Husseinisdoingfine

Sadghuru was interviewed by the Daily Show

20 posts in this topic

For those curious, Sadghuru is on a new mission to ''save the soil'', to create a ''conscious planet'', as he puts it.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Damn, that makes sense. Something like Mad Max could definitely happen in the future.

This would not be a problem if we started taking plant based diets seriously. The meat and dairy industry is literally a cancer to our planet. If we mass adopted plant based diets we would relieve an immense amount of pressure on the environment—including the soil.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

7 hours ago, vizual said:

This would not be a problem if we started taking plant based diets seriously. The meat and dairy industry is literally a cancer to our planet. If we mass adopted plant based diets we would relieve an immense amount of pressure on the environment—including the soil.

Yep. You lose about 90% of the energy/calories when eating meat rather than plants. It’s simply inefficient. The same amount of land dedicated to plants will produce far more calories than the same amount of land dedicated to farming animals. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Yep. You lose about 90% of the energy/calories when eating meat rather than plants. It’s simply inefficient. The same amount of land dedicated to plants will produce far more calories than the same amount of land dedicated to farming animals. 

I disagree with this last statement. Animals are far better option for land than growing crops. We are destroying the land, while the animals make it stronger.

But since I can't explain it that well, here's a video about a 20 year long vegan, who had to go back to meat, because the vegan diet nearly destroyed her body. The story is about going back to meat, but she also explains my point about the land very nicely.

I urge you guys to watch it and tell me what you think:

https://www.sacredcow.info/lierre-keith?fbclid=IwAR2Q3XCB7obwMBA7CMI2SkiLcoAWjSUI8M1dT_iBWA4iGSgZBnv18Q8NjtQ

14 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

I disagree with this last statement. Animals are far better option for land than growing crops. We are destroying the land, while the animals make it stronger.

But since I can't explain it that well, here's a video about a 20 year long vegan, who had to go back to meat, because the vegan diet nearly destroyed her body. The story is about going back to meat, but she also explains my point about the land very nicely.

I urge you guys to watch it and tell me what you think:

https://www.sacredcow.info/lierre-keith?fbclid=IwAR2Q3XCB7obwMBA7CMI2SkiLcoAWjSUI8M1dT_iBWA4iGSgZBnv18Q8NjtQ

I'm vegan, but I think we're really making a mistake assuming that all humans can just switch on over to a vegan diet with no issues. 

Veganism serves a good cause, factory farming is a horrendous/barbaric practice that needs to end, but at the expense of your own health ?

I believe that some people simply cannot thrive on a vegan diet. Biologically speaking, some people and their ancestors have been on carnivorous diets for quite some time, and probably wouldn't do well switching to a vegan diet.

I think it's kind of disrespectful for vegans to shame meat-eaters as if this were purely an ideological topic and not a biological one as well. 

I too have heard of people trying to go vegan or vegetarian, and that suffered because of it. 

In my opinion the solution to all of this is simply cultured/stem-cell meat. 

No suffering of animals, and no suffering of humans either. 

Just like transitioning from fossil fuels to cleaner energy, we need to transition to cultured meat imo. 

Sadhguru is a fraud. Don’t trust him.

@a7xKingz vegan and plant based aren't the same. I'd agree that without alot of supplementation and diet maintenance veganism is really unsustainable if youre aiming for optimal health, but if you were to eat vegan like every other day you'll probably be doing yourself a big favor. Only animal product i'd still take everyday is fish oil.

@Adndnadan DHA in fishes come originally from algae. You can get algae-derived DHA pills. That way you skip the heavy metals too.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

47 minutes ago, Adndnadan said:

without alot of supplementation and diet maintenance veganism is really unsustainable

It's not sustainable even with supplementation. That's what Lierre Keith, in the interview I posted earlier, is saying.

She has been vegan for 20 years. She did everything by the books. Tracked what she put in her body and supplemented correctly so nothing would be missing. She was obsessed with it. In the end it still ruined her womb and was unable to have children anyore and a lot of other health issues aswell. She had to go back to eating meat.

And she says how this is natural and it's the circle of life. We need meat to survive.

A lot of vegans now have been vegan for a few years I would say, but I'm willing to bet every single one will have health issues down the road when everything comes back to them.

The body is just able to endure it for a long time.

1 hour ago, Adndnadan said:

@a7xKingz vegan and plant based aren't the same. I'd agree that without alot of supplementation and diet maintenance veganism is really unsustainable if youre aiming for optimal health, but if you were to eat vegan like every other day you'll probably be doing yourself a big favor. Only animal product i'd still take everyday is fish oil.

Its just fine. Been doing it for more than 10 years and I am more healthy than I ever was on meat.

*I will say you do need to eat well, as in get plenty of variety which some people don't have time for, or they eat fast vegan food and expect it to be healthy, it isn't. Nuts for example are an important addition.

Edited by BlueOak

Veganism most of the time could be looked at as a morality issue. Sometimes people want to talk about the health aspects of it, but i think that most of the comparison between vegan and meat diet is disingenuous.

Most of the time, they make a comparison between an unhealthy meat diet, and a good healthy vegan diet. I don't think there is a lot of difference between a really healthy meat diet and a vegan diet.

So besides the morality aspects of it, nowadays it could be looked at as an environmental issue as well. If we look at some statistics about how damaging meat production for the environment, we can realise that it is not sustainable for a long time at all. However, i don't think the solution is ,that everyone should convert to being a vegan or a vegetarian. I think the right question to ask is how to make meat production more sustainable and less damaging and less cruel.

saving the soil

that's something i can get behind, wether sadhguru is a saint, a fraud or too close with modi or whatever

Edited by PurpleTree

Awareness of anything is useful, which is why I point out:
Health results in accord with one's attunement to their higher being. Eating a lighter diet can naturally follow that tide. I have found that forcing this issue can create entrenchment within lower resonance.

Where are we to judge when food is not even needed by a consciousness of an even higher subtlety? Does such an entity even need to chop a tree?
The solution has never left the sun.

Edited by Rokazulu

3 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

At this point sadguru is more of a politician than a yoga teacher

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

On 3/11/2022 at 4:49 PM, vizual said:

The meat and dairy industry is literally a cancer to our planet.

I agree but some cheeses and meat cuts taste like glory.

I am never ever giving them up.

Sadhguru tells you the source of human misery.