Manusia

Any fastest method to learn german language?

25 posts in this topic

Need learn germany for my next education. But when I join the german course, its demotivated me.. the classical way to learn. I remember when I was in school there is a english class but I don't get anything at all. I learn English from youtube and internet, not from class and course. Yeah maybe I have bad grammar but I can communicate to people and learning in more motivated way.

Any method of learning german that efficient? Or any suggestion to me in learning language?

Just now, Manusia said:

Need learn germany for my next education. But when I join the german course, its demotivated me.. the classical way to learn. I remember when I was in school there is a english class but I don't get anything at all. I learn English from youtube and internet, not from class and course. Yeah maybe I have bad grammar but I can communicate to people and learning in more motivated way.

Any method of learning german that efficient? Or any suggestion to me in learning language?

I come from Germany big problem is that German music is boring. So it is hard to motivate. Though reading German is quite nice actually. 
Here a song for Karaoke that works for me:

I don't think there's anything so extraordinary about German that the strategies for learning any language, would not apply for learning German.

So get a basic understanding of the grammar, maybe from a course (in person, at some language school), or some kind of app/digital program.

Once you know just a few rules you can start to build sentences and should then already practice speaking, even if you can't say a lot.

Don't worry about saying everything correctly (which btw you wouldn't manage to do in German anyways, even Germans get things wrong), just focus on saying things and getting feedback. It's fine to make mistakes. You'll have to make a lot of them!

You can see if you can get online lessons 1on1 with a German native speaker on e.g. Italki, so you can practice talking whenever you want.

And you'll have to immerse yourself in the language. Listen to German music, watch a German TV series etc, go in some German online forum (maybe there are even ones explicitly for learning German?! I don't know).

Listen to some Scooter and Rammstein ?

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Manusia 

In order to learn the language, you have to interact with it as much as possible, for example by watching this YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/EasyGerman

I personally use "Duolingo" and "Clozemaster" every day to learn languages, other people like to use vocabulary lists on "Anki".

If you just play Duolingo for half an hour a day for a couple of months your German will already be good enough for most basic interactions (restaurant, supermarket, asking for directions etc.). It is actually fairly easy to get to an A1/A2 level in German, especially if you speak English already. It's just almost impossible to get to C2 / Native speaker level bc there are many small mistakes you can do. But they don't really matter, people will understand you just fine. Good Luck!

Anthony Metivier's  master class called the Magnetic Memory Method. Check out his YouTube and check out his website. 

He also writes books on how to learn languages really fast using memory palaces. 

Learn his technique and you'll be able to get fluency way faster than anybody else. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 3/17/2022 at 3:52 PM, Manusia said:

Learn the basics of German grammar and then immerse yourself in a German language. Stop reading and watching content in your native language altogether. Make your own Anki deck for all the new words and idioms you stumble upon to memorize them. Repeat the old words and learn the new ones every day. Use Italki to develop your speaking skills. Consistency is the key.

https://www.lingq.com/en/

https://refold.la/

Check these two websites out if you're serious about becoming fluent in a foreign language. Best part about their methods is that it is actually fun and enjoyable too, but it's an approach only for people who are willing to put in a few hours a day of time with the language over the months and years. Not about 'fluent in 3 months' or any of that bullshit.

Edited by Spence94

On 3/17/2022 at 1:52 PM, Manusia said:

Nein!

On Meetup for example are groups that meet in bars or coffee places to chill and talk. And you may find a native speaker, or a new friend! Aww! 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

20 hours ago, Manusia said:

@Epikur I dont really like german music thoo.. but I like this one, but metal.

Dorn - Windtränen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWxwpYXZ_

Oh boy, if you like Metal, we have quite some good stuff. Here's some examples:

And here's some great non-Metal stuff:

^This one is even about becoming the witness when thought and emotion are intense, Cr7z is often quite spiritual in his lyrics.

^Käptn Peng also is very deep in his lyrics.

Hope you'll enjoy some of this, don't listen to @Epikur saying that German music is borng ;)

3 hours ago, A_v_E said:

your energy must be focus like an addict at world of warcraft.

@A_v_E

I am learning Mandarin Chinese. I am not expecting to be 'fluent' any time soon but I feel a world of warcraft level of addiction kicking in. I have a job and am trying to build my lifes purpose so it's not easy. Aspire to spend the rest of my time 'playing world of warcraft' though. ;)

Edited by Spence94

@Kundalini Cataclysm

German music is garbage. They almost never have international pop hits but if 
you like their stuff good for you. The language is not good for music.

Nowadays there are more apps for language learning than languages. The best online learning program is by far "Rosetta Stone". It costs like 10-20 dollars per month and is made just like a child would learn a language from its mother. No grammar, no vocabularies, no bullshit. Just pictures, text, spoken word and writing. 

And the best part, it makes a ton of fun, especially when you can try out the learned stuff in real life ;)

@Spence94 Hey! I'm just starting to study Mandarin on my free time. How are you going about it? Any good Mandarin resources to share? :P

Personally I've just been using Duolingo for now and listening to a couple of podcasts on spotify: Coffee break Chinese and SBS Mandarin.

It's a tricky language. I might buy some books on it and find some Mandarin kid's cartoons to watch. Chinese media content is hard to find on the western side of the internet though:|

3 hours ago, Epikur said:

@Kundalini Cataclysm

German music is garbage. They almost never have international pop hits but if 
you like their stuff good for you. The language is not good for music.

So, you're judging the quality of a country's music by how many international pop hits come from that country? The best musicians in any language never become really popular. What many people like is not a measure of how good the music is.
Also, Rammstein sell out fucking stadiums around the world.

3 hours ago, Vynce said:

Nowadays there are more apps for language learning than languages. The best online learning program is by far "Rosetta Stone". It costs like 10-20 dollars per month and is made just like a child would learn a language from its mother. No grammar, no vocabularies, no bullshit. Just pictures, text, spoken word and writing. 

And the best part, it makes a ton of fun, especially when you can try out the learned stuff in real life ;)

Second this.

@A_v_E Steve Kaufman talks about 'unlocking the potential of the language', he says after 6-12 months of solid time, you can unlock the languages potential, you can reach a  point where you can comprehend 90% of input, 90% of what you listen to and read, at that point, it just snowballs and the fluency of communication will follow and just keep improving so long as you keep engaging with the language to a degree.

My life coach is French and his Chinese is amazing, he said that in Chinese the threshold is around 4000 words. At that point you can actually understand pretty much everything that all the Chinese people around you are saying. 

There is no final fluency, I am a native English speaker and my English is better now that it was 5 years ago. It's a journey.

Edited by Spence94