Husseinisdoingfine

United States Senate has passed legislation to set a permanent daylight savings time

11 posts in this topic

I hope it passes the house and is signed into law. I never liked having to change time. I mean I have like 8 watches alone. Not to mention a clock in every room, etc. Plus, I NEVER remember when it's time to jump forward or fall back. We should at least get to try it out for a 2 year trial.?

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 hours ago, Ananta said:

I hope it passes the house and is signed into law. I never liked having to change time. I mean I have like 8 watches alone. Not to mention a clock in every room, etc. Plus, I NEVER remember when it's time to jump forward or fall back. We should at least get to try it out for a 2 year trial.?

Well, Mitch McConnell and the Republicans in the senate wouldn't want to vote for it probably because they would perceive as another form of "government take over of everything!" The Republicans rather have a kind of "corporate takeover of everything!" and "rich takeover everything!" and "white protestant American men takeover of everything!” and “backwards religious takeover of everything!” And "dumb people take over everything!"

Edited by Hardkill

8 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Well, Mitch McConnell and the Republicans in the senate wouldn't want to vote for it probably because they would perceive as another form of "government take over of everything!" The Republicans rather have a kind of "corporate takeover of everything!" and "rich takeover everything!" and "white protestant American men takeover of everything!” and “backwards religious takeover of everything!” And "dumb people take over everything!"

Dude, we are talking about time change, it's not the end of the world either way.

Relax and maybe take a chill pill, seriously. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack if you keep getting worked up like this over every issue you feel is political.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

VICTORY!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There will always be that person every year each daylight savings time who shows up to work an hour late.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

There will always be that person every year each daylight savings time who shows up to work an hour late.

? That would be me if my husband didn't tell me about it!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Why tf would they make daylight savings permanent instead of just doing away with it?

I want to go back to God's time. Noon is when sun is directly overhead. 

If we're told that 1 PM is noon all year long, we're still living a lie. Just not one that changes twice a year.

In a totally artifical world with street lamps and where only 1% of people are farmers, do we really need to be saving daylight? Does it actually save daylight? Just wake up an hour earlier if you want, we don't have to artificially adjust the clocks to do that.

800px-%22Saving_Daylight%22_Set_the_cloc

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Well, I am not sure how much this is going to matter for our country and for the Democrats.

12 hours ago, Ananta said:

Dude, we are talking about time change, it's not the end of the world either way.

Relax and maybe take a chill pill, seriously. You're gonna give yourself a heart attack if you keep getting worked up like this over every issue you feel is political.

I wish I could. I wouldn't be so worried about politics if our country was much less polarized than it is now and if the Republican Party was much more principled like it was during the Eisenhower era. I would still take the 90s back if I could. The mid to late 1900s were much more like the good old days.

Edited by Hardkill

17 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

and for the Democrats.

You are part of the divide and therefore  part of the problem. Instead of wondering how it will effect people in general, you point out how it will effect the Democrats? I'm just getting really tired of this polital crap. Just sayin' 

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?