Consept

Sadhguru on Joe Rogan Experience

136 posts in this topic

This is the most open he has been on the subject in an interview.
Also He admits it is untrodden territory even for him:D

Sadguru Has definitely not awoken to the deeper insights of the universe, he is still so caught up in personal opinion that he doesn’t consider alternative perspectives… it’s clear to see when watching how he can’t directly answer a question as he doesn’t have the intrinsic understanding of the subject..

nother cult leader 

7 hours ago, fridjonk said:

How is nobody here talking about his contact with extraterrestrial life? 

I really think he goes way deeper than people give him credit for. 

You are right some think he is bullshitting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiIc-XUxcKE
Sadhguru on Hijab Controversy | Sadhguru

Sadhguru: Soil is very important plus when I was young I did not want my hair cut.

8 hours ago, fridjonk said:

How is nobody here talking about his contact with extraterrestrial life? 

I really think he goes way deeper than people give him credit for. 

I was pleasantly surprised about how much of his personal experience he shared. 

Very enjoyable podcast. 

4 hours ago, BetweenTwo said:

it’s clear to see when watching how he can’t directly answer a question as he doesn’t have the intrinsic understanding of the subject..

I'm sorry, not everything in life is Neil deGrasse Tysonable.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, BetweenTwo said:

it’s clear to see when watching how he can’t directly answer a question as he doesn’t have the intrinsic understanding of the subject..

Its not necessarily that 'he doesn't have the intrinsic understanding of the subject'. For example If you can't articulate enlightenment well, then it automatically means that you don't know what enlightenment is? 

We socially created these beliefs, and dynamics where we are attracted to people and believe people more if they are confident in what they are saying, and if they can reason well. Reasoning is mostly used in a social context, of course you can debate with yourself, but most of the time reasoning is used the defend ideas and ideologies. Just because you can reason well why materialism is true, that doesn not mean that it is the case. Being able to reason well doesn't necessarily  mean that you know what you are talking about. 

Just because you can't reason well or can't articulate something well, doesn't automatically mean that you don't know that particular thing.Especially if we are talking about intuitive knowing. Can you articulate me well, how color blue looks like if i have never seen it in my entire life? If you can't, does that automatically mean, that you don't know the concept of color blue?

Edited by zurew

17 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think most of the non-fan viewers stopped watching after the first hour of talking about soil. Sadhguru also has such a big audience that it will drown out any negative comments on the clip videos. Also, let's be frank, for the average Western viewer, it shouldn't be a surprise that he is into these things considering the way he looks and dresses. What will the headlines be? "BREAKING: Indian guru believes in mystical things." No, the push back will be from washed-up reactionary YouTubers that nobody cares about.

It is more heartbreaking: the push back is from washed-up reactionary Actualized Forum users that don't care about themselves.

I loved the interview. 

In particular I loved how Joe kept pressing him on the specifics of how to put a traumatized 30 year old on the right path. 

It's something I like about Joe. He's really not afraid to speak his mind and really push to get an answer.

I think it was like 3 attempts to get Sadghuru to answer the question I think they even started changing topics one time and he went back to it. 

And the aliens part was particularly fascinating to me. 

Not so much for what Sadghuru said, which in itself was really interesting, but the fact that you could tell Sadghuru was kind of uncomfortable with the topic.

I think he really contemplated at one point whether he should really answer the question or not.

I'm sure what was going through him mind was not wanting to come across as a psycho since he knew his experiences could easily be chastised. 

I've never seen Sadghuru like that, he typically always seems in control and well prepared for any answers. 

This was a curveball and I loved seeing it. 

And Joe, with his endless persistence, was able to obtain an answer from Sadghuru. 

Props to Sadghuru for saying what he said and props to Joe for being chill about it. 

I love love love that Sadghuru was on his podcast. The world absolutely needs this. 

Joe Rogan has such a huge platform, its so great that such consciousness can be transmitted to so many people. 

It's so important that Joe is interested in such topics.

It really bodes well for the world

7 minutes ago, a7xKingz said:

I loved the interview. 

In particular I loved how Joe kept pressing him on the specifics of how to put a traumatized 30 year old on the right path. 

It's something I like about Joe. He's really not afraid to speak his mind and really push to get an answer.

I think it was like 3 attempts to get Sadghuru to answer the question I think they even started changing topics one time and he went back to it.

Why didn't he answer it the first two times?

And did he give a concrete answer in the end?

2 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

Why didn't he answer it the first two times?

And did he give a concrete answer in the end?

Buy his 6500 dollar course.

Maybe he thought it would not come ideal to tell that specially
if Joe might drill deeper. I think Sad did not want to risk patronizing Joe like he does it with others 
like he did it with Wim Hoff.

54 minutes ago, Benton said:

That course is a whole ass retreat.

His inner engineering course is like 150 to do online.

You know why he asks for 6,5k?

Well in my opinion there're infinite degrees of awakening. You can trip all your life and only scratch the surface. Even if Sadhguru hasn't experienced  5-meo-DMT or DPT levels of consciousness that doesn't mean that he isn't awaken. He is definitely more conscious than an average person. Also his wrong social takes are just his wrong social takes. Growing up and waking up are different things and have different dynamic. There were awakened af zen masters who supported Japanese imperialism  during WWII (I'm not condoning an imperialism here, just saying)

On the whole very interesting podcast, too bad Rogan didn't ask him about DMT though lol

44 minutes ago, Porphyry Fedotov said:

There were awakened af zen masters who supported Japanese imperialism  during WWII (I'm not condoning an imperialism here, just saying)

What if some of the people who awaken and suddenly see how everything is a big game sometimes just say to them self "fuck it, since nothing really maters, I'm gonna play the bad guy this time, just for fun"

1 hour ago, mojsterr said:

What if some of the people who awaken and suddenly see how everything is a big game sometimes just say to them self "fuck it, since nothing really maters, I'm gonna play the bad guy this time, just for fun"

That's part of post awakening growth actually.  But eventually you know deep within that this is falsehood and you ultimately step in line with yourself and Truth.   God is Goodness but not for any reason as Goodness must be for itself and is prior to any egoic reason.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 15/03/2022 at 10:44 AM, Carl-Richard said:

I get strong transmission from him. I'm sure other people can confirm this.

Transmission? What do you mean by that?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

59 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Transmission? What do you mean by that?

When you listen to someone talk or even look at them, their state of consciousness is contagious, whether it's filled with negative or positive emotional content. This is how empathy works. Likewise, listening to an enlightened person tends to have a specific effect, and for me, I immediately get pulled into a meditative state. In fact, it's sometimes so strong that I have to stop watching, but that has to do with how I'm constantly living on the brink of persistent non-symbolic awareness and have done so for almost 2 years now after I gave up spiritual seeking, and it happens by itself if I relax for a while. I'm actively fighting it every day by intentionally comprimising my health just enough to stay "normal", because I fear death.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

49 minutes ago, Benton said:

@Epikur All of his courses are completely free in rural parts of India. 
It only costs so much for those who want ac.  He also runs a massive organization which takes money to run. If you volunteer you get access to a lot of the stuff for free as well. Many of the people who have paid for the courses have said that the Benefits are worth the money. Which just with inner engineering I can say is true for me.

What are your reasons for thinking he is a fake? 

I am not calling him fake that would be wrongspeak

I am just asking questions where his fanboys never give answers to it. Like in my other posts. Just check it.
Do you know what he said why that one course is 6,5k dollars?

Many times he does not answer direct questions. Many times he says the opposite of what he said another time.

https://www.ishaeducation.org/insight/about-insight-2/