Someone here

I've awakend to absolute solipsism. Ask Me anything

411 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Purple Man said:

One Awareness, many individual body-mind perspectives is the most obvious experience of anyone. I think solipsistics mistake the "many perspectives" concept with many selves, they reject the idea, and throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

Well for me I was shown it directly during an awakening.  Believe me I would have rather it be what you are describing then what it is in reality.   But then again it's beautiful, elegant.  It's amazing frankly.  That the mind can dream up reality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Someone here

So how did your awakening occur? Yes I know you watched Leo's video. But did you suddenly just experience a major shift in perception or what was it like?

@Vincent S same thing for me. I literally had a glimpse and almost spewed my guts out. A glimpse changed me forever though. I've slowly coming to terms with it ? it's easier when we can pretend we are separate.

It's paradoxical, is one sense only You can awaken and this is obvious when you awaken lol. But consciousness dreams up other dreams where the characters overlap is my thought process. When you awaken, the entire universe wakes up. One being dreaming an infinite number of dreams outside of time and space. ? It's fucking God. This shit cannot be fucking thought. You ain't ever gonna put God infinity in a box 

2 hours ago, Godishere said:

You would think you have gone completely insane. Another thing, Solipsism is like the final piece of the puzzle, you will reject the fuck out of it. Why? Again, because the idea of you cannot exist without other. You just don't understand how radical and maddening this is. It will take weeks of integration.

The first time I did 5 meo, I didn't know anything about non-duality, or meditation, or spirituality. I smoked and suddenly...reality, the cosmos, everything, was just me. there was no other, there was no time. just me, imprisoned in motionless eternity, without the possibility of contrasting with anything. hahaha when I came out of there, the horror I felt was beyond imagining. I started to walk around the room vomiting with horror. then I went to a bar to drink until I could forget that nightmare. I had to muster all my courage to go back there months later

36 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

The first time I did 5 meo, I didn't know anything about non-duality, or meditation, or spirituality. I smoked and suddenly...reality, the cosmos, everything, was just me. there was no other, there was no time. just me, imprisoned in motionless eternity, without the possibility of contrasting with anything. hahaha when I came out of there, the horror I felt was beyond imagining. I started to walk around the room vomiting with horror. then I went to a bar to drink until I could forget that nightmare. I had to muster all my courage to go back there months later

Holy shit

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

They don't.  You are God imagining me.  From your POV as God I have no existence I'm just a figment of your mind.  It's exactly like a dream. 

This actually really helped me .. Because maybe the mistake we make here is to slip into the EGO I when  we are thinking of others being imaginary and EGO I is real pov. It's not like there are main characters in this dream. The main character is not your EGO self . Everyone is equally imagined , everyone is equally main or supporting actor :-) 

At least I was getting confused as I was mistaken my " EGO Self" as the main character of the movie :-D 

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Holy shit

?? I don't know why but it a very sadistic way, I found this funny. It is kind of funny in a certain POV ? ? only because I've lived through it I guess.

@Siedah yeah there is no self. There is actually no selves. You just have to put the dots together, it takes time.

it's just all an appearance in consciousness, you could really just leave it at that, all self-referential selves and imagined seperates are emerging because of attachment. of course if you directly experience an experience of no center to a self it will make a lot more sense. issue is, when you try to understand this conceptually you are in the framework of having a felt-perception of a center (again because of attachment that you are stuck with) it's purely getting manufactered in mind, maybe that can trigger awakening but it kind of falls route to nonduality people who get trapped in framework levels of understanding, solipism definitely has depth to it in direct experience. the question is really if you actually awoken to it, how you shift perspective in these seemingly emerging appearances of seperate selves and take new actions in life that's where the money iz at

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

24 minutes ago, Siedah said:

This actually really helped me .. Because maybe the mistake we make here is to slip into the EGO I when  we are thinking of others being imaginary and EGO I is real pov. It's not like there are main characters in this dream. The main character is not your EGO self . Everyone is equally imagined , everyone is equally main or supporting actor :-) 

At least I was getting confused as I was mistaken my " EGO Self" as the main character of the movie :-D 

I'm glad.   Yes thats correct.  Your ego - that entity you think you are - is also an idea or a concept.  That's why self inquiry can be very powerful because you can realize this directly and have an awakening to no self.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

I'm glad.   Yes thats correct.  Your ego - that entity you think you are - is also an idea or a concept.  That's why self inquiry can be very powerful because you can realize this directly and have an awakening to no self.

Should one first experience no self (maybe without psychedelics, because it's easier), and then go to the God realization (with psychedelics)? Cause if it's other way around, it's easy for ego to corrupt this insight. I think that's what happened to me.

Edited by Forza21

14 minutes ago, Forza21 said:

Should one first experience no self, and then go the God realization? Cause if it's other way around, it's easy for ego to corrupt this insight. I think that's what happened to me.

Absolutely.  No self was the first awakening I had and to me it's what enlightenment is really about.   You really need this awakening before you can move to other ones.  I know Leo likes to down play it - but it's massive.   It's enlightenment in my opinion although there are many more awakenings one can have.  

Yes mine was not with psychedelics as you know...so I can't really comment on that part...but yes I would first do self inquiry  (and you can follow along in Leo's very first enlightenment videos he goes thru a self Inquiry process.  I was doing that process when it happened.  And I remember distinctly it happened the second I realized the soul is a thought.   Because I thought I was the soul.  Some think they're the body..etc.  but for me it was the soul that I thought I was...an invisible entity behind the eyes.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

48 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Breakingthewall woah, how came you out of this, are you still regret this experience and how are you going now

Well, I did 5 meo because I had read about the experience, god etc, and I found that horrible shit and that made me think a lot, I started to meditate and read and ask in this forum, and I began to understand, after a few months I did it again ...and again the same ufff...the next day I did it again, and the same, and after 5 minutes, again, and the same but suddenly, something opened. I was alone , i was the totality in the horrible dead eternity, and suddenly there was an unfathomable hole in me and that hole was the infinite glory of existence that flowed and had always flowed infinitely and that was me, hallelujah, etc. you know, the 5 meo is for that, but it wasn't easy

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

I experienced something similar on weed once.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well for me I was shown it directly during an awakening.  Believe me I would have rather it be what you are describing then what it is in reality.   But then again it's beautiful, elegant.  It's amazing frankly.  That the mind can dream up reality.

Thanks for the reply.

I don´t deny the dreamed up quality of existence. Dreamed up in the sense of it not having independent ontological status, in the sense of it being the consequence of Awareness. 
Would you also agree with me regarding the Godhead being Absolute, being  the one and only Awareness, creating the universe with the very act of projecting it and perceiving it, and then giving life to each character in the dream by being the Awareness behind (and beyond) any individual "carcass", behind and beyond any individual body-mind perspective? That is my experience, and allows for the existence of only One Self, but also permits the relative existence of all of us as individual encarnations that are lived by the One Awareness of the Godhead. And with this, no more solipsistic terror.

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

Even though you only experience your experience, it doesn't mean things outside your experience don't exist, is just means you don't experience them.  When I'm away from my house, every experience I have of my house is imaginary.  But it doesn't mean that my house doesn't still exist, it just means any experience I have of my house is imaginary.  Really every experience you've ever had is imaginary in a way, but that doesn't mean that experiences outside of your experience don't exist, it just means any experience you have of them would be imaginary.

@Mulky FINALLY, thats what I always try to explain. Still all the awakened gurus here claim just my desktop screen exists right now in the whole universe. or did I misunderstood them?

11 minutes ago, Mulky said:

Even though you only experience your experience, it doesn't mean things outside your experience don't exist, is just means you don't experience them.  When I'm away from my house, every experience I have of my house is imaginary.  But it doesn't mean that my house doesn't still exist, it just means any experience I have of my house is imaginary.  Really every experience you've ever had is imaginary in a way, but that doesn't mean that experiences outside of your experience don't exist, it just means any experience you have of them would be imaginary.

They dont exist, but as thought.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Agree. So there are many POV. this contradicts the idea of solipism,

Not exactly.   There are many POVs but they are imaginary.  Which of course is real too because imagination is all there is, so that makes them real.   But the other POVs have no existence or experience outside of your Mind as God.  You are the only actual mind in existence - the only experience.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.