Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spence94

Dr. Gabor Mate Quotes on Trauma and Healing.

12 posts in this topic

"We were hurt in relationship, which means we are going to heal in relationship. Relationships can be the ground for healing when approached properly."

"All our dysfunctions. our relationship problems, the pain that we carry, the resentment that we harbor, the anger that we generate at our partners originates in early childhood trauma."

“Trauma isn't what happens to you, it is what happens inside you."

"We may not be responsible for the world that created our minds, but we can take responsibility for the mind with which we create our world."

"In the real world there is no nature vs nurture argument, only an infinitley complex and moment by moment interaction between genetic and environmental effects."

"I can pretty much tell you from the way they speak and feel about themselves and the health conditions they have, the type of childhood they had."

"Not why the addiction but why the pain."

"Collect them before you direct them"

"Autonomy is impossible as long as one is driven  by anything."

"No society can understand itself without looking at it's shadow side.”

“What we call the personality is often a jumble of genuine traits and adopted coping styles that do no reflect our true self at all but the lose of it."

"While nervous tension may be a component of stress, one can be stressed without feeling tension."

"'If i'm authentic, I won't be loved anymore. If i am not loved, I won't survive.' This is the source of all pathology whether  it's physical or mental."

"Addiction floods in where Self-knowledge and therefore divine knowledge- are missing. To fill the unendurable void, we become attached to things of the world that cannot possibly be compensate for the loss of who we are."

"Eveything that is 'wrong' with you began as a survival mechanism in childhood."

"It is impossible to understand addiction without asking what relief the addiction finds, or hopes to find, in the drug or addictive behaviour.”

I will be following this person, it seems he has a wealth of information. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Oh yeah I love Gabor Mate. Recommend all of his books. :x

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Just now, Spence94 said:

@Preety_India Highly reccomend his documentary movie " The Wisdom of Trauma."

Thank you. 

Gabor mates video on addiction is legendary.first time i saw this ,i cried

I love Mate too.

Was a route into depth psychology for me, alongside Peterson. 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Yeah, he gets it - when you really pay attention to your own inner workings, what he's saying becomes so obvious.

Thanks for sharing, guys. :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

13 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

Yeah, he gets it - when you really pay attention to your own inner workings, what he's saying becomes so obvious.

Thanks for sharing, guys. :) 

Why don't you start a journal? 

@Preety_India I'm not feeling very talkative at the moment, I'm currently processing some emotional/energetic issues so don't have the desire or energy for journalling. I've thought about it though, maybe I'll do it in the near future. :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts @Preety_India I might start a journal on this topic. I am currently doing life coaching and therapy and starting now will be moving into trauma and healing work, I am gathering resources to use along the way with this specific intention. I think I could start a Trauma Healing Journal and share some of the resources, contemplations and insights along the journey.

Thanks for the idea, you're obviously welcome to start your own journals on the topic. Be great to learn from eachothers healing journey. I think at this stage keeping a journal on this trauma healing journey might be very beneficial for me and hopefully be helpful for others to read too.

Edited by Spence94

@Spence94 I saw your thread, trauma's a big issue for a lot of people (myself included) so it's an excellent idea. :)