Leo Gura

Warning: People Splintering This Community Insta-Banned

190 posts in this topic

@ted73104 Yes but perhaps this is a good indication of the good people here with shared values are actually itching for something else. 

My own personal perspective is nothing new is really discussed here just the same topics. 

Perhaps Leo needs to rethink the format of what community connection really means. Maybe it could be time for him to get out, meet people, do QnAs or retreats for example as he so promised many years ago. 

1 hour ago, Surfingthewave said:

Why do you care so much @Leo Gura? So what if people want to start their own forum? It's not a conspiracy, it's free speech. Be flattered that people want to copy your successful format.

The ego is a very subtle thing.

Just remember why you started this project, and if people want to do something else, good for them. Be careful about banning the good people here. It's a shame what happened with @Nahm.

Perhaps movements and groups like this naturally move into something else, so maybe let go. 

10 hours ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

I can't think of any group, forum or business in the world that would be cool with members using it to recruit other members to create their own version of it. If they were cool with it, they wouldn't last very long. 

No one is saying you can't start your own forum or whatever you want to do, you just have to build it yourself, which I think is fair, no?

@Consept

Artists steal ideas all the time, it's part of the creative process. We call it inspiration. Why do you think there are so many of these types of cases going to court. 

There are dozens of businesses where this has happened. Open your eyes. In the spiritual community to be so protective over your ideas/business/concept defeats the whole object of what you're trying to do in the first place.

Otherwise it's just about a guy generating free content of long monologues about certain subjects. The Wizard of Oz type effect. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Surfingthewave I think the issue is the way the community was created and the obvious leeching that took place.

Using a name that is very similar to Leo's and creating a forum that is virtually identical to Leo's is an obvious attempt to use Leo's legitimacy to create that same sense in their community. Also the attempt to recruit members from this forum is slimy imo.

Also, if you follow the series of events that led to the creation of the community it's just a pattern of dishonesty and shadow behaviors. Imo @Nahm wanted to be kicked off the forum and so purposefully engaged in public belittling and ridicule of Leo so he had a pretext for creating his own community. 

8 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Consept

Artists steal ideas all the time, it's part of the creative process. We call it inspiration. Why do you think there are so many of these types of cases going to court. 

There are dozens of businesses where this has happened. Open your eyes. In the spiritual community to be so protective over your ideas/business/concept defeats the whole object of what you're trying to do in the first place.

Otherwise it's just about a guy generating free content of long monologues about certain subjects. The Wizard of Oz type effect. 

Well yeah but if they're going to court that would suggest that it's perceived to be unfair. 

But that's not the point, again you can steal this concept of a forum around spirituality, it's not exactly a new concept, the issue is going into something someone has built from the ground up and then trying to leech off of it to build their business. 

If you setup restaurant and someone puts their food cart in your parking lot offering the same food for cheaper, you're not going to be ok with it and just say 'ah well artist's steal'. 

At the very least it's not a very spiritual and caring thing to do, it's actually quite ruthless and under handed. 

@Raptorsin7 There are lots of forums, maybe let people make their own judgement about where they want to spend their time. 

@Consept So maybe you offer some different food? Nothing like a dose of healthy competition. 

My point is this community is bigger than one person. Maybe it's time to recalibrate, go with the times and update it. There are people in this community who want a bit more than want is currently on offer here (me included). And that's ok. Like Steve Jobs did with Apple, he reinvented what was on offer. 

15 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Raptorsin7 There are lots of forums, maybe let people make their own judgement about where they want to spend their time. 

People are free to make their own judgment. And I am free to point out dishonesty and a lack of integrity when and where I see it

Edited by Raptorsin7

20 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Consept So maybe you offer some different food? Nothing like a dose of healthy competition. 

My point is this community is bigger than one person. Maybe it's time to recalibrate, go with the times and update it. There are people in this community who want a bit more than want is currently on offer here (me included). And that's ok. Like Steve Jobs did with Apple, he reinvented what was on offer. 

To be fair its quite similar food, but either way yes i agree there should be diverse forums or forums that are similar to this one but add something different, of course, no one is saying that you have to just be on Actualized and thats it. Me personally, most content i consume is nothing to do with Actualized. The one issue is, (if we go back to the restaurant analogy lol), dont come into my restaurant and slip my customers notes secretly, about how they can get something similar and cheaper. Do your own independent marketing and get your own customers, this is the same across the board, show me one organisation that would be happy with these types of actions. 

6 hours ago, A_v_E said:

@IAmReallyImportant  
leo has leeched youtube himself, without youtube he wouldn't have built a subcommunity and attracted people with his material.

YT is a fair competition. This is different. They're stealing Leo's efforts, it's lazy and not creative competitive at all.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Consept said:

At the very least it's not a very spiritual and caring thing to do, it's actually quite ruthless and under handed. 

You don't know their motives. They may be thinking Leo is a devil that is leading people off the cliff so they feel responsible for guiding them back to the right way.

But I don't know who and what happened so I may be just talking nonsense.

32 minutes ago, Consept said:

To be fair its quite similar food, but either way yes i agree there should be diverse forums or forums that are similar to this one but add something different, of course, no one is saying that you have to just be on Actualized and thats it. Me personally, most content i consume is nothing to do with Actualized. The one issue is, (if we go back to the restaurant analogy lol), dont come into my restaurant and slip my customers notes secretly, about how they can get something similar and cheaper. Do your own independent marketing and get your own customers, this is the same across the board, show me one organisation that would be happy with these types of actions. 

This analogy is not quite accurate, because they're not actually serving their self-made foods. They're not only stealing costumers but also the ingredients and most of the food itself while serving it in a different package to escape copyrights but not very different so that it still looks similar to the original.

Again I don't know what happened, I'm just talking based on the thread posts here.

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You don't know their motives. They may be thinking Leo is a devil that is leading people off the cliff so they feel responsible for guiding them back to the right way.

But I don't know who and what happened so I may be just talking nonsense.

Yeah it could be righteous action from their pov who knows. But i just dont think its that serious, this isnt a cult, i dont agree with Leo on lots of things but to view him as someone you have to help others escape from would be extreme. In reality if youre starting a business thats a spiritual forum similar to actualized, the best place to recruit would be actualized, if they were claiming anything else i would be skeptical.

@Leo Gura where are u learning all these leadership tactics from.can u give me the resource from which u learned it

Also discord is inferiour to this forum.your bits of information will be lost in discord .discord is good for nothing .discord is useful only to people who is active every time.for people who only check once a day ,discord is useless.

Also u cannot have a good discussion in discord like in this forum 

This community will not be allowed to splinter. This is rule #0. Always has been.

My #1 responsibility here is to ensure this community is not hijacked by people who do not understand the dangers of running a spiritual community. A spiritual community easily spirals out of hand without proper leadership.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Leo Gura where are u learning all these leadership tactics from.can u give me the resource from which u learned it

Also discord is inferiour to this forum.your bits of information will be lost in discord .discord is good for nothing .discord is useful only to people who is active every time.for people who only check once a day ,discord is useless.

Also u cannot have a good discussion in discord like in this forum 

Sadhguru charges 6.5k dollars

@Epikur

4 hours ago, Epikur said:

Sadhguru charges 6.5k dollars

He charges that much?! For what?

Does he also demonstrate at this price the paranormal abilities he claims he possess?

I don't think so!

On 3/18/2022 at 2:22 AM, Thought Art said:

Lol and actually make sure you do it.

What? 

39 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

@Leo Gura For those of us who want a discord with the exact theme of this forum, what would you recommend?

Don't.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.