CuriousityIsKey

If one does not want to dream any more, how could one cease to exist?

41 posts in this topic

If one does not want to dream any more, how could one cease to exist?

I know that death is not option, because one will reincarnate back , so it's pointless for that.

But how can one then cease to exist? I think beings should have the choice if thr want to.

I find existence to overrated.

Edited by CuriousityIsKey

You will always exist. It's just a matter of: in what form?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You will always exist. It's just a matter of: in what form?

According to who? And who's will?

And why that will doesn't reapect my will?

If I find existence to be empty drama, based on attachments and repulsion, all sorts of duality games which I want to be no part of.

Why don't delete me from existence, I am even asking for that.

I'll pass on existence, because I don't want and need anything, nor forms and no attachments. Money, Beauty, fame, health, etc. No thank you, you can keep it yourself.

That's why it my utmost goal to get out of these endless dream machine  this amusement Park.

Objectively speaking existence is not better than no existence. 

It is peoples bias that is psekaing in them. People are attached to existence, and all sorts of objects in it  additonaly people are attached to their egos, minds, thoughts identities etc. Let's be honest if there were no attachments, nobody would be sad to cease to exist.

If you are tired of mental activity just meditate more. What you want is inner peace, becoming more conscious and clarity, not cessation.

You cannot stop existing. You are existence itself

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

If you stopped existing you would not experience anything, not even time passing.

So you cannot experience nonexistence.

But you can sleep a bit more for a couple of days if you want to recharge & start experimenting with different kinds of meditation, yoga etc

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

If are to be 100% honest, Is it merely a coincidence that declaring "you will always exist" any ego's wet dream?

It is plain to understand that it is ones attachments in life that makes one be afraid to lose it, yes or no?

Everything is possible, if I am existence, I should be able to turn myself off. Its as simple as that.

Existence can't be "turned off". You can turn off thoughts, which is what you're actually (and unknowingly) asking for here.

33 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

I find existence to be empty drama, based on attachments and repulsion, all sorts of duality games which I want to be no part of.

Perfect attitude to look for a beautiful beach, hang a hammock, and spend the rest of your life looking at the sea doing nothing except the essentials to eat

28 minutes ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

Everything is possible, if I am existence, I should be able to turn myself off. Its as simple as that.

The thing is that existence exist, out of the time, so it never began or will finish, since begin or finish are imaginary ideas. Seems mystery impossible to understand imo

All of the things you say, I already know it. I experienced those things.

However, the truth of the matter is that we are reality junkies, we are so attacked to our existence that we don't ever want to lose it.

To each their own, so I don't judge anyone if they want to.

But I'm trying to find out how can one hop off from the endless dream machine.

How can one cease to exist that's the question.

2 hours ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

I find existence to overrated.

The one who finds existence to be overrated will cease to exist, don't worry ;)

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Death, and hope that you reincarnate as an earthworm or a plant, something with sufficiently low intellectual capacity that you don't have to worry about these things. Specifically, I think some schools of thought believe that committing suicide will make you reincarnate as a lower lifeform instead of progressing upward or staying as a human.

Most of the things you seem to have a problem with are exclusively human in nature. Some animals still have to worry about social order, and you'll still have an interest in survival / self-preservation. But money, beauty, fame, drama, etc don't exist in nature.

There's an estimated 10 quintillion insects on Earth vs 8 billion people, the odds are in your favor.

1 hour ago, CuriousityIsKey said:

How can one cease to exist that's the question.

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

You can turn off thoughts, which is what you're actually (and unknowingly) asking for here.

@CuriousityIsKey Get these things out of your mind. You will never cease to exist. It is by defenition that reality is existence. So you have to choices:

1. Keep moaning about reality and resisting it.

2. Start flowing with reality and start loving it.

God designed this experiment so it has one eventual outcome which is realizing the Self. You're like a rat and God is trying to direct you in the right direction, You cannot escape unless you hear God's directions. You cannot just keep banging your head to the walls, and moaning about reality, you will just end up hurting yourself. Reality is a metaphysical prison, the only way out is through.

If your nature is infinite, and form is by definition limited, then you are formless.

So, even now you don’t exist as form.

Become conscious of who and what you are.

Edited by UnbornTao

From Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha written by Daniel Ingram:

”Fruition (phala in Pali) is the fruit of all the meditator’s hard work, the first attainment of ultimate reality, emptiness, nirvana, nibbana, ultimate potential, or whatever extrapolative and relatively inaccurate name you wish to call something utterly non-sensate. In this non-state, there is absolutely no time, no space, no reference point, no experience, no mind, no consciousness, no awareness, no background, no foreground, no nothingness, no somethingness, no body, no this, no that, no unity, no duality, and no anything else. “Reality” stops cold and then reappears.”

This is the closest thing to nonexistence you’ll ever be able to reach. The problem is, that not existing takes absolutely no time and happens in no place and there is no experience of such a thing, so there’s nothing to stop existence from being experienced again. Experience and existence are not things that stop existing. They are a self-containing whole with no opposite. What you have to realize is that nonexistence doesn’t exist by its own definition. For it to exist or in any way mingle with existence, it would be just another form of existence. 

If you wish to reach cessation/fruition, MCTB is probably one of the most useful guides to get you there outside of contact with a teacher who has reached it and helped others to also reach it. 

You can read MCTB for free here: https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/foreword-and-warning/

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

2 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

From Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha written by Daniel Ingram:

”Fruition (phala in Pali) is the fruit of all the meditator’s hard work, the first attainment of ultimate reality, emptiness, nirvana, nibbana, ultimate potential, or whatever extrapolative and relatively inaccurate name you wish to call something utterly non-sensate. In this non-state, there is absolutely no time, no space, no reference point, no experience, no mind, no consciousness, no awareness, no background, no foreground, no nothingness, no somethingness, no body, no this, no that, no unity, no duality, and no anything else. “Reality” stops cold and then reappears.”

This is the closest thing to nonexistence you’ll ever be able to reach. The problem is, that not existing takes absolutely no time and happens in no place and there is no experience of such a thing, so there’s nothing to stop existence from being experienced again. Experience and existence are not things that stop existing. They are a self-containing whole with no opposite. What you have to realize is that nonexistence doesn’t exist by its own definition. For it to exist or in any way mingle with existence, it would be just another form of existence. 

What's the relationship of non-existence and existence?

Edited by WelcometoReality

17 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

What the relationship of non-existence and existence?

I could talk about that for an hour easily, but here’s a good thing which encapsulates a lot of what I might say: 

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_truths_doctrine#Madhyamaka

“Nāgārjuna based his statement of the two truths on the Kaccāyanagotta Sutta. In the Kaccāyanagotta Sutta, the Buddha, speaking to the monk Kaccayana Gotta on the topic of right view, describes the middle Way between nihilsm and eternalism: 

By and large, Kaccayana, this world is supported by a polarity, that of existence and non-existence. But when one sees the origination of the world as it actually is with right discernment, "non-existence" with reference to the world does not occur to one. When one sees the cessation of the world as it actually is with right discernment, "existence" with reference to the world does not occur to one.[29]”

I would say that what is is neither existence nor nonexistence. Going through cessation showed me that whatever I am or this is transcends and includes both of these polarities.

In another sense, I would say that existence and nonexistence cannot have any true relationship. They can never touch one another to have a relationship. There can only be the appearance of a relationship from the perspective of experience/existence. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Existence is Absolute. It has no opposite.

You exist. Absolutely. The rest is mind games.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.