Leo Gura

Warning: People Splintering This Community Insta-Banned

190 posts in this topic

@Epikur Do you doubt that I predicted Nahm would get asked to leave the forum weeks before it happened?

@Raptorsin7 Remember not to speak your mind in proximity of Epikur unless you have evidence to support your claims. He is after all your judge and this is nothing short of his courtroom.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Epikur Do you doubt that I predicted Nahm would get asked to leave the forum weeks before it happened?

For that you do not need psychic powers. Just a mildly functioning brain.

Just now, Epikur said:

For that you do not need psychic powers. Just a mildly functioning brain.

That's why I said it's a minor version. Powers exist on a spectrum.  Clairvoyance is low on the spectrum and something like pyromancy is much higher.

Why not just admit you have no idea what's possible. Arrogant closemindedness is below clairvoyance on the spectrum (:

Just now, Reciprocality said:

@Raptorsin7 Remember not to speak your mind in proximity of Epikur unless you have evidence to support your claims. He is after all your judge and this is nothing short of his courtroom.

Yes right who needs evidence? That is why I just tell that I am right without evidence. Why would would you question me?
Because you can't handle the truth?

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

That's why I said it's a minor version. Powers exist on a spectrum.  Clairvoyance is low on the spectrum and something like pyromancy is much higher.

Why not just admit you have no idea what's possible. Arrogant closemindedness is below clairvoyance on the spectrum (:

I know that the amount of lies are infinite that is quite amazing actually and the amount of 
evidence is infinitely limited. 

@Raptorsin7 Actually speaking of predictions, i remember Sadhguru talking about people who lived off the land and were nomadic and he said they were able to predict weather and danger and other things just from their senses, ie any human in a given environment can be more aware of certain things that will aid their survival, or they can even practice being aware of things or studying things and their awareness will grow in this area. 

So i think when we're talking about special abilities and can be brought to reality by seeing it as just advanced awareness. We dont know the limitations of our senses and mind, so its not so much of a stretch to say if you enhance your awareness you could look like you have a super power to someone who is not aware. Its like if you went back in time and could predict human behavior because you knew about psychology you would  would be seen as a mind reader, i mean youll probably get burned for being a witch though lol. 

Just now, Consept said:

@Raptorsin7 Actually speaking of predictions, i remember Sadhguru talking about people who lived off the land and were nomadic and he said they were able to predict weather and danger and other things just from their senses, ie any human in a given environment can be more aware of certain things that will aid their survival, or they can even practice being aware of things or studying things and their awareness will grow in this area. 

So i think when we're talking about special abilities and can be brought to reality by seeing it as just advanced awareness. We dont know the limitations of our senses and mind, so its not so much of a stretch to say if you enhance your awareness you could look like you have a super power to someone who is not aware. Its like if you went back in time and could predict human behavior because you knew about psychology you would  would be seen as a mind reader, i mean youll probably get burned for being a witch though lol. 

That's interesting, great point.

Yeah I bet there are people that none of us are aware of that can perform god like miracles, but maybe to them it's as simple as learning to walk haha. 

I remember on one of my psych trips I was playing league of legends, and I could literally feel into the animations of the game, like I would see creatures pulsate and I could feel in perfect sync with what I was seeing. I bet the rabbit whole goes infinitely deep, who knows what's possible.

I also think we don't necessarily have control over how they develop. It's probably like whatever you need in the moment of your life is what will manifest.

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

Shure you have. I guess there are just minor problems regarding evidence.

It's mostly experiences of precognition like @Raptorsin7 is talking about. It's kinda inaccurate to call it paranormal. It's pretty normal. It just goes against the materialist paradigm.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, hyruga said:

Which part did he claim he has them?

It's the same claims Adeptus Psychonautica has criticized him for.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

Don´t think sadhguru claims he has paranormal abilities. "It´s not about becoming superhuman, it´s about realizing being human is super" is a quote I remember from him from somewhere.

“I’m gonna go build my own spiritual forum… with blackjack and hookers!”

Edited by Null Simplex

@Carl-Richard Dreams are logical, based on your mental contents having associations. You might see three and three in real life, forget about it or no realize the significance of it, and then have a dream with six in it. This does not require subversion of the laws of physics and is not an argument for an immaterial universe.

6 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Carl-Richard Dreams are logical, based on your mental contents having associations. You might see three and three in real life, forget about it or no realize the significance of it, and then have a dream with six in it. This does not require subversion of the laws of physics and is not an argument for an immaterial universe.

I challenge you to explain my tornado dream without breaking the assumptions of materialism.

16 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I challenge you to explain my tornado dream without breaking the assumptions of materialism.

Having read Jung, he talks about dreams like this. He did believe in preternatural telepathy and explained these sorts of dreams with synchronicity, but I think his regular model of how dreams work is sufficient. As I said, threes can make a six. You could pick up on incredibly subtle details of the world materially and then have some unseen component of your mind program that into a warning image. As in if you had once heard about tornado season, forgotten about it, and then were warned about it later on after you saw subliminally some weather forecast and connected that with the unconsciously stored fact the month you were in was the tornadic season. Jung used, through hypnosis, the extraction of forgotten or never previously conscious information from people from hypnosis for psychoanalytic discoveries about these people. Anyway, an example would be if someone looked at something while not paying attention, completely not knowing about it to the point they can't describe it to you in normal consciousness, only for the hypnosis to reveal the mind actually had taken in more information than what was originally known by the conscious mind . . .

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

@AtheisticNonduality Ok, so you got a general mechanism. Now, how do you explain the fact that I was dreaming about it temporally parallel to one of the biggest tornado events in history? (dreaming about it as it was happening).

I'm also curious what type of material conditions I would need to subconsciously pick up on in order to have a symbolic representation in a dream (being chased by ghost) occurring temporally parallel to when my dad's boss would die from a drowning accident while trying to save his dog who had fallen through the ice on a lake.

Wow, an attempted Coup, interesting, interesting. I look forward to the next season of Drama of Actualized.org.

Btw I can't quite follow the character arcs, what were the names of the Separatists who were caught? I am in particular interested in the names of the Moderators.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

@AtheisticNonduality Ok, so you got a general mechanism. Now, how do you explain the fact that I was dreaming about it temporally parallel to one of the biggest tornado events in history?

I don't know. Perhaps you felt some subtle change in air pressure that correlates with powerful and distant tornados. The occult idea (despite my disagreements with the occult) of "as above, so below" seems more apt, the macroscopic waves of a physical system having a profound whole-part interlinkage with the microscopic elements in it being more of an explanation of a material phenomenon like a tornado and your dream of it than some abstraction of ghostly quality. I do not have the ability to prove anything either way though, but I think it is some vast outer appearance of materiality (like weather reports seen subliminally, behavior in people noticed by the mind, patterns in society, climate, etc. in applying to whatever predictions) that gives the microscopic (your own human subconscious mind) the impression it needs to form the visual element of it with that subconscious disturbance.

23 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Wow, an attempted Coup, interesting, interesting. I look forward to the next season of Drama of Actualized.org.

Btw I can't quite follow the character arcs, what were the names of the Separatists who were caught? I am in particular interested in the names of the Moderators.

Nahm was the leader. You can figure out the other people because they give themselves away from having their last posts all on Wednesday before they went silent . . . xD

2. I may or may not have written the RationalWiki article . . .

3. My masturbatorium post is ban-worthy by the definition of "splintering" perhaps. Though probably not. It is accurate, so it should not have that status at all.