Leo Gura

Warning: People Splintering This Community Insta-Banned

190 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thisintegrated said:

Do not worry, Leo, nothing will replace this place.  Look at how reddit.com/r/SpiralDynamics/ is doing.  There's close to zero demand for this type of content, unfortunately.

And almost all forums other than Reddit are dead.  Everyone's on discord now, for some reason..

Because it's the best thing ever and you can put funny react on every message for a little dopamine spike! :D :redpill: 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I will be making some changes in how I behave and lead to set a better example for people on this forum in the future. Thanks for bearing with some of my shit.

Respect for the self-reflection ?

30 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Goddamn, this is like a fucking warfare? "Conspirators have been detected, and banned (executed)"?

We need an Inquisition to detect kryptos. Some exorcism might be needed too.
We must keep things pure. :)

This is not too hard to work out who's behind it lol. However I don't think they're appreciating how hard it is to keep a forum going especially if you don't have a consistent way of getting new people onto it, forums can easily turn into graveyards. 

But wow who thought there'd be so much warfare in spiritual community :D

9 minutes ago, Consept said:

It's inevitable.

If you cannot foresee such warfare years in advance you have no biz running a spiritual community because it will devolve into devilry behind your back.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Consept said:

This is not too hard to work out who's behind it lol. However I don't think they're appreciating how hard it is to keep a forum going especially if you don't have a consistent way of getting new people onto it, forums can easily turn into graveyards. 

Team Tolle I think are more in peace.

@Leo Gura this and your solipsism purge post remind me so much of this brilliant scene in Pirates of the Caribbean. In my head, I even read the post in the same upper-class English as the announcer in the scene. 

Just to share, I think your decisions are reasonable. Also props for the self-reflection.

Edited by Vrubel

Yeah, I saw a few invites ?

Sad to see but I understand it. 

Interesting how reality works.

Splintering is totally normal part of this reality is seems. Conflict…

Will report going forward…. .

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Thank you for maintaining the integrity of this community. It is quite disappointing when your efforts of many years are undermined by people you trusted

To the people involved

-_-

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I was contacted to join via email. didn't think it will come to actual members being requited here, that's just wild shit!

for people wondering about the forum, It's a bad replica of this forum – no innovation, nothing ! very possibly for the sake of revenge and/or to form a cult-like following at worst. 

@Leo Gura I told you I smelled something nasty, and that it will devolve into a cult movement, I respected and still respect your judgment however, and hope people here be careful and not to go into some other place without giving it a good amount of thought and a good amount of shit tests. because you can easily get trapped in a cult like place, that will hold your development for the promise of being a better/friendlier community. Run as soon as the money basket shows up! 

I dislike people who achieve their goals by abusing the gullibility of others, and refuse to be humble or question themselves, absolutely the worst. you people be very careful! and better have the highest standards and credibility checks when it comes to such communities!

I think people love the forum and don’t wanna give up using it so they create their own 

leeching is the major problem 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It is not only natural but necessary that these divisions occur, and in no sense does that the other forum is a shameless ripoff of this one mean that its content will be any lesser than the contents here.

To consider it a conspiracy is merely self indulgent, the people that leave simply wants to leave, how just they are in taking with them people herefrom can be measured only in the effects which entails , nothing mysterious about that, on the other hand it is entirely fine and sensible to make it as hard for them as can be.

Some laws are best stated to scare people from committing them, than as expressions of what should not be done, and therefore as pointers to the quality of someones character. 

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

6 hours ago, Consept said:

I remember signing up for a spiritual forum a few years back with this naive idea in my head that the members would be more evolved and mature.

Er yeah, didn't take me too long to figure how misguided that was! ? 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

I've been quiet fortunate till now to not be sucked into to much drama in spiritual circles. Last time something similar happened I checked the place and even received some helpful advice and interaction as they had their own complete own version, yet just were to young imo. Although ultimately peoples interest drifted apart and they split. 

Most places I've been to are relatively healthy, yet there are the same biases often within the same group of peoples. That is why I liked Shinzen so much as he admitted his past mistakes of abusing weed and being unavailable to people and even seeking psychiatric advice at the age of 60 or so and changing his ways of teaching to serve the people. Not vice-versa. 

Most spiritual circles even integral have had and have the common issue with suicides, sexual abuse, violence and guru power abuse.  There is nothing perfect, only progress. Not denying the feeling of perfection that is something different. Shadow work and trauma work is what mostly negates these efforts and is also Wilbers call IIRC for a fourth turning in budhhism. Generally every spiritual place should have some shadow work module. 

@Leo Gura
Recruting people certainly is devious if it is done in an and especially from a place were people have been exiled from. I always wondred that every coach/spirituality session offer on this forum does not even make the effort to make a reference back to the place they advertise from. As a gesture of appreciation. Lovely ignorance. Not even mentioning in the videos. For me that is not how conscious business looks like. 

Can you also not copyright strike them for the design of the forum or was this made with a commercially available tool? 

I would ban 90% of your forum anyway lol. But okay.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

This does sound like people on this forum trying to steal Leo's work from. That is definitely messed up.

You too, Brutus? 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

I created a Reddit sub forum with other online friends several years ago. The premise was sort of a “find the others” type deal where we connected to people who had wild psychedelic experiences. It was also heavily focused on the arts so much of what was shared was done in an artistic manner.

It has now in some regards become a place where those who had psychedelic experiences and are severely mentally ill share their mostly incoherent thoughts. Some share artistic spiritual platitudes that lead nowhere. Fun but not super productive. There is some good stuff on there too. It was a really neat experience growing a community (it now has 15k subs) but yea too much mentally ill ramblings killed the space for me and some of the other mods were kinda already on that plane. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Leo Gura Hey thanks for making every effort not to make same mistakes as other people who teach these kind of stuff and for not letting it turn into something nasty, considering it's a big responsibility to run such site with lots of people in it. 

Effort much appreciated. 

How dare they not try to recruit me!

I guess this is where I'll get all the culty false teachings...haha