somegirl

Is it actually possible to heal autoimmune deseases?

40 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, somegirl said:

I've heard of him. Though I didn't know Wim Hof method could actually positively affect the condition. They could like literally cure it? 

But yeah it feels true what you say about breathing and realigning with God, therefore healing occurs. 

This is why some people say that when you're feeling bad, it's because you're disconnected with God.  

The Wim Hof website only claims autoimmune symptom relief:

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/autoimmune-disease-relief

However, I feel they are trying to avoid claiming they can “cure” anything. Cure is a strong word. But the stories appear to be there if you do some digging.

Our paradigms for healing are very biased to our culture. That healing is ultimately a spiritual phenomena would not be controversial in many stage Purple, Red or even stage Blue cultures.

Of course, I still feel our stage Orange scientific methodology for healing has merit. Especially for people who heavily grew up with and believe in science. But I also believe that we’ve only just started to really understand how healing works, and it won’t be until modern science really opens up to spirituality that our collective understanding will grow.

Edited by aurum

6 hours ago, somegirl said:

So by his interpretation, what is he suggesting then to do about it? Because body attacks that "virus", but it seems like body itself actually suffers. Does he present a solution? 

Correct nutrition + supplementation.

Also avoiding foods such as milk, eggs, gluten, corn, fried foods, sugar, vegetable oils, etc...

He has programs for body cleansing with recipes.

He says another major cause of problems are heavy toxins, which you have to get rid of. The foods he lists take care of that too.

@Ananta wow, what a story.

I think I have also had success in other aspects of my life where I ignored something and it went away. 

I don't know how smart it is though. It's very risky to do that. I think in some cases you can do it and it becomes success, but in other cases it can lead to nasty things. I mean people have been saying for years that you cannot sweep your problems under the rug because it will come and bite you sooner or later.

So I don't know. I don't know when one would use this method and when not. 

2 hours ago, AMTO said:

@Ananta This is exactly what Neville Goddard teaches. To ignore your undesired reality. 

Hm, interesting, I never heard of him.

2 hours ago, somegirl said:

So, I had tried to manage the disease by doing what the doctors had said, mainly by taking painful intramuscular inj several times a week back then and they were very expensive and made me sick. My insurance didn't pay the whole cost. My monthly cost was as if I had a pricy car payment. 

Anyways, I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Got really sick of ppl always asking me about it. Sending me self help books on it. Lecturing me to change my diet. Lecturing me period. Tired of the yearly brain MRI's, tired of it all. 

So, one day I decided I was no longer going to take medication for it, talk about it, think about it or let anyone around me talk about it.

So, that's my story and yes, it's crazy that it worked. 

Edited by Ananta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Auto-immune is a misunderstanding, the body never actually attacks itself. 

Entertaining thoughts that don't resonate and are felt in the body as suffering, stress but continuing to believe and hold these thoughts is what inhibits the immune system. Also because like attracts like, sometimes people reach for unhealthy habits to feel better, also not realizing that the dropping of the thoughts is the relief not the gain of a temporary distraction. 

@Ananta Incredible. ❤

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

52 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Auto-immune is a misunderstanding, the body never actually attacks itself.

Um, I don't agree. Maybe Im misunderstanding you? The immune system does mistakenly attack the the myelin sheath in the brain and spinal cord in M.S. when it's active.

When I had my first attack they tested my spinal fluid and it had a very high white cell count (T-cells). Which is one of the diagnostic tests for M.S.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17248-multiple-sclerosis#:~:text=Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an,the brain and spinal cord.

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Incredible. ❤

I agree, truly ? 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta I believe that the auto-immune theory is based on a dualistic understanding, and in reality there isn't one thing that can attack itself as if there were two. Which is why I have also often experienced in less dramatic ways than you have that simply dropping thoughts about me and my disease can be very healing. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, Ananta said:

Hm, interesting, I never heard of him.

Listen to his lectures on YT, there's something about him.

1 hour ago, mojsterr said:

Listen to his lectures on YT, there's something about him.

Will do! ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@somegirl you're welcome ?

7 hours ago, somegirl said:

I think what @Ananta shared has to do with "your energy follows your attention".

It is actually a common theme in many of the recovery stories I mentioned that people who recovered stopped focussing on their illness or managed to abandon their "illness identity".

When you are sick, your illness becomes a new source of stress, emotional suffering and pain. This further weakens your body, especially the immune system.

When people manage to forget about the illness and to enjoy life again as much as still possible in spite of the illness, while also overcoming other major stressors (past traumas) this might enable the body's self healing capacities sufficiently to reverse the illness.

Remember that the body is a self healing "machine". It always tries to re-establish perfect health (homeostasis). 

So one might want to wonder "how do I get out of the way of my body so it can heal itself again?". Apparently forgetting about the illness has this effect for some people.

1 hour ago, Federico del pueblo said:

@somegirl you're welcome ?

I think what @Ananta shared has to do with "your energy follows your attention".

It is actually a common theme in many of the recovery stories I mentioned that people who recovered stopped focussing on their illness or managed to abandon their "illness identity".

When you are sick, your illness becomes a new source of stress, emotional suffering and pain. This further weakens your body, especially the immune system.

When people manage to forget about the illness and to enjoy life again as much as still possible in spite of the illness, while also overcoming other major stressors (past traumas) this might enable the body's self healing capacities sufficiently to reverse the illness.

Remember that the body is a self healing "machine". It always tries to re-establish perfect health (homeostasis). 

So one might want to wonder "how do I get out of the way of my body so it can heal itself again?". Apparently forgetting about the illness has this effect for some people.

Dr. Joe Dispenza would be pleased. This is basically what he teaches.

The disease is part of an old identity. Release the old identity, release the disease. Identity is formed through experiences attached with emotions. Change your emotions, you change your identity, you change your health.

6 minutes ago, aurum said:

The disease is part of an old identity.

So, since I wasn't taking the injections anymore, or talking about it or letting really anyone else talk about it. I made the conscious decision to get off disability insurance at all cost and go to college for nursing no matter what anyone said about it and trust me they said a lot. Lol 

I even went to class a few times with an IV catheter in my hand (days of high dose steriods), walking with ataxia and having slurred speech (basically I looked drunk), but that was early on and never happened again once I started the nursing program, as I got adjusted to my new life.

Focus and attention stayed on my new huge goal, I never looked back and 4 years later I was an RN. I've never needed high dose steriods again. ? ??

Ps, I only share this, occasionally, because maybe someone reading this that needs to hear it. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Don't know about others, I was doing pretty well/getting better for awhile until a recent visit to my parents'. It's like a memory the body keeps or something. Even though I've moved on and consider myself 90% healed psychologically, the long term health effects are still there and has been debilitating at times. Hope one day I can get to the point where the body can be at its optimal again. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

57 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Ps, I only share this, occasionally, because maybe someone reading this that needs to hear it. 

Yes thank you for sharing. Your story is healing just to hear as it challenges traditional beliefs around how healing happens. You didn’t try to fix the illness. You didn’t try to find the cause. You didn’t “do” anything. As far as I can tell, you simply gave your attention to and chose a new reality.

1 minute ago, aurum said:

Yes thank you for sharing.

Your welcome ? ? 

2 minutes ago, aurum said:

As far as I can tell, you simply gave your attention to and chose a new reality.

True! The other reality was full of suffering that I was no longer willing to accept! ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, aurum said:

Yes. This is where I got this from ? I've read all of his books. I think he's a great teacher.

On 15.3.2022 at 11:09 PM, Federico del pueblo said:

Well put, my friend. And as I am reading here I see many great insights about health. 

Fuck yes the body is a healing machine!! We heal by ourselves if we dont somehow shoot ourselves in the foot by eating terrible food, adding stress or creating some stupid victim I am sick and unhealthy boo hoo mentality. 

You can think yourself sick, by stressing and creating the identity of being sick! 

And on the flip side you can think yourself healthy just by believing that you are healthy, or simply that you are healing each day. 

If anyone here struggles to believe that, got to Joe Dispenza's youtube channel and look at the testimonials there. People are healthy left and right from the worst fucking health conditions and depressions imaginable. These people shifted their identity, became someone else entirely and started loving their lives! All by focusing on the life they wanted to create. Grounded in gratitude, love for life and elevated emotions. 

On 16.3.2022 at 0:56 AM, aurum said:

The disease is part of an old identity. Release the old identity, release the disease. Identity is formed through experiences attached with emotions. Change your emotions, you change your identity, you change your health.

If we're going to create these egos and identities, we might as well choose to be happy and healthy