Someone here

I've awakend to absolute solipsism. Ask Me anything

411 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Ananta said:

First, "your mind as god", you mean this in a literal sense? Because, I think many here think you are referring to their finite ego mind IS god.

Yes I mean you are fully God right now and your consciousness is Absolute.  It isn't really "yours" as the ego.   That is the illusion of perception.  There is no perceiver it is just Being or Pure Consciousness /Awareness.

Where people get tripped up is the finite part.  Yes I do not mean the ego.  Hence "Absolute Solipsism".  You are not really a finite Being you are one who is Infinite but has dialed down there conscious level to appear finite.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Ananta said:

And, who is the "I" in this statement? Awareness/absolute, God or finite ego mind?

They are all the same thing.

The ego is God. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Where people get tripped up is the finite part.  Yes I do not mean the ego.  Hence "Absolute Solipsism".  You are not really a finite Being you are one who is Infinite but has dialed down there conscious level to appear finite.   

If we are talking about "infinite", then why say solipsism?

Solipsism is talking about the finite mind being the only thing in existence. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Ananta said:

I've never used the trm myself for that reason.  Leo likes to use it and it took off here so if we are going to use it let's call it Absolute Solipsism.   But I concur I personally don't even need the term.  I think where the term can help is providing the distinction between there being other minds outside of your own.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

They are all the same thing.

The ego is God. 

The ego is an "aspect" of God, but isn't God itself. Is your ego all powerful, all knowing, omnipresent ? No, it's not. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I think where the term can help is providing the distinction between there being other minds outside of your own.

I was with you until this ^

If we are talking absolute solipsism, which to me means the only mind in existence is God's mind, although who's to say God has a "mind" per se. Then, why say it like you did here- "minds outside of your own". Of course existence is non-dual, but oneness doesn't mean sameness.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

8 minutes ago, Ananta said:

This is not a contradiction.  Reality is infinite, and infinite reality is the only thing there is.. and you're that pretending not to be.  That's how you seem like Something separate from 'the rest of reality' (rather than Everything/Nothing/Infinity which doesn't seem like anything).. it's trick reality plays on itself to know itself. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Ananta language has it's limits.. there is no 'God who has a mind', per se.  God is 'infinite mind', which is what everything is, which is what you are.. 

no separation.  Not a 'dreamer' in addition to 'the dream'.. only the dream pretending it's 'separate from' itself in order to 'perceive' itself.. to 'know' itself.. to 'be' like anything at all. 

Consider.. how big is a coffee cup? Like, what size is it? Big, small? How can you say without comparing it to something else? A coffee cup is Big compared to an ant, and tiny compared with the moon.. Size is an imaginary distinction, brought into existence by imagining separation between 'big' and 'small'.. but these distinctions are only imaginary. Arbitrary. Relative. 

You can't have 'size' without creating separation between 'big' and 'small'.. 

YOU (reality) can't 'seem like anything' without creating imaginary separation between 'you' and 'that which is not you'.

Edited by Mason Riggle

3 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

it's trick reality plays on itself to know itself. 

Yes, I know. My point is oneness doesn't mean sameness. ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

10 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Yes, I know. My point is oneness doesn't mean sameness. ?

@Ananta well.. in this context it kinda does.  There really is no such thing as 'sameness' (it makes no sense to say 'this is the same as that), unless you just mean that reality 'is itself'. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

3 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Ananta well.. in this context it kinda does.  There really is no such thing as 'sameness', unless you just mean that reality 'is itself'. 

What is your stance on solipsism? That's the discussion point in this thread. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta Solipsism is the idea that 'my own experience is all I can know to be true'.. or something like that.  

There is no 'my experience'.   There is only Infinite Everythingness/Nothingness appearing as Finite Somethingness.  As long as it 'seems like Something is happening rather than Nothing/Everything' then this is the case. 

1. Was all of this information you alredy knew before (ie. "I am the only thing in the whole existence, I'm just interacting with myself..."), just spun in a different way this time, a way that made it click? Or was this something completely new and just the sheer shock of new information made it for you?

2. Could you still get angry at a person bashing you, berating you with words or is that now impossible?

Edited by mojsterr

I do not believe that everything exists solely in one's own personal mind. That's the definition of solipsism. Anyone saying they really mean "absolute" mind/God is stretching the definition to mean something completely different. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

25 minutes ago, Ananta said:

The ego is an "aspect" of God, but isn't God itself. Is your ego all powerful, all knowing, omnipresent ? No, it's not. 

You are in fact omnipresent and omnipotent and omniscient. The only problem is you are not conscious of that .

Your are omnipresent because the place that you are in right now is all that exists in reality .

You are omniscient because you have direct and complete access to all that exists in reality right now. Namely your bubble of consciousness right now. 

And finally you are omnipotent because you are constantly constructing and creating everything around you all the time by dreaming it up into existence. 

The only problem again is you are not conscious of these things .and that's why you are not awake . 

-Osho

@Ananta this is why people make the distinction between solipsism (mind + the imagination of mind) and Absolute Solipsism (only mind). 

Edited by Mason Riggle

2 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

1. Was all of this information you alredy knew before (ie. "I am the only thing in the whole existence, I'm just interacting with myself..."), just spun in a different way this time, a way that made it click? Or was this something completely new and just the sheer shock of new information made it for you?

2. Could you still get angry at a person bashing you, berating you with words or is that now impossible?

1.as I said I just listened to Leo's solipsism video three times and contemplated it for myself and arrived at that conclusion. 

2.yes .I still experience all human emotions. Nothing has changed as far as that is concerned. 

-Osho

@Someone here Nice theory, I heard Leo dish out his version of solipsism in his video also, but I don't buy it. 

Ok, think I've made my points as clear as I can in this thread, so peace out✌️

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Does 'I am' exist without a tangible manifestation of it? By tangible manifestation I mean the manifestation of the experience of something like sounds, sensations, tastes, touch etc.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

11 minutes ago, vizual said:

Does 'I am' exist without a tangible manifestation of it? By tangible manifestation I mean the manifestation of the experience of something like sounds, sensations, tastes, touch etc.

Yes it could .you could exist as formlessness or as form. 

You can erase all forms from existence and you will be left with pure nothingness. You are that nothingness. Then again the nothingness is identical to the world of form .

Form is empty .emptiness is form .

-Osho