Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baotrader

Help, please. I really feel at a loss what to do?

3 posts in this topic

First I'm sorry for casting unncessary negativity on this forum but I really hope someone here could tell me what I should do. I sincerely hope someone would care. In my previous post (true story) noone cares (I thought so before having it posted though) and I did wrong. I have driven my pitiable cousin to suicidal thoughts. 
In my previous post, I shared the story of my cousin who has fully recovered from serious mental illness ( And it was confirmed by everyone I know, even doctor). After that, he realized he's got a talent for being a good actor and that's what he's always loved to do without knowing due to that God-dammed mental insanity - his mother has realized his talent since his childhood too but cannot help because he AREALDY self-harmed himself (leaving untreatable scars on his left hand) he got zero chance to do what he loves.
Mixed luck I would say, I have an acquaintance whose job is a experienced female actress. Seeing how unhappy my cousin was, I told him to muster all courage to meet the actress because I already helped set up a meet and told her about his scars. 
She's quite impressed with my cousin's gift after having him tested. Reluctantly though, she  took him to the director so he could give it a short (acting under carmera with other actors). and after the Day 1 the director was pretty impressed asking why the female actress did not introduce my cousin earlier. However, yesterday when the character my cousin acts has to wear a T-shirt and the director (and the producer (boss/investor too) saw the scars on my cousin's hand the director immediately refused to let my cousin continue. The producer ordered the guard to throw us out right after.

My friend (the female actress) tells me she got scolded severely. She's not angry with me though because she recognizes my cousin's acting talent. However, my cousin got existentially depressed for it. I'm not exaggerating the problem. He's not crying though but gets into total silence. I could see the helpless depression in his eys. He's not talking with anyone, just a short answer to every question. I said sorry to him and he gave the answer: "It was not your fault, prior to this event I already thought if I cannot do what I truly love to do, why not leave this world for good. because I really cannot find fun in activities like foods sex drinks, the things others find fun in".

I truly regretted for what I have done. However, is it really that BAD? Is Not being able to work at the job you love according to your talent really that depressing?
Honestly I have never felt it that way before until now. Maybe it was because I was always poor and had to work at whatever jobs to make and money. Every time I got a little more than needed I spent it on party with friends, travel and sex. I truly love my cousin.
I never thought I'd drive my cousin to this dangerous situation. If he commits suicide, my entire life would never be peaceful
Please, Can someone on this forum tell me what to do. Should I leave him on his own or intervene and in what way should I intervene?

Is your cousin getting professional help? You mentioned some doctor having confirmed his illness. Is s/he also treating him?

My primary advice is professional help.

Can't he get some makeup on the hand then to cover it up? I mean you can pretty much hide most thing with professional makeup these days. Even if he needs to apply it everytime he is going to act, then it's atleast possible for him to follow that passion