Tim R

Compassion & Duality of Self-Other

52 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

can I do 'other than I want' if I want to? 

Another pointer to show it's all Selfish Love.  

Good one?? We always do what we want. Then the question becomes: what do I want? And why do I want, what I want?

@Tim R I must want THIS, otherwise I'd being doing something else. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

26 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Tim R

Selflessness is just overrated thing in relative sense,  

I would disagree with this because honest or sincere selflessness (not done for egpic purposes but true selflessness) towards others shall align you with your true nature and bring uou closer to awakening to yourself as God which is Selflessness, Love, and Pure Truth.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

Understand that even helping others is ultimately meant to give you happiness and if you wouldn't want to do that then you wouldn't do it. So only reason why people help "others" is, because they get something from it and it does not matter if it is money, respect, happiness or relief from not seeing suffering, because these all are just different motivators to help. So called true selflessness is not possible, because you always do that which you want.

Do you want to go to red or blue room?

Whatever you choose is that which you wanted and even if you tried to destroy the theory and choose that which you don't want then still that choosing was based on that you wanted to destroy the theory and there was that wanting.

Who told you that "others" are real?

3 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Inliytened1

Understand that even helping others is ultimately meant to give you happiness 

Then that's not true selflessness and I agree that would be what I was framing as for egoic purposes.   I'm not talking about that.   It is possible to be selfless or compassionate towards others with no agenda for yourself.  This is feasible.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1

When everything is "automatical" - and, because there is no one controlling anything - that can be the only time when there is true selflessness. If we don't talk about this automatical level then the act can't ever be selfless. What is reason to do anything and what drives your actions? That is want, want to do something. Without that you wouldn't do anything. And that want always serves you so it is imposible to be selfless while not being "automatical". Tell me one act that would be selfless without the process being "automatical".

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It is possible to be selfless or compassionate towards others with no agenda for yourself.  This is feasible.

How?  Can you do it without wanting to?

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

How?  Can you do it without wanting to?

Do you exist at all without wanting to?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

No.  I exist because I want to.  

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

No.  I exist because I want to.  

Lol.  Existence is prior to wanting.  So to answer your question it just happens.  Just as existence just is.  It doesn't come from a place of ego.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 it's a map.  Wanting (Love) and Existence are the same thing.   

Existence IS precisely because that's how it 'wants' to be.  There really is no 'existence that wants'.. that's duality. 

@Inliytened1

9 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Now you are sidetracking the question from what we were talking first. As I said we are not talking about this "automatical" process which is same which made this moment and the body, but we are talking about how ego can't ever be selfless and that is not possible unless ego "dies" and it is shown that everything is automatical. 

Show me one action that you could as ego do that would be selfless and I can point in every example you give the selfishness in it and that proves that you can't be truly selfless without "operating" from this "automatical" process. When we go to this "automatical" process we can't no longer use "I", because there is no one doing anything.

Edited by Kksd74628

@Inliytened1 do you know how rocks behave?  Exactly how they want to.  Now this 'wanting' isn't like the human emotion of desire, but using human language, we could say, 'an object in motion wants to remain in motion, and an object at rest wants to remain at rest' and this would be a useful analogy for describing the nature of reality. 

2 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Inliytened1

you can't be truly selfless without "operating" from this "automatical" process. When we go to this "automatical" process we can't no longer use "I", because there is no one doing anything.

Precisely!  But i would not frame it as automatic that is still the "I"   it is more the essence of Being itself

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Inliytened1 it's a map.  Wanting (Love) and Existence are the same thing.   

Existence IS precisely because that's how it 'wants' to be.  There really is no 'existence that wants'.. that's duality. 

Exactly -  so it is easier to say it just "Is" and selflessness, true selflessness, just IS.

@Kksd74628 i wasnt side tracking i was using it to make a point.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 there is never anyone 'doing anything'.. only being, even when 'thinking there's a doer of what's being done' is how it's being. 

@Inliytened1

There is nothing to be itself and the movie that is HERE and NOW is just free falling forever. But my original point where you disagreed was that selflessness is overrated, because it is imposible as long as there is sense of self, or sense of doership. If you want to be selfless it doesn't happen by changing from helping, because you want some money to wanting to help, because you want to be good person. I said it is overrated, because people really think that it is possible to act selflessly if you are good enough. You can only be selfless when you understand that there is no self.

There are many facets to Self-realization. The realization of oneness leads to Peace and unconditional love. God is infinitely loving. Your human form is imaginary too, don't you nurture it, take care of and love it unconditionally? ❤The same goes with the whole body of creation/dream. 

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

For example, I cannot have any negative/hateful feeling/emotion towards anything or anyone anymore, I am completely at peace within myself. Because I know. Once you know you know. You get purified from inside out.

It's natural

Awakened consciousness understands the mechanism of evil.

There is no selfish judgement anymore, how could it be, just pure understanding and overflowing selfless love. There is no way for The realized Self to have any crumb of negative feelings towards anyone or anything. Once the ego-mind is recognized for what it really is, there is no one left to get upset on anyone.

What is left is pure, unconditional, boundless, divine Love and understanding.

So much love that you feel as if you don't want to keep it just for yourself, but all is one, so you spread it everywhere you go, smiling to strangers, you spread your arms if you see someone falling and catch them no matter if they're homeless or 'bad people', you're hugging your buddies for no reason, offering gifts randomly, life becomes a happy, peaceful & cheerful show for the heart. ❤

You see everything and everyone like you 'perceive' your fingers. All of them are worthy of love. In case one of your fingers gets hurt you take care of it, you want it to heal as soon as possible. You love it with all your might. It's your creation. Not trash. Selfishness is the absence of love.

When you realize the Love that Self truly is, there is no turning back. You like seeing everyone happy. Happiness is a way of life, and true happiness is shared happiness which is God's love in full bloom, thriving as a whole.

All reality is one big soup of love *godding* It's way home, and home is where the heart is. Which is Love ?❤

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

@Tim R In the moment, I AM aware that ONE is suffering, therefore I AM loving awareness.