Leo Gura

Warning: People Splintering This Community Insta-Banned

190 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, SOUL said:

How dare they not try to recruit me!

Guess they had enough comedians already ? 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I had the same thing happen to me when I ran a forum a couple of years ago. Some members thought the moderating was too strict and serious, and they wanted an alternative forum to 'have fun'. Turns out all that was happening on that forum was bitching, gossipping and trolling/meme'ing people of the main forum. A pathetic display.

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

17 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

C'mooon tell us. I'm curious which of these high level members and mods got hit by the ban hammer.

All you need to know is that it's a substantial amount of people.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

34 minutes ago, Cykaaaa said:

C'mooon tell us. I'm curious which of these high level members and mods got hit by the ban hammer.

We promise we ain't gonna join them :D You can always ban such people.

In case of the mods I bet you can connect the dots if you pay attention to which ones aren't as active here anymore. Or maybe yet they're the kind of banned mods who haven't had much of a presence here in the first place ?

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

All our current Mods are in good standing. No need to doubt them, they are doing good work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have recently been forced to ban a group of members trying to splinter this community by starting an alternative forum and trying to recruits our members and even our Mods. This was an underhanded scheme which explicitly violates our Forum Guidelines rule against splintering this community into other forums and groups.

Several Mods and high level members of this forum were involved and have now been banned. They conspired to deliberately recruits our Mods to a new forum, violating my trust in them. I consider being involved in a conspiracy to splinter this community the deepest violation of my trust in you.

Anyone participating this such schemes, whether recruiting or being recruited, will be found, identified, and instantly banned. Any member here who is found on an external forum that replicates the Actualized Forum will be banned from this forum. So pick where your loyalties lie.

For those not involved, thank you for reporting any such recruiting efforts to me. I take the splintering of this community to be the highest violation as I do not trust anyone to run a community like this without turning it into something dangerous like a cult or a set of false teachings. My primary function in administrating and controlling this forum is to never allow it to devolve into a cult or a set of false teachings. If you do not trust my leadership in this regard, please leave now because this point is non-negotiable for me.

Everyone else, thank you for your support. I will be making some changes in how I behave and lead to set a better example for people on this forum in the future. Thanks for bearing with some of my shit.

To be clear, I have no problem with anyone starting their own forum or chat group, but you will not be recruiting our members to it. Go build it from the ground up yourself.

This type of incident was foreseen 5 years ago when I started this forum. I knew one day it would happen. Which is why PM monitoring is necessary. But this incident was reported to me by a fellow member so I didn't have to snoop through many PMs. I try as much as possible not to read your PMs.

Please report any future recruiting attempts directly to me.

If you hadnt ban a certain person this community wouldn't exist.

There are no false or true teachings. You predicting the future sounds deluded to me. 

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

1 minute ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

You predicting the future sounds deluded to me. 

Online communities split off and duplicate all the time. I have personally experienced this in the past.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Online communities split off and duplicate all the time. I have personally experienced this in the past.

I meant the Part with the cult. 

Like there is no reason to be Scared as there can't be redirected so much traffic that it becomes dangerous.

It is obviously an ego problem of Leo. 

Left means not right

And either me or you sounds sd Stage red.

And false or true Teachings sounds like sd Stage blue. 

What countries Flag does this remind you of

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

Left means not right

9 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

I meant the Part with the cult. 

Like there is no reason to be Scared as there can't be redirected so much traffic that it becomes dangerous.

It is obviously an ego problem of Leo. 

Fun fact, the personal experience I talked about devolved into a cult. Not saying it will though. However, I think it's more about maintaining the community and not allowing people to leech in this fashion. It's like setting up a burger stand in the McDonald's parking lot.

3 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

And either me or you sounds sd Stage red.

?

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Fun fact, the personal experience I talked about devolved into a cult. Not saying it will though. However, I think it's more about maintaining the community and not allowing people to leech in this fashion. It's like setting up a burger stand in the McDonald's parking lot.

Yes but the way leo acts does tell more about himself and the story. 

Its no more about burgers, it is about beef. 

Left means not right

3 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Yes but the way leo acts does tell more about himself and the story. 

Its no more about burgers, it is about beef. 

This suddenly became very cryptic o.O

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

This suddenly became very cryptic o.O

I am no native speaker. And not every Metaphor is cryptic, but perception depends on intelligence. 

Btw. Most Private burger stores have better quality than mc Donalds but don't taste that good. 

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

Left means not right

2 hours ago, Benton said:

Says the comedian? are you jealous?

?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

30 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

And not every Metaphor is cryptic, but perception depends on intelligence. 

Well, you'll probably notice that I'm pretty stupid then ^_^

31 minutes ago, IAmReallyImportant said:

Btw. Most Private burger stores have better quality than mc Donalds but don't taste that good. 

Ok now we're dragging the metaphor a bit far.

Has this something to do with de demoting of Nahm?

5 hours ago, somegirl said:

@Leo Gura Hey thanks for making every effort not to make same mistakes as other people who teach these kind of stuff and for not letting it turn into something nasty, considering it's a big responsibility to run such site with lots of people in it. 

Effort much appreciated. 

Lol and actually make sure you do it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I run an automotive group on facebook for turbocharging/supercharging a specific car chassis. I have huge experience (direct) on the subject so i don't want people spreading misinformation or promoting their beliefs about it. Therefore moderation is instant and very strict. Whenever a new member needs information can find it easily without being bombarded from clueless folks who probably killing their time. The way to deal with this people is instant ban whenever they break a rule because they don't have the time to form a sub-group.

In contrast similar groups with little to no moderation are completely useless for gaining knowledge. People post whatever shit they like often recurring or they fight with each other and finally a noob cannot decide who is telling a fact or something he heard from some other guy in the internet.   

Why do you care so much @Leo Gura? So what if people want to start their own forum? It's not a conspiracy, it's free speech. Be flattered that people want to copy your successful format.

The ego is a very subtle thing.

Just remember why you started this project, and if people want to do something else, good for them. Be careful about banning the good people here. It's a shame what happened with @Nahm.

Perhaps movements and groups like this naturally move into something else, so maybe let go. 

@A_v_E @Surfingthewave Totally agree with your perspectives.

However the reason I believe Leo made this decision is because Leo's business needs to survive, and he should keep all the value generated here on his platform and not someone else's. And this is his site so he can really kick people out, doesn't really matter whether those folks deserve to be banned or not. They're just doing something that Leo said he would ban in the first place.