Leo Gura

Psychedelics Vs Meditation Research

37 posts in this topic

@Tronds World you can find psilocybin alcohol extract in certain places on the internet (note: where on the internet will not be discussed here). Start with 1 capsule, then work your way up till you get a breakthrough experience - which could actually happen on the first try. Don't do normal mushrooms, the trip is too dirty, a really clean trip will make growth easier.

After you're done with mushrooms, do the real deal: 5-MeO-DMT, good stuff.

I encourage you to re-watch Leo's video on "How to use psychedelics for personal development." And go to erowid.org to find trip reports.

14 minutes ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

@Tronds World you can find psilocybin alcohol extract in certain places on the internet (note: where on the internet will not be discussed here). Start with 1 capsule, then work your way up till you get a breakthrough experience - which could actually happen on the first try. Don't do normal mushrooms, the trip is too dirty, a really clean trip will make growth easier.

After you're done with mushrooms, do the real deal: 5-MeO-DMT, good stuff.

I encourage you to re-watch Leo's video on "How to use psychedelics for personal development." And go to erowid.org to find trip reports.

Thanks for replying :) Psilocybin was kinda what I was thinking of myself. Didn't know about that alcohol extract though. Interesting that you say go straight to 5-MeO after mushrooms. So, don't bother with "going up the pyramid" to like, LSD, DMT etc? Just increasing the dosage of that mushroom extract should be enough? I like that 

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

Don't underestimate mushrooms. They can kick your ass harder than any other substance.

There's nothing inherently "newbie" about mushrooms, especially at higher doses.

Any psychedelic can hand you your ass. And if you do enough of them, it's pretty much gonna happen. So best to treat them with respect and go in very humble. Or they will humble you like you've never been humbled before.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Agreed. I would suggest doing some research on 'set & setting', as well as being extremely cautious when experimenting with magic mushrooms. I have experience with shrooms & LSD & MDMA over the years.

Perception is reality, and psilocybin mushrooms will warp, bend & melt it for you real good. Do your research, talk to friends that may have indulged, do the set & setting thing right, and start with low doses. 

Experimenting with mushrooms, etc., can be one of the most profound, wonderful experiences of your life, but you'll hear many reports from experienced users about some nervousness & trepidation before ingesting psilocybin mushrooms. There's a reason for that. It's not a light experience. It's heavy!! 

4 hours ago, Tronds World said:

Want to start experimenting with psychedelics. Only used weed for a while, but not for like 1 month or so. Doesn't really appeal to me for this work. Any recommendations as to what to start with and dosages? 

Thanks for any advice :) 

1,5-2 grams of mushrooms

3 hours ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

Don't do normal mushrooms, the trip is too dirty

Is this your experience? Can you clarify please? I question this as I dont like to see the spread of false information. Personally, Ive never had extract so I guess that I am unaware of a "dirty" trip.

I agree with the aforementioned statements about shrooms and psychedelics in general from my recent direct experiences.

I too had never done any psychedelics nor other drugs (once weed but that doesnt count as a full experience) since I first watched Leo's video on Experiencing God on 5Meo. It really inspired me to do research and i delved head on into the field. Thanks to my openmindedness and willingness to take risks I managed to source all the most important substances for myself.

I dont feel the need to go into the details but I have to say that my first experiences with psychotropics have been very humbling. I experimented with liquid shrooms several times with 1 vial (2g dried) and once 2 vials and let me tell you I have been blown away. I havent experienced the so called breakthrough but still I have had both amazingly wonderful and awfully terrifying trips.

In the most recent and consequently last one the 1 vial really hit me hard, I did it alone in my apartment as usual with calming music (Vivaldi 4 seasons) and presumably good set and setting but still.... In the latter part of the trip I literally thought I was going insane and was going to remain insane for my whole life. I have an intelligent mind (graduated with honors from university) and I thought I had lost it for good. I was on the verge of calling the ambulance or my parents but was too scared because of them discovering the drugs. I had the overwhelming need to throw all my substances away but luckily they were in the basement. My paranoid mind thought that I had been tricked by a cunning devil (Leo) to get into drugs and now I was trapped between dimensions and became schizoprenic (No history of that in my family).

I had researched alot, I knew the substance is very safe, I even knew of reports of the same phenomenon but still my mind literally thought it was going crazy...the worst feeling in my life. When I finally "came down" to the normal reality I was so terrified and went around the apartment mumbling apologies (to my mind?) and swaring I would never do them again or if I do, I am going to give them tremendous respect. 

What did I learn from these experiences? I need to work on my fears and start taking spiritual practices seriously. If you want results, do the work. Be grateful for your life, be happy in this reality and everyday consciousness. Respect the "other" realms, the spiritual world or different dimensions because they exist aswell.

9 hours ago, DJ said:

Is this your experience? Can you clarify please? I question this as I dont like to see the spread of false information. Personally, Ive never had extract so I guess that I am unaware of a "dirty" trip.

I've actually never done psychedelics before, just repeating what Leo and Azrael have been telling people on this forum. But, from what I understand, nausea is removed. And, since that's gone, you can focus all your attention on the good stuff.

My research on the subject has led me to believe that there are plenty of methods you can use to remove nausea, e.g. making mushroom tea with ginger. But, I guess the most effective method still is alcohol extract (even though I wouldn't know).

@ZeN It's funny how my last mushroom trip was very similar to yours. Although I didn't tell myself I was never doing them again. Like 20 minutes into the trip I immediately realized this was gonna be an asskicking for my prior arrogance. So I went with it, and got my ass kicked.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@ZeN @Leo Gura I had a similar experience when I had my first trip, which was also kind of my first bad trip, but this trip was on weed. Don't get me wrong I'm not a pothead and for personal development I would clearly recommend shrooms. But this experience was my first ever psychedelic experience and I thought I could never ever think again. My thinking was almost exclusively associative and unstructured. By that time I have been stuck in my head a lot, always thinking about the future, creating plans to get some decent life, and trying to develop a big picture, and now I was afraid I had lost it all, my ability to create this life. Referring to Leo's experience, putting this in perspective it almost feels like this has also been a lesson I've been taught, since my plans and dreams were quite egocentric, lol.

This experience was over a year ago and recently I tried the shrooms. I wanted to make sure I would not end up in a bad trip, so I convinced myself I had to meditate at least 3 months, before trying shrooms. Done that, ordered and tried the shrooms and, well, this opened my mind so much, I couldn't even imagine. After the first visuals, I have been overwhelmed by the sound of the wind. It was so calming and beautiful, but almost immediately after that I have been stuck in my head. I was just afraid of everything, my whole body was shaking and sweating. I have very bad self esteem and often ask myself wether I am intelligent enough to pursue my current carreer (Studying business informatics), so this doubts have been in my head quite a while, but then I had so many insights popping up, showing me that I don't have to be afraid and that it's all ok, I actually touched my forearm and told myself that I don't have to be so afraid. These insights also answered another question of mine, referring my doubtfulness about everything and about the self actualization/enlightenment path. I actually talked to myself telling, yeah this is the right path, I knew you hadn't bought in yet, but this is it. It was EXACTLY like Leo said, before this experience my meditation habit was not as solid as it  had to be. I have been encouraged so much about this journey that immediately in this very moment I felt so free, a feeling I never had before. This has been such an awe-inspiring experience that my mouth was open quite some time and I just thought, Life is just beautiful.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

21 hours ago, ZeN said:

I agree with the aforementioned statements about shrooms and psychedelics in general from my recent direct experiences.

I too had never done any psychedelics nor other drugs (once weed but that doesnt count as a full experience) since I first watched Leo's video on Experiencing God on 5Meo. It really inspired me to do research and i delved head on into the field. Thanks to my openmindedness and willingness to take risks I managed to source all the most important substances for myself.

I dont feel the need to go into the details but I have to say that my first experiences with psychotropics have been very humbling. I experimented with liquid shrooms several times with 1 vial (2g dried) and once 2 vials and let me tell you I have been blown away. I havent experienced the so called breakthrough but still I have had both amazingly wonderful and awfully terrifying trips.

In the most recent and consequently last one the 1 vial really hit me hard, I did it alone in my apartment as usual with calming music (Vivaldi 4 seasons) and presumably good set and setting but still.... In the latter part of the trip I literally thought I was going insane and was going to remain insane for my whole life. I have an intelligent mind (graduated with honors from university) and I thought I had lost it for good. I was on the verge of calling the ambulance or my parents but was too scared because of them discovering the drugs. I had the overwhelming need to throw all my substances away but luckily they were in the basement. My paranoid mind thought that I had been tricked by a cunning devil (Leo) to get into drugs and now I was trapped between dimensions and became schizoprenic (No history of that in my family).

I had researched alot, I knew the substance is very safe, I even knew of reports of the same phenomenon but still my mind literally thought it was going crazy...the worst feeling in my life. When I finally "came down" to the normal reality I was so terrified and went around the apartment mumbling apologies (to my mind?) and swaring I would never do them again or if I do, I am going to give them tremendous respect. 

What did I learn from these experiences? I need to work on my fears and start taking spiritual practices seriously. If you want results, do the work. Be grateful for your life, be happy in this reality and everyday consciousness. Respect the "other" realms, the spiritual world or different dimensions because they exist aswell.

Yeah well shrooms can humble your mind:) 

Why apologize to yourself? Done is done. You couldn't handle it properly, but at least the shrooms showed you that: That you have fears of losing sanity...fear of losing your superior logical rational mind. Your mind value itself very highly.. "(I have an intelligent mind)" .. - see, that might be the problem exactly here. I'm not saying you're not intelligent, but if you go around and believe to be smarter and more intelligent than the average joe on the street, then shrooms will kick your ass for your ignorance:) 

You weren't at peace with yourself / reality / the present moment enough to just surrender to the experience. So you fighted against it, which is a natural thing to do, but also the worst thing to do. You felt your mind slowly drifting away, but you hold on to it like a 6 year old kid holds on to a helium balloon that wants to drift away. Next time try to give in to the experience, don't fight it. It may be terrifying at first to let go, because it can feel like dying, but when you first have let go, the most beauitful thing may appear. Yet, if you only try to let go because of your expectations of what comes after, then that won't do it either. It's all about accepting reality 100% and having blind faith in what's beyond you own little self...surrendering to the universe completely.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean Thank you for that response, I agree with everything you said. I think it helps alot to get an outside perspective for our experiences because we tend to not see our own fears very clearly. From what Ive researched, its exactly how psychedelics work, they amplify your current state of mind and bring out your weakpoints. Its a good example of how a difficult experience can teach us alot if only we would have the eyes and ears to see and listen...

11 hours ago, ZeN said:

"From what Ive researched, its exactly how psychedelics work, they amplify your current state of mind and bring out your weakpoints. Its a good example of how a difficult experience can teach us alot if only we would have the eyes and ears to see and listen..."

Exactly!

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

I took lsd for the first time last weekend.

I started to think some chemistry shit and how we can cure aids. Didnt saw that coming..

the funny thing is im the worst chemistry student ever so i probably didnt come up with a cure :)

@Richard Alpert So I've been clearing out a lot of emotions in my root chakra, and I started puking a lot today. Remembered Martin Ball :D.

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Nothing against psychedelics and stuff but hey, when you can have this kind of state for free, without anything someone could take away from you and have it anytime you want because you can set the DMT chemical by yourself... I know what I choose...

Check Wim Hof!

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."