DefinitelyNotARobot

What's the "goal" of asking questions?

21 posts in this topic

What's the endgame so to speak?

We have so many questions throughout our lives, but every answer we get seems to just lead us to further questions. It's feels like a game of impermanence where you find an answer, are happy with it for a while but start craving for more and do it all over again. And that itself creates many more meta questions.

Like what's the point of this question right here? I'm looking for some kind of... closure, but I'm not sure what that even means. It just feels like the word closure is resonating. But what about that then? What's the point of closure? And there it is. New answer, new question.

I could probably go on for hours asking more and more questions, getting new answers and asking some more questions. But doing that never lead me to anything but more questions. Asking questions is very tiring and overwhelming.

I'm not seeing a next step from here. Please give me more answers so that I can keep this stupid game going. My existence literally hinges upon this. I'm not even sure if there are any other options as I don't even know whether or not I have a choice in keeping this game going anyways. So yeah, water board me with more juicy answers, that's exactly what I need right now.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

Fulfilment of needs

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

People ask questions because they naturally want answers. I could try to write some multi-paragraph response, but it would all boil down to this raw simplicity. You already know this is the answer, but you’re asking to hopefully get some new info which you likely see as being able to increase your satisfaction in some way or another. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

What you are doing is playing with language and spinning the wheels of your thinking mind.

What you are looking for is non-symbolic "knowing" that starts with thinking, but goes beyond it into actual life-transforming insight. It is more similar to "remembering something you've long forgotten" than "figuring something new out".

The closure you are looking for is the  peace that comes from grounding in your body, in your belly center. It will come along as you mature in your seeking and let go of fear.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

What you are doing is playing with language and spinning the wheels of your thinking mind.

What you are looking for is non-symbolic "knowing" that starts with thinking, but goes beyond it into actual life-transforming insight. It is more similar to "remembering something you've long forgotten" than "figuring something new out".

The closure you are looking for is the  peace that comes from grounding in your body, in your belly center. It will come along as you mature in your seeking and let go of fear.

This.

20 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

What's the endgame so to speak?

We have so many questions throughout our lives, but every answer we get seems to just lead us to further questions. It's feels like a game of impermanence where you find an answer, are happy with it for a while but start craving for more and do it all over again. And that itself creates many more meta questions.

Like what's the point of this question right here? I'm looking for some kind of... closure, but I'm not sure what that even means. It just feels like the word closure is resonating. But what about that then? What's the point of closure? And there it is. New answer, new question.

I could probably go on for hours asking more and more questions, getting new answers and asking some more questions. But doing that never lead me to anything but more questions. Asking questions is very tiring and overwhelming.

I'm not seeing a next step from here. Please give me more answers so that I can keep this stupid game going. My existence literally hinges upon this. I'm not even sure if there are any other options as I don't even know whether or not I have a choice in keeping this game going anyways. So yeah, water board me with more juicy answers, that's exactly what I need right now.

Ya this is a great place to come to and realize.  Perhaps the next place to experiment with so to say is not answering and going into question, just letting questions come and go.  Try this as much as possible, get good at just being in the senses of happening/experience without going into questions of who, what, where, why, when, how.....

Sure there will be the occasional daily life questions that will come up, like what time do I need to leave now to make the bus, or should I have cereal or eggs, but just leave it at that for a while.  Questions as your starting to see can be a loop of addiction that while are not necessarily bad fundamentally, we've never learned to just let the mind/questions come and go unneeding to be answered or important.

Look at this as a new opportunity to explore something new, a new way of living/being.

The ultimate goal is creating and shaping the ego/identity.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

20 hours ago, Guru Fat Bastard said:

xD

This one too, watch till the end xD

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

The closure you seek is God's Omniscience.

Ask long enough and one day you will gain a complete understanding of reality.

What does closure feel like?

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! 

You are the answer ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God's Omniscience.

I saw the definition of omniscience. It means "all knowledge." 

Is God's omniscience same as Consciousness? 

And is God's divinity separate from his omniscience? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

17 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Is God's omniscience same as Consciousness?

God is infinite consciousness.

17 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

And is God's divinity separate from his omniscience? 

Nothing is separate from God.

God isn't a him. God is you.

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Hahaha, the ending killed me xD

Edited by mojsterr

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

"You can't have fucking nothing isn't".. Guru Louis CK
xD

17 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

You already know this is the answer, but you’re asking to hopefully get some new info which you likely see as being able to increase your satisfaction in some way or another. 

Yeah I do think that I'm looking for an answer that'll satisfy me. All the answers I get leave me unsatisfied and hungry for more. I am not sure if that's the nature of our human knowledge and that this dissatisfaction with our limited understanding of reality is just part of what it means to be a human, or if it's perhaps possible to find an answer for all of that. Then the question may be: How do I find such an answer? Can something like that be "found"?

16 hours ago, tsuki said:

How can I cultivate this non-symbolic knowing? To be more precise: How do I cultivate a state of mind which allows this knowledge and understanding to flow into me, because I do realize on some level that understanding and knowing aren't things that you do. They aren't active processes that necessarily require your conscious attention. It's more of a passive process. All you do is take care of the garden of the mind and it will produce juicy fruits all by itself. But constantly asking questions we're in a way trying to feed off of other peoples fruits. I guess that's a "Give a man a fish and he will eat for the evening, teach a man how to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life." type of thing.

7 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Perhaps the next place to experiment with so to say is not answering and going into question, just letting questions come and go.

I am already really good at this, it helps me avoid lots of uncomfortable questions. :D

No but for real, not having answers sounds kind of scary. That's what most horror movies are built on. The unknown. The darkness. The void. Perhaps that's what tsuki meant when they said that it will come along when you mature and let go of fear? Fear of facing the unknown head on? Fear of jumping into the pool of absolute nothingness?

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ask long enough and one day you will gain a complete understanding of reality.

How do I figure out which are the right questions to ask then? Will I have to keep asking questions and just figure it out on the fly by doing the process again and again and again? (while also being aware of my own biases and self-deceptions of course, which add another layer of mind fuckery into all of this) I don't feel confident in my ability to determine truth from falsehood and I feel a little distrustful of the direction the process would take me into.

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot I have videos which teach how to ask questions and even gives you the most powerful questions to ask.

@DefinitelyNotARobot I’d say that the answer you’re seeking is not a linguistic one. It has to do with a radical change in your entire state that is essentially persistent. Only until you find that will you be able to really know what satisfaction is. Keep in mind though, it is human nature to “seek higher ground” as I call it. There is no end all be all state, and the beauty is that reality always leaves room for more. Even when you reach a place of incredible satisfaction, you will still likely see things worth improving, but any improvements will be seen as pleasant upgrades rather than necessities. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Peace. The ultimate end of any successfully, satisfactorily answered question is always peace, rest, contentment, joy.. What happens when a question is satisfactorily answered. The mind comes to rest. Quiet, peaceful joy. The same as when any desire has been fulfilled. The ultimate goal of any seeking is to come to the end of seeking.