Guest Nazar

Reality Vs Nonreality

20 posts in this topic

Is there a specific system or process to determine reality and nonreality? What is that system or process? In today's wordy world full of misconceptions, false assumptions, and opinions how can I keep my mind from from believing lies both consciously and subconsciously?

Any recommended reads? I'm asking this because I fell into anxiety because I believed something false subconsciously. Basically I believed something false without deciding to believe it and it plunged me into deep mental anxiety. It then paralyzed me from taking action and I spent a couple days lying around confused as hell. Its sickening because I perceived it to be false but I couldn't manage to  escape and to prevent myself from believing it. It drained me, I feel like I was just jumped by a lie. 

Its crazy because I knew there were ways to get out of this mental cell but I refused to do it out of laziness although I wanted out at the he same time. Talk about neurotic and insane.

Edited by Nazar

Everything in your head, is in your head. So........ Everything you think is nonreality. 9_9

The concept of "reality" is man-made, i.e. artificial. Its totally dependent on how you choose to define this word.

Stuff which conforms to your definition is real, which does not is unreal. It is simple and arbitrary.

So what is real? Nothing is, and everything is.... Confused? :D

From a human perspective, we have 7.5 billion realities at the moment.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

When you say that no thing is real are you saying that is a reality?

Again Bob84 when you make that statement about everything in my head haven't you already discredited your own statement? Your statement isn't true.

8 minutes ago, Nazar said:

When you say that no thing is real are you saying that is a reality?

No, I'm saying it makes no sense to add the word "real" to anything. However, we can use this word for everyday ordinary things, , but it cannot be used in any strict sense.

For example,  "movies are not real" this is true provided you define real as not a work based on fiction. If you define real as something that exists or can be seen, then the statement "movies are real" is true, because obviously they exist and can be seen. So is a movie real or unreal? Both, your concept of real defines it.

When applied in metaphysical or philosophical sense, this word loses most of its meaning, because each person starts defining it in their own way. I like the advice of Tom Campbell in this regard, which is - do not worry about the reality of an experience, whether ordinary or extraordinary/paranormal, reality cannot be a good criteria here, instead judge the experience by how useful it is. If it is useful, of some value, gets rid of your beliefs, ignorance and imparts useful knowledge, then it is acceptable whatever it is.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

@Nazar Let me do my best to provide you some clarity by making the following points:

1. There is only a single Ultimate Reality (i.e. God, Consciousness). Everything else is a manifestation of Ultimate Reality (i.e. humans, trees, animals, etc.). Therefore everything that we see in the physical world can be considered non-reality because there is something more real underlying it.
  2. All thoughts can be considered unreal. Thoughts are only a mental representation of something else. For example, a thought of a tree isn't actually a tree.
  3. All beliefs or assumptions that people hold in their minds are unreal. Remember humans are a manifestation of Ultimate Reality. Therefore any belief that we hold in our human mind is even farther removed from Ultimate Reality.

On 1/22/2017 at 3:36 PM, Aware said:

@Nazar Thinking not; about oneness, thinking not; about separation.

That, is reality.

no idea what you are trying to say.

On 1/22/2017 at 0:34 PM, Bodhi123 said:

@Nazar Let me do my best to provide you some clarity by making the following points:

1. There is only a single Ultimate Reality (i.e. God, Consciousness). Everything else is a manifestation of Ultimate Reality (i.e. humans, trees, animals, etc.). Therefore everything that we see in the physical world can be considered non-reality because there is something more real underlying it.
  2. All thoughts can be considered unreal. Thoughts are only a mental representation of something else. For example, a thought of a tree isn't actually a tree.
  3. All beliefs or assumptions that people hold in their minds are unreal. Remember humans are a manifestation of Ultimate Reality. Therefore any belief that we hold in our human mind is even farther removed from Ultimate Reality.

1.You don't sound right, Creation is just as real as God its just that one exists as the eternal creator and the other as the temporary creation, unless of course the Creator decided to create an eternal creation. this makes sense. To consider humans, trees, animals, etc. as non-reality is an absurdity, its nonsense. what you said does not make sense. 

(1.) The creation and creator are equally a reality.

2.I think you mean to say untrue or not in accordance with reality. Yes thoughts can be either true or untrue. Of course the thought (mental representation) of the tree exists but it is certainly not the literal object it represents. Who ever said that the thought of the tree is the literal tree(this would be an untrue thought that exists)? Thoughts or mental representations exist as exactly what they are thoughts or mental representations in the mind. 

(2.) Thoughts( mental representations of things) are indeed real.

3. Again I think what you mean to say is untrue, which is to say "not in accordance with reality". But thoughts and beliefs do certainly indeed exist whether they are out of line with reality or in line with it. When you say "Therefore any belief that we hold in our human mind is even farther removed from Ultimate Reality." what do you mean exactly by "farther removed from God"? Are you saying a human being can't have thoughts or beliefs that are "closely joined" to God. Both false and true ideas exist. Ideas that represent reality are true and one with ultimate reality whereas ideas that don't match up with reality are false and not one with ultimate reality, but both are real or existent. 

(3.) The human mind can be closely joined to or one with ultimate reality.

So i figured it out, I got sick with the flu and had a terrible headache that was more like a major schizophrenic period. I was being confused by Hindu belief systems that i had exposed myself to in the past from Gurus(which call themselves God kinda like Leo) and psychedelic drugs. I still believed i was God on a subconscious level and at times it would penetrate into my consciousness and screwing me over, i would become insane trying to harmonize the two, because this idea didn't match up with the reality that I'm not God. It's really messed me up and made it difficult for me to function properly. I also became more self absorbed. and many times I had awakened to this problem in me in the past. This is really something that I need to erase from my mind, Hinduism is a load of garbage. I've had amazing experiences on DMT and other drugs and there are times when you think you're God but its just a mental cycling illusion that creates the delusion that you are eternal. Something is seriously wrong with this cult. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.

V.S. Naipaul described India as a wounded civilization paralyzed by her religious beliefs.

"The Demonic Religion of Hinduism Exposed"

I found this old documentary on Hinduism very informative.

50 minutes ago, Nazar said:

1.You don't sound right, Creation is just as real as God its just that one exists as the eternal creator and the other as the temporary creation, unless of course the Creator decided to create an eternal creation. this makes sense. To consider humans, trees, animals, etc. as non-reality is an absurdity, its nonsense. what you said does not make sense. 

(1.) The creation and creator are equally a reality.

2.I think you mean to say untrue or not in accordance with reality. Yes thoughts can be either true or untrue. Of course the thought (mental representation) of the tree exists but it is certainly not the literal object it represents. Who ever said that the thought of the tree is the literal tree(this would be an untrue thought that exists)? Thoughts or mental representations exist as exactly what they are thoughts or mental representations in the mind. 

(2.) Thoughts( mental representations of things) are indeed real.

3. Again I think what you mean to say is untrue, which is to say "not in accordance with reality". But thoughts and beliefs do certainly indeed exist whether they are out of line with reality or in line with it. When you say "Therefore any belief that we hold in our human mind is even farther removed from Ultimate Reality." what do you mean exactly by "farther removed from God"? Are you saying a human being can't have thoughts or beliefs that are "closely joined" to God. Both false and true ideas exist. Ideas that represent reality are true and one with ultimate reality whereas ideas that don't match up with reality are false and not one with ultimate reality, but both are real or existent. 

(3.) The human mind can be closely joined to or one with ultimate reality.

1. It is true that all of creation is "real" in a relative sense. It is also true that the "essence" of all of creation is identical with God. It is also true that God is not a human, tree, or animal.

2/3. It would have been more accurate for me to say thoughts and beliefs are relatively real. Real in relation to the human mind.  However, not real in an independent existential sense.

I think the point of contention is whether objects and thoughts relatively real or Ultimately Real.

Bro, isn't Leo basically a modern version of a Hindu Guru?

@Nazar I simply expressing my understanding of this topic to the best of my ability. I am in no way claiming to be enlightened or to have all of the answers. But I will say that Advaita Vedanta (non-duality) has resonated with me and has improved my outlook on life. I used to have a materialistic/nihilistic view of life... which didn't do me any good.

Honestly man believe any school of thought that empowers you and brings you a certain amount of peace. Take care, sincerely.

On 1/22/2017 at 6:32 PM, Nazar said:

Again Bob84 when you make that statement about everything in my head haven't you already discredited your own statement? Your statement isn't true.

Yes :D

That includes things being true or not. Or things being right or wrong. There all just thoughts we have.

Our thoughts about something are not the something. But its not like we have a alternative 9_9