Leo Gura

Understanding Russia & Putin

708 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@axiom @K Ghoul

You have to learn to apreciate and read long texts to deeply grasp what is being written here. 

By the time I’m done with reading all the assigned material and all the response papers that I have to complete on the weekly basis I really don’t have much mental power and time left for me to sit and decipher someone’s script - I’d rather spend that time on reading others’ perspective or writing my own response. Why treat it as some sacred spiritual text where one has to read into it deeply in order to grasp some hidden meaning to appreciate the message- simple use of grammar/dividing the text into smaller chunks/constituents on behalf of the author would suffice. Imo, it’s common courtesy to write in a way that’s intelligible and doesn’t require extensive mental exertion on the part of the reader in order to engage with what’s being said.

Edited by K Ghoul

29 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

If I can add something. There's a woman I follow on Patreon who made a video about the situation and specifically tapping into Putin and Zelenskyy. She said Putin came off very empathetic and compassionate whereas Zelenskyy was very dark. 

Basically Putin is doing what he feels he needs to do but that this might also be his end and for Russia. He thinks NATO is corrupt and he wants to protect Russia from it's covert agenda.

Putin references Neo-Nazis because the initial undercurrent began in WW2 with Germany. What's been learned since then is that power can't be taken by force. Instead you seduce a target into accepting your rule. Russia will not comply so it's out. 

She said Zelenskyy felt like an A.I. Very dark.

This is just my bat-sh!t crazy addition, but I don't think it's totally bat-sh!t crazy either. So there you go.

There are just as many Nazi's in Russia if not more. Almost 2% of the last Ukrainian election according to wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Ukrainian_presidential_election If you really got honest answers from many countries you'd see this sort of ultra right presence in all of them, and these two countries share of a lot of culture and heritage. 

As for being dark, he's not going to be in any kind of relaxed or peaceful state of mind. His life is being threatened, several hundred assassins have been hired to kill him and people every day are coming to him and telling him children, families that are no longer alive. The world is closing in around the man and there is huge fear as people are starving or dying.

The AI you are seeing is more a move into a survival response. That's why when people try to give higher reasoning to a war or a wider perspective it falls far short of making a bridge to end it. Its like you are looking into a black hole and time is different for those at the center. The reality they are in is vastly different from what you or I are experiencing. 

By the way you can employ that relationship to all stress, anger, fear and any other pure instinctive or egoic state of mind. The trick is trying to bridge to it while reaching it and not stopping short. *Also not losing the original intent too much.

Edited by BlueOak

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

If I can add something. There's a woman I follow on Patreon who made a video about the situation and specifically tapping into Putin and Zelenskyy. She said Putin came off very empathetic and compassionate whereas Zelenskyy was very dark. 

Basically Putin is doing what he feels he needs to do but that this might also be his end and for Russia. He thinks NATO is corrupt and he wants to protect Russia from it's covert agenda.

Putin references Neo-Nazis because the initial undercurrent began in WW2 with Germany. What's been learned since then is that power can't be taken by force. Instead you seduce a target into accepting your rule. Russia will not comply so it's out. 

This is just my bat-sh!t crazy addition, but I don't think it's totally bat-sh!t crazy either. So there you go.

This thread is getting more and more absurd.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, zurew said:

@Danioover9000

thats true, however, i think nothing wrong with suggesting to use a more digestable form of writing. its much easier to make sense of, and also to reply to.

Long posts are fine, but basic etiquette on a forum should include breaking lengthy posts in to paragraphs (of probably no more than 4 to 6 sentences) separated by line breaks.

Run-on sentences where someone has to scroll down on the page before reaching the end of the sentence should always be avoided.

If someone's Forum posts are looking like a page ripped out of Finnegan's Wake, that's a good indication that whatever salient point they were trying to make has been completely buried.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Although this sounds a bit absurd, I myself felt these absurd thoughts and feelings too. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I feel bad for Zelensky :( Seeing people in turmoil and their human side always gets to me…

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Ah thats why Zelensky was talking to Musk. He found an AI friend. Now I get it!

13 minutes ago, K Ghoul said:

I feel bad for Zelensky :( Seeing people in turmoil and their human side always gets to me…

I think one of the problems here is that Putin has created such a favorable image for himself in the world press by constantly smiling at the cameras and people smiling back at him, it's hard to look at him and think that he is a bad guy, maybe this is the reason why people find it so hard to assess the situation. Putin has a friendly front and demeanor. Seeing the Zelensky guy I was almost brought to tears, I could feel his human side. I have no idea why something just doesn't feel right about this whole war(not that anything is right about wars to begin with) yet there is something so deeply complex and unsettling about this situation, people defending Putin and Russia, where have we seen this before in history, some people using a humanistic POV and siding with Zelensky and some others using a survival POV siding with Putin, I never had such an intense mental conflict over a situation before this one. Is a moral victory better than a survival victory? 

But this is survival. But this is survival. But this is survival. But this is survival. And these words will echo forever. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

I think one of the problems here is that Putin has created such a favorable image for himself in the world press by constantly smiling at the cameras and people smiling back at him, it's hard to look at him and think that he is a bad guy, maybe this is the reason why people find it so hard to assess the situation. Putin has a friendly front and demeanor. Seeing the Zelensky guy I was almost brought to tears, I could feel his human side. I have no idea why something just doesn't feel right about this whole war(not that anything is right about wars to begin with) yet there is something so deeply complex and unsettling about this situation, people defending Putin and Russia, where have we seen this before in history, some people using a humanistic POV and siding with Zelensky and some others using a survival POV siding with Putin, I never had such an intense mental conflict over a situation before this one. 

It’s a tragedy, and what makes it even more tragic is that Russians and Ukrainians - politics aside - are very close to each other mentally, spiritually, culturally… 

It’s fucked up. I can’t watch Zelensky or Putin (yes, Putin too) without crying.

@Preety_India Lol! Putins image!? 95% of Europe and probably 70% of the world is comparing him with Hitler right now!

Re AI and Mechanics

The more stress you are under the more mechanical your response.

I dropped a video on the science behind that here:

Its given me an understanding as to why being in a very relaxed loving state gives you access to the highest levels of perception. 

@zurew

7 hours ago, zurew said:

@Danioover9000

I don't even think people have a problem with the length,but more with the lack of structure and with the really long sentences. Sometimes one sentence looks like that it will never end. Imagine, if i wanted to tell you a story which has 500 words in it, but i would only use 2 sentence.

Its obvious that he is an intelligent guy, who can share a lof of valuable insights, so if he can work on this, that will be awesome.

I can imagine it, it would be like the Lord of the Rings books heavy with the details and settings.

I'm not defending @Fleetinglife, I'm just pointing out a pattern, that for some people that holds true, that they need to appreciate a wall of text as is. Historically speaking, in the times of ancient Greece, and probably latin, they didn't have punctuation and grammar with their scrolls, and no spacing between symbols, so it literally was a wall of text that had to be red and interpreted as such. Yes, there was a time we didn't have punctuation and grammar and had walls of text, in scroll form.

Edited by Danioover9000

@K Ghoul

6 hours ago, K Ghoul said:

By the time I’m done with reading all the assigned material and all the response papers that I have to complete on the weekly basis I really don’t have much mental power and time left for me to sit and decipher someone’s script - I’d rather spend that time on reading others’ perspective or writing my own response. Why treat it as some sacred spiritual text where one has to read into it deeply in order to grasp some hidden meaning to appreciate the message- simple use of grammar/dividing the text into smaller chunks/constituents on behalf of the author would suffice. Imo, it’s common courtesy to write in a way that’s intelligible and doesn’t require extensive mental exertion on the part of the reader in order to engage with what’s being said.

I'm not defending him, I've warned him several times in the past myself about have more brevity and better writing, but he hasn't changed. So really, if you don't like the user and their post, ignore him. I'm also not speaking only to you, but to other users in general of this ADD tendency to not like anything lengthy, it's an interesting pattern to point out, but I'm not attacking anything.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@K Ghoul

I'm not defending him, I've warned him several times in the past myself about have more brevity and better writing, but he hasn't changed. So really, if you don't like the user and their post, ignore him. I'm also not speaking only to you, but to other users in general of this ADD tendency to not like anything lengthy, it's an interesting pattern to point out, but I'm not attacking anything.

Yep, makes sense, thank you  

I heard a Russia expert say that Putin wants the East of Ukraine to be annexed and the west to act as a buffer state, which means a puppet state like Belarus. 

The problem is that the Ukrainian people will never accept this. They have tasted freedom and won’t just give that away to a madman. 

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

A calm Eastern European perspective. So far lacking in almost every analysis i've ever seen. Russian, Slovakian and Polish speakers discussing the region in Germany. Their fears, military concerns, refugee concerns and historical preferences. Talking somewhat about the difference between western NATO and eastern NATO concerns.

Edited by BlueOak

18 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Thus, a complete military victory by Ukraine is, after all, unlikely.

I agree with this. Russia is holding back militarily, no matter what some experts say. Russia could mop the floor with Ukraine if they really wanted to, but that's not their purpose. Yes, their initial attacks were bad, but they could always carpet bomb Ukraine into submission. This is why Zelensky is asking for a no-fly zone above Ukraine. 

and an increasingly desperate Russian government — increasingly likely to “lose it” and start a nuclear war.

I have a bad opinion of the current Russian politicians, but I personally don't see them going that far. Even if a nuclear war (a very toned down nuclear war) would break out, and most of humanity wouldn't die or suffer negative consequences, there will still be no winners, just as in the scenario of total nuclear war, where everyone dies.  Do you think they would push the red button just so that Russia wouldn't look weak or undecisive? 

What happened with the Winter War then? In fact, the Russians signed a peace treaty and were handed some new territories. On paper, in theory, in their own narrative, “they had won”. They had conquered new territory.

Technically, Finland initiated the peace talks from what I can remember. New troops and equipment started pouring in after the initial embarrassing losses. Finland just wasn't able to halt the Soviet war machine any longer, after months of fighting, and stopped things from getting worse for them. I'm more inclined to trust the Soviet narrative on this one, that they won. Yes, they lost 250.000 people, but they were the victors. That's not to say that this war was "useless" to Finland, they quite literally impressed the entire world and prevented the Soviets from annexing the entire country (or a big chunk of it) just because "it used to be part of the Tsarist empire". 

what do you think about this analysis? (Scott Ritter)

Edited by Vercingetorix

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@Vercingetorix

12 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

what do you think about this analysis? (Scott Ritter)

It's hard to say what one thinks, when the video is blocked from viewing.