Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sharpadox

Feelings Of Loss Of Identity And Self

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. In the last couple of weeks I have felt my identity to be falling apart, to deteriorate. This has lead to a major life-changing breakthrough in my life (I think that this has led to it) but now I feel like I've lost my own identity. I no longer feel passion for anything, I don't feel any desire for anything as well. Before I really wanted to become a concept artist and wanted to live the self-actualized life and I also had a stronger moral compass, now I can't feel them, it's as if a part of me is missing, yet... I feel okay, I feel at peace. I also have lost my intuition which helped a lot with drawing, now I simply don't feel it, it's like a guiding hand is lost.  Also my knowledge and ability to think have been blurred. It's like my higher sensen and spiritual feelings have been lost. I can still kind of remind myself of them by trying to remember how they felt but only for a very short while and they disappear.

What im suspecting is that my level of consciousness (vibration) dropped, or that some of my chakras closed.I also feel small and new ego-driven thoughts [(such as being slightly annoyed at someone, (before... this very rarely happened)]. What do you think, how do I go back to who I was in terms of my motivations, do I try and open my chakras and increase my consciousness. Thank you for taking your time to read this. Have a lovely day and a happy week :) !!!

Edited by Sharpadox

I am not a very passionate person in my feelings - for me the way that I "be" passionate is by my flow of energy and thought. if I am flowing, then I am "in the zone" and things that get me in the zone easier is what - after a few years of reflecting - I realized are my passions. my passions are not felt, but instead, done. So since discovering that I've been working to find ways to shift the way my thoughts and awareness and actions are - from the "lazy/unmotivated" state to the "doing/passionate" state - and for me, meditation helps, visualization helps, and saying things like "I am taking this over there" when the "stream" begins to stutter gets me back on track.

being in the moment, while also visualizing my plan, for me is a way to bolster passion with things that lack it, or during days where my mood is low. I also think that getting past that first unmotivated barrier for me makes a big difference. 

for you I do not know - I am me. maybe you are the same and it is a matter of training yourself to shift your mood from sleep mode to action mode. maybe it is different - but then my best advice is to listen to your body and be aware both when you are down and also when you are active. notice the differences and find ways to negotiate with yourself to encourage the right things to happen to switch those differences from low to energy. 

@Sharpadox This has been happening in the last couple of weeks? Maybe this is just a temporary shift that will pass soon? Maybe your intuition is trying to tell you to pause for a while with your art work, or knowledge-seeking inclinations, etc. and solve some small existential problems, confront certain emotions? What is really happening, ask yourself. 

@Sharpadox What I can see is that this happens when you get really deeper into self or the I. I believe this happens at the initial phase. With time this will pass.