Tim R

Compassion & Duality of Self-Other

52 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tim R said:

What's your understanding of compassion? How important is it in your life?

Compassion to me is lending a helping hand. To meet the person where they're at, from their perspective.

To fail to do so is like reaching your hand but not far enough so that they can get a hold of it. It's a rigidity which stems from selfishness.

9 hours ago, Tim R said:

What's your understanding of compassion? How important is it in your life?

The more my awareness expanded I realized others were me. Increased compassion and love was the natural evolution of realizing this. 

9 hours ago, Tim R said:

After all, if others are illusory, why be compassionate? That's one of the big questions.

It depends of what your definition of illusory is. My direct experience has shown me everything is God/consciousness and has awareness. That is not my definition of illusory.

9 hours ago, Tim R said:

How compassionate are you? What would it mean if you're not compassionate? Because it seems to me that the opposite of compassion is selfishness, in whatever form it might manifest

I treat people the way I would want to be treated. I have reverence for life in all of it's different expressions. 

Edited by Matthew85

@Tim R if you were awoken to everyone is you, wouldn't you want the best for yourself? ^_^ 

the thing is with people who got this insight as a realization within themselves, the best thing to do either way is work hard on what it is you're attached to that prevents you from seeing that as a reality, day to day, it's not about helping others because that's some bullshit identity stuff, besides the insight its not yet the reality so it's really just meaningless. that is the most compassionate thing to do i think, to do the real work of detachment. naturally it comes to you to help 'others'

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Here it's not something that requires much thought.

When someone needs something that I can provide within reason, it's just natural to help. Feels instinctual.

I don't consider anything to be important because that insinuates there is a goal or purpose to existence.

Meaning, purpose and value are just concepts within the dream story of "I".

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Egodeathrow said:

@WelcometoReality wow you saying that really makes me realize how much I half ass my relationships

Yeah, I've done that myself many times. When they've needed me I've been there physically but I haven't given them them my presence and acknowledgement that they needed. I can see now that I always had a selfserving agenda that wanted closeness but at the same time keeping my distance in order to not get hurt. ?

In my children i see that when I give them love and presence they grow and develop and our relationship becomes so much more richer and intimate. The same with my wife. And as they grow and develop so do I. 

@VeganAwake the question is though, how far are you willing to go out of 'your' comfort zone to help others/yourself in need? ^_^ that's the true test right there, and then here comes a billion lies to bullshit yourself HAHA. it's how it is

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

8 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

@VeganAwake that's the true test right there

Then that's what's being experienced as a test there.

Those kinds of conditioned concepts and or qualities have nothing to do with the freedom I'm talking about.

Liberation from concepts and beliefs!

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake that is the very freedom that allows you to act in the framework of what you are, unconditional love. that is the whole point of liberation, it is not to sit around glorifying liberation to be constantly in flux with reality itself, the spread of unconditional love through involved action

2 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

@VeganAwake that is the very freedom that allows you to act in the framework of what you are, unconditional love. that is the whole point of liberation, it is not to sit around glorifying liberation to be constantly in flux with reality itself, the spread of unconditional love through involved action

It's freedom from the conditioned beliefs that liberation has framework or a point.

Freedom to sit around or involved action.

How could there be anything out of flux with reality?

Whatever is happening is reality which includes sitting around eating cookies or going out and helping society. 

❤ 

@VeganAwake  sure but you are out of alignment with the very nature of what you are. which is ever changing unconditional giving, that which gave rise to the fact you can even write such a message right now. the thing is, you wouldn't say you would eat a cookie sitting on the grass beside a starving child, yet it is happening all across the world you are just not confronted with it in your bubble of comfort, and you'd rather sit in that bubble than help ;p true? - pitfalls can occur even in the most beautiful wide open meadows 

4 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

@VeganAwake  sure but you are out of alignment with the very nature of what you are. which is ever changing unconditional giving, that which gave rise to the fact you can even write such a message right now. the thing is, you wouldn't say you would eat a cookie sitting on the grass beside a starving child, yet it is happening all across the world you are just not confronted with it in your bubble of comfort, and you'd rather sit in that bubble than help ;p true? - pitfalls can occur even in the most beautiful wide open meadows 

Then that's what's being experienced there.

Its whole, complete and perfect.

❤