Ry4n

Can Someone With Ocd Become Enlightened?

11 posts in this topic

So I've recently been diagnosed with OCD, and was wondering if in the future (maybe 5-7 years) when my OCD is no longer there (or at least not bothering me) that enlightenment is still possible for me. 

Of course, why wouldn't enlightenment be possible. I have personal experience with this very issue. In fact, doing the work towards enlightenment will actually help to reduce your OC behaviours as you become more aware and less identified with thoughts. OCD comes from thinking. So meditation and consciousness work will significantly improve your OCD by reducing your neurotic thinking.

Incidentally, you can overcome your OC behaviours in far less than 5-7 years. If you really want it, you can stop it almost instantly. It's not the ritualistic behaviours that you stop, it's the discomfort of not performing actions that you need to confront. Learn to not be controlled by that and the behaviours will stop by themselves. And it isn't that hard to confront that uncomfortable feeling. You just have to want it enough. See how much suffering and damage it is doing to your life.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Seeking enlightenment could be seen as an Obsessive-Compulsive trait.

Come to think of it, OCD could well be a necessary prerequisite for posting on this forum. o.O

6 hours ago, Ry4n said:

So I've recently been diagnosed with OCD, and was wondering if in the future (maybe 5-7 years) when my OCD is no longer there (or at least not bothering me) that enlightenment is still possible for me. 

Why do you worry shit like this? You could be enlightened right fucking now, but you want to be retarded and play stupid games

@Ry4n Enlightenment is posible for everyone who is willing to stop mental mastrubation.

@Ry4n If you go on the path and master meditation and your emotions, you will get rid of your OCD easy peasy.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

On 1/20/2017 at 6:40 PM, jse said:

Seeking enlightenment could be seen as an Obsessive-Compulsive trait.

Come to think of it, OCD could well be a necessary prerequisite for posting on this forum. o.O

Last year my main OCD theme disappeared and was replaced by Enlightenment OCD. I felt a great discomfort that I am not enlightened and I have to get enlightened as soon as possible to feel relief. :)

On 1/20/2017 at 2:04 AM, Ry4n said:

Its possible even while it's still there.   Since this was posted a while ago how is the path coming along for you?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Ry4n Yup, don't worry about the OCD. Do the work. MEDITATE. And I believe you will find what you're looking for.

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Ry4n Yup, don't worry about the OCD. Do the work. MEDITATE. And I believe you will find what you're looking for.

Nobody finds what they are looking for. ?

I had OCD as a kid, and discovered that I didn't have to pay attention to or listen to the thoughts. If I had stopped there that would have been a success story. 

After years of observing my ego, I realized that there was a lot of repression going on, I became unhappy and the OCD bubbled up again. As I began to listen to it, and do shadow work, it turned into intuition, and led me to some amazing discoveries. My theory is that OCD is intuition seen through a lens of fear and negativity, which is why we experience it as torturous or painful. Work through the fear and negativity, allowing it to bubble up and knowing that it will in this process. It's a gift in disguise, it's just an annoying gift, like if someone dropped all the lumber and supplies in your yard needed to build a house, and then you realized you had to do all the work to build it yourself to make any use out of it. 

Good luck!:x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost