Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Is bad to Cook with PLASTIC in the Microwave?

18 posts in this topic

I use the Microwave A LOT. 

I also eat almost daily 2 packs of pre-cooked rice. Its very easy way of eating rice. I just put the container in the Microwave (its made of plastic) + 3minutes fully potency, and ta-da.

I also usually get Brocolli on plastic, same procedure = Put It in the Microwave, full potency and the heat creates vapor inside the plastic bag which makes the broccoli Cooked. Ta-da. So easy and "apparently" healthy diet.

But Im concerned about the implications of the food being Cooked under the heat of the Microwave on a plastic container. 

Google it for literally 5 minutes. Not only can that release plastics but the microwave itself isn't good.

Yes

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Definitely

Use ceramic/porcelain

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just meal prep if you don't want to cook every day, much healthier than this pre-cooked stuff... And yes, don't use plastic for cooking. 

53 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

2.) Heating food up in a microvawe instead of, for example, oven

Wait. Am I missing something here? So you're saying that using the microwave to heat up any food is bad? Like are you saying that one should not even own a microwave?

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

1 hour ago, Migue Lonas said:

Wait. Am I missing something here? So you're saying that using the microwave to heat up any food is bad? Like are you saying that one should not even own a microwave?

I guess it's actually not super confirmed that it's bad. I thought it was just true, but it's controversial. 

1 hour ago, Migue Lonas said:

In Ayurveda, food cooked in a microwave is not considered sattvic. I'm not sure if there's actually any scientific literature to back up that microwaving is less healthy though. They also say things like you shouldn't eat leftovers, which rules out meal prep too. Or fruit that is either under or over-ripe... not sure if I've ever had the exactly perfect fruit lol.

In fact, microwaving can help keep more nutrients in tact:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/microwave-cooking-and-nutrition#:~:text=Some nutrients break down when,that break down when heated.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/ask-the-doctor-microwaves-impact-on-food

Focus on "good, better, best". It's better to do a little bit better than nothing at all. For most people, giving up a microwave is probably an unnecessary burden.

Edited by Yarco

I still wouldn't cook with it. Humans are pretty sick. Even cars release toxic chemicals. We consume pesticides like it's nothing. 

It's just troubling that sources have claimed that microwave cooking is dangerous. I don't understand radiation enough to speak about it.

But I remember some girl microwaved a turtle and it died. And it seems like eating is a transfer of something living, because you can't live off cardboard and newspapers or anything inanimate. So raw food seems the most vital. 

I don't know. If you're cooking, just cook something unadulterated.

31 minutes ago, Yarco said:

Focus on "good, better, best". It's better to do a little bit better than nothing at all.

This is true. 

2 hours ago, jake473 said:

But I remember some girl microwaved a turtle and it died. And it seems like eating is a transfer of something living, because you can't live off cardboard and newspapers or anything inanimate. So raw food seems the most vital. 

Turtles don't enjoy being in the oven or a pot of boiling water either my dude xD

I agree that raw food is probably the best way to go though (except in the case of turtles, they are covered in salmonella.) I've been trying to pay special attention to this when eating raw foods lately and I think there is something to it. Especially strawberries lately for some reason, I actually feel like I can taste "life force energy" when eating them, which sounds totally insane.

Yea it's really bad. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Done all the time, absolutely. I avoid putting plastic in the microwave at all costs. 

"You Create Magic" 

12 hours ago, jake473 said:

Google it for literally 5 minutes. Not only can that release plastics but the microwave itself isn't good.

Microwave - not even once.

Edit: But I'm basing this purely on me not trusting microwaves for some reason and I once saw a guy on youtube watering plants with microwaved and regular water. The microwaved one died in a short amount of time.

Edited by mojsterr

9 hours ago, Yarco said:

They also say things like you shouldn't eat leftovers, which rules out meal prep too. Or fruit that is either under or over-ripe... not sure if I've ever had the exactly perfect fruit lol.

Yeah, they say food loses it's pranic energy after 4 hours when cooked.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:14 PM, Knowledge Hoarder said:

The first sin is forgivable - the latter 2 are not.

10 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Ok, I was a bit too strict there - it's really just a personal superstition of mine.

Meh. You got me doing all sorts of deep research unnecessarily, trying to find results for what you are stating here. Please try to introspect and communicate more clearly.

Edited by Migue Lonas

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

On 16/03/2022 at 9:14 PM, Knowledge Hoarder said:

You have commited 3 sins here:

1.) Eating processed food, instead of making your own food

2.) Heating food up in a microvawe instead of, for example, oven

3.) Heating up food in a PLASTIC CONTAINERS

The first sin is forgivable - the latter 2 are not.

good stuff

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?