work to understand each other? Why do men harass women like this? Why do so many men just think that women are entitled and asking for special treatment? Things in society and culture, have been primarily masculine dominate in our way of doing things. This doesn’t just apply to men but women as well I think to an extent. At least I’m western cultures. Indian culture acknowledges the feminine a bit better.

In western culture we are moving from blue/orange into green. These are all mixed still obviously. Stage green comes with the emergence of more feminine values. And we have a hard time with change culturally. The Christians hated the sex, drugs, and rockn roll thing. As well as people relying on science more than religion. 
Orange is very evidence based and rationale. As well as masculine. Most of the stages before green where pretty masculine. And I think this is because masculinity is a bit more survival driven and I think that was necessary for humanities early development. 
With the emergence of green and feminine values. A lot of women are realizing how they’ve been getting treated by society and culture and how they are viewed by it. 
And a lot of resentment comes up with it; which is pretty natural. A lot of orange people feel resentment, when they realize what the religion they where indoctrinated into really is.

And the people in blue didn’t like the orange people leaving them!!! And having ideas that combated their own!!

Its the same with a lot of men in culture today. They are used to the masculine way of doing things and don’t like this shift in focus. Orange doesn’t place as much value on emotions as green. So green seems overly sensitive to them. 
That’s where I think this resentment is coming from with the two genders. 
Many men are not in touch with their femininity. And that makes understanding feminine entities difficult because it’s an aspect of themselves they repress. A lot of women today are really fed up with masculinity and want nothing to do with it. Because they can see how they’ve been indoctrinated by culture in certain areas.

A healthy human has integrated both their feminine and masculine side. 
The duality of the two genders is collapsing and that’s why we are getting so many lgbtq people these days. 
Lots of green men havnt integrates their masculine side as well. And this makes it difficult for quite a few women to be attracted to them. 
Im kind of running out of brain juice now. I can’t tell if that was a rant or what not. 
But let’s try and have a discussion where we build understanding on why things are this way in our culture. Instead of judging eachother. We’re all going through it. Let’s have compassion.

No clue if that helped or made things worse. I have much to learn in communicating with people.

It's a post from women's perspective, in a forum dominated by mainly stage orange-green men.

It has nothing to do with blaming or judging anyone in particular.

I see that men are get triggered by those kind of stuff since it's not the first time I do that, but if you are interested in a real self awareness and improvement, if you precive yourself as a modern and open minded man, you should handle it. 

The point is that women want to connect to men, genuinely. And we also want to be free in the world as much as you, we want to have the privilege of relative safety and the right for self actualization as much as you. We want to feel heard and seen, seriously taken by you, get real opportunities, and not just be objectified, ignored or ridiculed as often happens.

The compassion has to come from both sides, but especially from men towards women, because the main problem in society is women and femininity hatred.

5 hours ago, Benton said:

I completely agree! I was wasn’t trying to imply that you or women are the specific aggressor. The points you made, made sense to me.  And I think one of the people here was very close minded in comparison. I just try to come in with both perspectives so that neither side will feel misheard. And not like they are being attacked. 
I failed at that apparently? 

I see what your saying. I want that for women as well! So badly. Once society has a heavier feminine influence on it I think a lot of our problems we have now will be aleived. 
In one of my trips I was told that the feminine is so inclusive it includes the masculine. Because I was experiencing an entity that has appeared to me as both masculine and feminine. 
I know it might just be my personal idea of what’s going on but. I think that womankind will be standing on the back of man. 
I think as we become more conscious we will become more feminine. Because what are these things really? Femininity, masculinity.

They aren’t our descriptions of them. They don’t necessarily have to be our idea of it. And I don’t think most people are conscious of what femininity is.

Women gaining voice and sway on influence. To me means the planet becoming a more conscious place.

The more inclusive a thing is the more conscious it is. And that is why I suspect femininity is a more conscious approach to life.

I see what you've tried to do, I don't came to you with accusations.

I respect your opinion, which sounds for me pretty advanced in comparison to the average man.

You understand that embracing femininity will lead for good to everyone.

Only with embracing femininity men can embody healthy masculinity, unfortunately many men still don't get it and push femininity far away, harting women and themselves.

9 hours ago, Random witch said:

I'm not interested in gender wars

I get that. But it is very clear that you have an intense dislike of men which means you're going to start them no matter what

18 minutes ago, something_else said:

I get that. But it is very clear that you have an intense dislike of men which means you're going to start them no matter what

Very clear to who? To you?

Talking about women's struggles in society isn't "an intense dislike of men". Men here frequently share their struggles and people rarely accuse them for "starting wars" because this is the norm.

The vibe that I feel here is that people want to shut me up because I share uncomfortable things, aiming to gain people's awareness to certain stuff.

In what way women can do that without being accused for negative motives? And why do you feel disliked by me sharing common problems?

Instead of being bothered with me, be bothered with the subject I'm sharing and have an opinion on that.

Edited by Random witch

@Random witch I agree with what you're saying, and the issue is real. But I think you have a unconscious shadow of dislike/distain for some men, and that's what the men on the forum are reacting to. You aren't going to find too much compassion on here in that respect, so prepare for more pushback because people will likely dismiss your relevant points by questioning your motives etc

22 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Random witch I agree with what you're saying, and the issue is real. But I think you have a unconscious shadow of dislike/distain for some men, and that's what the men on the forum are reacting to. You aren't going to find too much compassion on here in that respect, so prepare for more pushback because people will likely dismiss your relevant points by questioning your motives etc

I wonder what do I need to do in order to prove you wrong? Do I have to write love letters for all of you? Do I need to fawn and shiver you with compliments? Are there any specific jokes that you want me to laugh at?

From what I see I act pretty neutral, I talk with respect to people and I'm pretty freindly with you guys. Anyone who ever DM me received a kind and polite response.

Are you bothered by my silly nickname? Or that's because I support feminism? 

Edited by Random witch

Just now, Random witch said:

I wonder what do I need to do in order to prove you wrong? Do I have to write love letters for all of you? Do I need to fawn and shiver you with compliments? Are there any specific jokes that you want me to laugh at?

From what I see I act pretty neutral, I talk with respect to people and I'm pretty freindly with you guys. Anyone who ever DM me received a kind and polite response.

Are you bothered by my silly nickname? Because I support feminism? 

Lol. I was just pointing out to you why you are being perceived the way you are. 

You can do whatever you want, maybe you are right and everyone else is crazy

10 hours ago, Random witch said:

And we also want to be free in the world as much as you, we want to have the privilege of relative safety and the right for self actualization as much as you

Why do you think you are not as free as a man? Can you list some privileges that a man has that you don't?

@zurew Do you believe men and women have equal privileges in modern society?

I'd say the sexual objectification, financial dependence of most women on men, and the freedom to travel where/when you want are all male privileges.

I have 0 fear walking around my neighborhood at night, but there isn't an opposite sex with the physical capability to overpower me at will 

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

Do you believe men and women have equal privileges in modern society?

Mostly yes, but depending on the country.

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I'd say the sexual objectification, financial dependence of most women on men, and the freedom to travel where/when you want are all male privileges.

I agree with the sexual objectification part, but i don't with the financial dependence on men part. You have the opportunity as a woman to get whatever job you want, so you can get financially independent. There are more and more entrepreneur woman out there as well. Modern society gave opportunity for everyone, for man and woman as well. I don't see why its easier to get financially independent as a man vs as a woman.

But i can think of a privilege that a woman has but a man don't. Being able to abort a children, a woman has 100% ability to make her choice, of course she can talk with her man, but if she doesn't agree with the man's decision, then her choice will trump the man's in this specific case. I don't say that this is wrong, i just point it out.

32 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Lol. I was just pointing out to you why you are being perceived the way you are. 

You can do whatever you want, maybe you are right and everyone else is crazy

What is the solution you offer for me to not being perceived that way? Maybe it's just a projection of your collective egos in action?

23 minutes ago, zurew said:

Why do you think you are not as free as a man? Can you list some privileges that a man has that you don't?

I want to be free from men's gaze, from judgment, on streets and everywhere. From the obsessive judgement of my appearance as a woman and deciding my value by my beauty only, that eventually will fade. I want to be free to be a full human being with virtues and flaws, around men without being perceived as an immediate threat, without being ridiculouled and ignored.

I want men to see beyond the fact that I'm a woman, I want to be taken seriously, in work and any field that dominated by men. I want to be encouraged and not being pushed back.

Edited by Random witch

Just now, Random witch said:

I want to be free from men's gaze, from judgment, on streets and everywhere. From the obsessive judgement of my appearance as a woman and deciding my value by my beauty, that eventually will fade, only. I want to be free to be a full human being with virtues and flaws, around men without being perceived as an immediate threat, without being ridiculouled and ignored.

I want men to see beyond the fact that I'm a woman, I want to be taken seriously, in work and any field that dominated by men. I want to be encouraged and not being pushed back.

Thats fair to say. I think this problem won't be solved anytime soon. Man usually look at woman's apperance because it is kind of biologically programmed into us, to select the best female for our children. Of course in the modern society woman can suffer from that because everyone is highly objectified, some woman like it some don't. Man can be respectful if they want though, but yes, it is hard to change society.

5 minutes ago, Random witch said:

Why is the solution you offer for me to not being perceived that way? Maybe it's just a projection of your collective egos in action?

My point was you are going to get responses that lead to conflict, like what you are getting in this thread. I also sense and don't like that part of you, it's like a jaded shadow that is angry, but you are right I could also be projecting

Edited by Raptorsin7

36 minutes ago, Random witch said:

Talking about women's struggles in society isn't "an intense dislike of men"

No but the way you frame these struggles gives off a very "anti-men" vibe. Not saying that's bad or that you're wrong, just that if you frame things combatatively then that will start gender wars. Just like it does when incel or redpill dudes start posting their toxic garbage about women being their problem

52 minutes ago, Random witch said:

Men here frequently share their struggles and people rarely accuse them for "starting wars" because this is the norm.

Most men's struggles talked about here aren't really framing women as the enemy though, or suggesting that women should change. Mostly it's framed as them wanting change or improve themselves when it comes to women, which is less combatative. Of course there are exceptions, there are def some very toxic guys that pop up here

1 hour ago, Random witch said:

Talking about women's struggles in society isn't "an intense dislike of men".

Yes thats true. However when we are talking about any polarizing issues. If we only talk about one side of the problems a lot of people will get triggered. I know you specifically wanted to talk about the woman side. However i think you can achieve more especially in a male dominated forum, if you present some male arguments also, so man can automatically see that you are not biased. That way, they can engage more with your message, rather then attacking you why you are biased and so on.