Julian gabriel

Why are we all obsessed with Solipsism?

18 posts in this topic

Is it because we're all lonely deep down? and we're obsessed with it because its so relevant to what we fear?

Maybe loneliness is the ultimate thing to overcome in this, because its the craving for duality between self and other and once that duality no longer exists then the self can't exist so ur done game over ur whatever u wanna be god mode activated goodnight bye bye. 

Why are we also obsessed with it? why does solipsism so efficiently cut through the bullshit of the illusion? 

Does the mind hide its power from itself primarily by imagining that there are others? and partially identifying with them but having them as friends and lovers and seeing similarities between you and them?

A similarity is a connection then a connection is a way for the power to be transferred to the other, sorta offloaded onto them to save for later instead of confronting it now. 

6 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

Is it because we're all lonely deep down? and we're obsessed with it because its so relevant to what we fear?

Go on. 

6 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

Why are we also obsessed with it? why does solipsism so efficiently cut through the bullshit of the illusion? 

Why are you obsessed with it? Why do you dream of other people being obsessed with solipsism? You already know the answer. The illusion is other. Your very ego is constructed and heavily dependent on a sense of other. Now that other is deconstructed, your ego is also deconstructed.

There are no others who are obsessed. 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

Who is “we”?

In my own investigations, reading philosophical doctrines has been fascinating, most of the time.

But there’s a tendency of taking on these inventions as true, especially if they come from a respected source. Resisting that impulse is essential in order to keep an open investigation.

What is any philosophy, in the end? A belief system. 

Seems like you believe in solipsism and are extrapolating based on that.

Solipsism is like saying. Why is rock music the best music there is?? Why is not hiphop as good? Did I create hiphop in my mind, just so rock music can be the best there is??

Solipsism require belief, but belief doesn't require solipsism.

solipsism is the crossroads of philosophy and spirituality the mental and the mystical awakening 101

the dividing point

from which the crowd dare go no further

8 hours ago, Julian gabriel said:

Is it because we're all  I'm lonely deep down? and we're I am obsessed with it because its so relevant to what we fear?

Making like a proper solipsist.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

I still can't wrap my mind about this.

There is something so fundamentally wrong with logging onto this forum and seeing other people realize that other conscious minds are not real. According to metaphysical solipsists, ego-theists', in theory and practice, no two solipsists sitting in a room can agree to solipsism, as in theory, only one of them is generating reality. 

Like this one guy apparently awakened to solipsism:

And then this guy apparently did!

And they only discovered this because LEO discovered that HE was the only conscious mind in existence.

What? Wait, this makes no sense. Which one of you three is generating reality?

Honestly, what the hell is this forum? One post is someone realizing that only he is generating reality after ingesting illegal drugs, only for someone else to post the same thing. So which one of you two is generating reality? Then the next post is someone, usually Leo, bragging about fucking some floosey at the club. Then its' calling other people ''stage orange''. Then it's someone posting on the forum about how they want to kill themselves. Then, rarely, someone actually killing themselves. Even the blog is fucked up. One day he's kissing random girls at a club and at a house party, then the next day he's giving his followers and existential crisis and says how he doesn't care if you kill yourself. And this is all just me divinely imagining this for my entertainment?

What is this place? This is the most bizarre spiritual school I have every encountered. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Let's be clear here, the real reason why we're obsessed with solipsism is because Leo hasn't uploaded a new episode yet. Luckily for us, he just announced it's coming today so looking forward to the obsessive discussion about that until the next next episode ??

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

46 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I still can't wrap my mind about this.

There is something so fundamentally wrong with logging onto this forum and seeing other people realize that other conscious minds are not real. According to metaphysical solipsists, ego-theists', in theory and practice, no two solipsists sitting in a room can agree to solipsism, as in theory, only one of them is generating reality. 

Like this one guy apparently awakened to solipsism:

And then this guy apparently did!

And they only discovered this because LEO discovered that HE was the only conscious mind in existence.

What? Wait, this makes no sense. Which one of you three is generating reality?

Honestly, what the hell is this forum? One post is someone realizing that only he is generating reality after ingesting illegal drugs, only for someone else to post the same thing. So which one of you two is generating reality? Then the next post is someone, usually Leo, bragging about fucking some floosey at the club. Then its' calling other people ''stage orange''. Then it's someone posting on the forum about how they want to kill themselves. Then, rarely, someone actually killing themselves. Even the blog is fucked up. One day he's kissing random girls at a club and at a house party, then the next day he's giving his followers and existential crisis and says how he doesn't care if you kill yourself. And this is all just me divinely imagining this for my entertainment?

What is this place? This is the most bizarre spiritual school I have every encountered. 

Isn't it quite obvious that they're full of shit?

Solipsism is not truth. Obviously. Obviously.

Though @Forza21has since realized that he was mistaken... good for him.

Edited by Gili Trawangan

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

1 hour ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Isn't it quite obvious that they're full of shit?

Solipsism is not truth. Obviously. Obviously.

Though @Forza21has since realized that he was mistaken... good for him.

I still suffer a little bit of it... the way its communicated on this forum, seems so off, and wrong... i would be super careful what you're getting into when stepping here... 

Edited by Forza21

@Husseinisdoingfine This is exactly why teachers like Rupert Spira reject solipsism, because people misunderstand it. It's generally a really bad pointer. It's also so ridiculously ironic that people have lately started shitting on the lessons of Neo-Advaita, because it's exactly what is needed to not misunderstand absolute solipsism. You are not your body-mind. You are infinite consciousness imagining body-minds. Infinite consciousness is alone, because there is nothing outside of infinity.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

We're obsessed with it because it's not talked about and the sudden realization that other people are just products of your mind hits hard.

What makes it different from other big realizations is that it's obvious once it clicks, and can't be argued against as it's a fact.  You can only experience what your mind offers you, and absolutely nothing else.  

On 3/14/2022 at 10:52 AM, Carl-Richard said:

@Husseinisdoingfine This is exactly why teachers like Rupert Spira reject solipsism, because people misunderstand it. It's generally a really bad pointer. It's also so ridiculously ironic that people have lately started shitting on the lessons of Neo-Advaita, because it's exactly what is needed to not misunderstand absolute solipsism. You are not your body-mind. You are infinite consciousness imagining body-minds. Infinite consciousness is alone, because there is nothing outside of infinity.

From the perspective of Awareness he agrees with everything you said there. I think it's a bit silly to imply that Rupert is somehow missing something, as many have said here.

On 14.3.2022 at 10:52 AM, Carl-Richard said:

But in the relative world, you as a human have sensation AND ALSO your mother has its own. No?

What do you think?

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!