Leo Gura

News About Vimeo Videos Not Working

62 posts in this topic

About half the Vimeo videos on the blog and the Life Purpose Course are currently deactivated.

Vimeo deactivated them because they say Actualized.org is in the top 1% of all Vimeo accounts in terms of bandwidth usage.

To reactivate the videos they are asking me to pay them $5000/yr. >:(

Just to give you an idea of how much of a price hike that is, I was paying them $200/yr for the last 8 years (that's what a standard Vimeo account costs). So a 25x price hike overnight.

Now I am forced to pay them $5000 because I don't really have an option to move all my years worth of videos somewhere else. Kind of a shitty situation for me.

Please be patient as I sort this out with Vimeo over the next few days.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

They got trigged by your solipsism video and are making it all up just to get back at you.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Vimeo deactivated them because they say Actualized.org is in the top 1% of all Vimeo accounts in terms of bandwidth usage.

Can’t this be solved by deleting your blog videos? Just move them to a third YouTube channel.

Edited by Leo Gura
Removed copyright infringing link

12 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

They got trigged by your solipsism video and are making it all up just to get back at you.

Or they’re just trying to raise money to send financial support to Ukraine.

Vimeo CEO twitter:

I am half Ukrainian. Why am I getting robbed here? ¬¬

Just now, Leo Gura said:

I am half Ukrainian. Why am I getting robbed? ¬¬

They saw your Putin apology in the other thread and blog.

Oh, I thought you had dropped your newest blog video. That is pretty rough they are charging you that much. Hopefully it works out. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I am half Ukrainian. Why am I getting robbed here? ¬¬

It's really bad that they charge you so much. It's an illegal kind of a hike. I'm surprised that this is happening in America. But do you now realize how capitalism can be destructive? Imagine someone unable to pay that much money. They would be screwed by the hike. 

I sincerely hope that they reconsider their prices, the hike is sudden and unjustified and maybe you find some alternative to it if it feels like you're paying too much. Or pay someone a one time fee to set up such a service for you in exchange. I'm sure there are a lot of software developers who are just looking for an opportunity or outsource your work to someone who does such things. I'm not sure how other course developers render their courses to their clients. 

How about hosting your videos on your web through a private YouTube channel or something like that? 

I don't know how this bandwidth thing works. Why does one account's videos get more bandwidth than others? What if you had 3 separate accounts  would that reduce the bandwidth because paying $200 for 3 accounts each is much less than paying $5000 

I'm just shooting things in the dark like a silly head. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Is this something top Vimeo channels have to pay too or is this somehow unique to you? That's messed up if this is what you get back for investing in a video streamsite for 8 years.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

6 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Is this something top Vimeo channels have to pay too or is this somehow unique to you? That's messed up if this is what you get back for investing in a video streamsite for 8 years.

If your account is in the top 1%, they will shut you down and ask for $5k minimum.

Perhaps look for an alternative such as https://community.theta.tv/stream/

On the blockchain. It will be a pain to upload all those videos and edit every single post tho.

Instead of paying the 5000 hire a virtual assistant to make this job easier.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If your account is in the top 1%, they will shut you down and ask for $5k minimum.

That is legit some bullshit. 

5g? Lmao thats a lot. I'm curious how much it costs them to host that much content 

@Leo Gura I don't want to come across as rude, and I know $5,000 is a lot of money. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's not worth your time to spend days looking for an alternative. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

It takes lots of time to move to another platform. So it's better to pay it Leo.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Reach out to the person who manages Couch Wisdom and take control of that channel. 

Edited by Leo Gura
Removed link

Is this 1% thing in their Terms of Service or they are just randomly deciding this all of a sudden? Sounds like some bullshit.

Not the most spiritual approach but I would be making a Youtube video about it and roasting them on social media. As an influencer with 1M followers you can do a lot more PR damage than $5k. Just be sure you've got backups before doing that and getting fully terminated xD

I know a podcaster that was self-hosting episodes on their "unlimited" web hosting only to find out it's not truly unlimited, sort of a similar situation. They at least negotiated a month or two with their host to find time to relocate their content.

I feel like you could probably pay a virtual assistant to transfer all the files to a new service for you and link everything back up for under $5k. Probably cheaper and less stressful than negotiating with people holding your content hostage in the long run.

Not to minimize Actualized.org but I'm surprised you're in the top 1% of Vimeo clients alongside brands like Starbucks, American Airlines, CVS, etc. This might be the canary in the coalmine... move now or be forced to move anyway when they become insolvent in another 5 years.

Edited by Yarco

I think you should not pay for reactivating them. Make a separate blog channel. And upload all the stuff. 

For the courses, do YouTube membership