Leo Gura

News About Vimeo Videos Not Working

62 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2022 at 9:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

Please be patient as I sort this out with Vimeo over the next few days.

I appreciate you for handling this. I already did the course, but I wanted to go through it again because I became way more mentally/physically healthy and can introspect clearly. Actually the same day you posted this.

If Vimeo wants to donate to charity, they can do it on their own dollar..

I know you will find a way @Leo Gura !

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Can't you do embedded videos with YouTube? 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 3/10/2022 at 0:56 PM, BipolarGrowth said:

Good Evening God,

You’re bringing lots of traffic to our site. As a show of appreciation, we would like to astronomically raise your rates. We understand that this rate increase will not affect you due to your omnipotence. 

Regards,

Vi-MeO Customer Service

@BipolarGrowth Hahaha ?

Grrrrr bad vimeo

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

You might be better off uploading audio only for those kind of videos. The bandwidth usage would be greatly reduced, plus the visual aspect is not that relevant anyway.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Leo Gura Seems like a bunch of people on twitter are reporting similar price hikes. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 3/10/2022 at 5:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

About half the Vimeo videos on the blog and the Life Purpose Course are currently deactivated.

Vimeo deactivated them because they say Actualized.org is in the top 1% of all Vimeo accounts in terms of bandwidth usage.

To reactivate the videos they are asking me to pay them $5000/yr. >:(

Just to give you an idea of how much of a price hike that is, I was paying them $200/yr for the last 8 years (that's what a standard Vimeo account costs). So a 25x price hike overnight.

Now I am forced to pay them $5000 because I don't really have an option to move all my years worth of videos somewhere else. Kind of a shitty situation for me.

Please be patient as I sort this out with Vimeo over the next few days.

So that is why your explanation from your blog about deleting the solipsism video got taken down twice! If Vimeo does not let you post on your blog, would you post it on YouTube? Seems like there is a conflict going on with you and Vimeo.

Edited by AndylizedAAY
Leo does not all caps messages although it was just a couple of words but I changed it just in case (I don't understand you though but sure).

@Leo Gura Any progress?

Suggestion: start a fundraiser on the blog to raise the $5,000.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

It's interesting how the universe really really doesn't want me to see the solipsism videos..

First it deleted the Solipsism video, and then it also deleted the explanation video of the take-down.

On 3/9/2022 at 7:17 PM, Leo Gura said:

I am half Ukrainian. Why am I getting robbed here? ¬¬

Well at least you're not getting bombed!! 

Sorry that happened Leo, sounds very scammy. :/ 

@Blackhawk It was not one of his best, I wouldn't worry about it.  It really wasn't...
When I watched it I was like... "this is what people are freaking out over?"

I see why he took it down; he would have had to worry too much with that video.  And not because it was profound.  It was just subpar imo compared to other videos out there.  Maybe he'll make another one in the future.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Vimeo has a lot nerve charging you for such a ridiculous price. Another example of what happens when greed runs amok in America. This is one reason why I feel more pessimistic about the USA than I've ever had before. The American dream really seems to be dying for most folks living in the country.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Apparently Vimeo is fleecing more than just me:

I guess you are not that special. :) 

Seems like these Vimeo guys are pricing themselves out of the market.

Vimeo is the only real competitor to YouTube.

Without any competition, let's hope YouTube doesn't come up with a similar scheme.