Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marinus

Peacefull State Of Being?

5 posts in this topic

Sometimes I have this peacefull state of being. It feels kind of weird though, like being under the influence of something (I only experienced half drunkenness). This state has a mental and physical effect, it is hard to explain. It feel like the state of deep meditation, while being physical awake and in motion. It is very nice to be in this state of being, but it seems to be random. Does anyone have a clue why this happens?

It could be anything, you will probably know the best what the cause is. All we can do is speculate.

On 1/21/2017 at 10:12 PM, Marinus said:

It is very nice to be in this state of being, but it seems to be random. Does anyone have a clue why this happens?

This is what meditation is all about. Meditation as a glimpse is a great beginning. The only purpose of meditation is that one gets a glimpse. Then one has to go ahead, into samadhi, into enlightenment.

@Marinus This happens a lot to me. But its so sporadic and temporary that I cannot hold on to it. But as u said, it feels really good. I think it is our mind expressing its deepest desire for some peace and it emerges when we are less conscious or less distracted or less focused. Its our mind going for a temporary short trip escaping the surrounding madness. Wish we could stay there longer. But when you are experiencing it you should hang in there. Its in these moments our deepest instincts emerge to the surface.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena I don't know about you, but I only have 7 months of daily meditation experience. It had me think that I might expect more on the long run, because 7 months is nothing compared to a life time. I only wonderd if this could have a negative effect if you are driving for example. Just before posting this I watched Leo's video about becoming a sage and he said that there are more states of conciousness than you can imagine, I am looking forward to that!