Seeker_of_truth

Infiniteness of consciousness

6 posts in this topic

I had some experiences in the past where the sensations that make up the body disappeared and I couldn't find a boundary or container for me. I remember distinctly at least 2 times it happened as I was falling asleep out of which one happened 1-2 weeks back. I didn't understand those when it happened and I panicked as I thought I was going out of my body. But now I think what happened was the sensations did disappear and I saw the infiniteness of consciousness.

Now I can see that I'm assuming my body to be my limit because the sensations stop at the skin. If the sensations I have in my body disappeared but I remain awake to see that of course it would make sense again that I'm infinite. Right now in my experience consciousness doesn't have a location but it doesn't seem to be infinite. How do I see the infiniteness of consciousness? I couldn't find the answer in books as they all seem to take the infiniteness for granted. When there are sensations until my skin it makes sense to consider that as my limit. I know experientially that consciousness is nothing. How do I also see that consciousness is infinite? I can kind of imagine if suddenly my body disappeared but I was still here then I would have no location and be infinite. So two questions here - is my understanding of infiniteness correct and second is my belief that I'm the body is what keeping me from experiencing infiniteness or could there be something else as well?

Some profound shit right here.

I've had a different experience long ago where I somehow had a view from the ceiling and I saw something many would consider "soul" coming out of the top of my body.  

It was funny because many identify as this Soul/ghost thing that comes out, but I was clearly something else that was watching both from bird eye view. 

Insane shit, i opened my eyes and everything was normal again. I did not have any boundless sensation like you, more like I didnt feel anything, i was nothing perhaps

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

59 minutes ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

I had some experiences in the past where the sensations that make up the body disappeared and I couldn't find a boundary or container for me. I remember distinctly at least 2 times it happened as I was falling asleep out of which one happened 1-2 weeks back. I didn't understand those when it happened and I panicked as I thought I was going out of my body. But now I think what happened was the sensations did disappear and I saw the infiniteness of consciousness.

Now I can see that I'm assuming my body to be my limit because the sensations stop at the skin. If the sensations I have in my body disappeared but I remain awake to see that of course it would make sense again that I'm infinite. Right now in my experience consciousness doesn't have a location but it doesn't seem to be infinite. How do I see the infiniteness of consciousness? I couldn't find the answer in books as they all seem to take the infiniteness for granted. When there are sensations until my skin it makes sense to consider that as my limit. I know experientially that consciousness is nothing. How do I also see that consciousness is infinite? I can kind of imagine if suddenly my body disappeared but I was still here then I would have no location and be infinite. So two questions here - is my understanding of infiniteness correct and second is my belief that I'm the body is what keeping me from experiencing infiniteness or could there be something else as well?

@seeker of truth Very simple.

Close your eyes. What do you see?

A dark empty field.

Notice that this dark field is infinite.

Are there boundaries to this field? Nope. Wherever you go this dark field follows you.

Or rather..... everywhere you "go" is just an appearance inside this dark field.

This Dark Field is YOU. The entire field is like a screen for consciousness to display colors, sounds, shapes, smells, sensations, etc.

This dark field is not in your brain, or in any physical structure. 

Rather, you find no face, no head, no body, nothing. Just a dark field.

Everything in reality appears in this dark field.

Now open your eyes.

Notice everything is appearing in YOUR dark field. 

Notice you don't have a face. Just an empty void.

The world, the sounds, the colors, other people.

Your "senses" are not receiving input from a physical world. Rather, this dark field is an infinite mind that has put itself to sleep under a magic trick to be able to experience things, as this dark field is all that exists.

This same dark field has held the lives of everyone that has ever existed.

Edited by justfortoday

1 hour ago, justfortoday said:

@seeker of truth Very simple.

Close your eyes. What do you see?

A dark empty field.

Notice that this dark field is infinite.

Are there boundaries to this field? Nope. Wherever you go this dark field follows you.

Or rather..... everywhere you "go" is just an appearance inside this dark field.

This Dark Field is YOU. The entire field is like a screen for consciousness to display colors, sounds, shapes, smells, sensations, etc.

This dark field is not in your brain, or in any physical structure. 

Rather, you find no face, no head, no body, nothing. Just a dark field.

Everything in reality appears in this dark field.

Now open your eyes.

Notice everything is appearing in YOUR dark field. 

Notice you don't have a face. Just an empty void.

The world, the sounds, the colors, other people.

Your "senses" are not receiving input from a physical world. Rather, this dark field is an infinite mind that has put itself to sleep under a magic trick to be able to experience things, as this dark field is all that exists.

This same dark field has held the lives of everyone that has ever existed.

I'll keep trying this... I seem to have a bad habit of imagining a physical world. Even when I close my eyes I keep imagining a world and body outside.

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

Some profound shit right here.

I've had a different experience long ago where I somehow had a view from the ceiling and I saw something many would consider "soul" coming out of the top of my body.  

It was funny because many identify as this Soul/ghost thing that comes out, but I was clearly something else that was watching both from bird eye view. 

Insane shit, i opened my eyes and everything was normal again. I did not have any boundless sensation like you, more like I didnt feel anything, i was nothing perhaps

That's interesting! If you were "nothing" wouldn't you be boundless? Maybe there still were slight sensations / outline that seemed to separate you from everything else around?

41 minutes ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

I'll keep trying this... I seem to have a bad habit of imagining a physical world. Even when I close my eyes I keep imagining a world and body outside.

That's interesting! If you were "nothing" wouldn't you be boundless? Maybe there still were slight sensations / outline that seemed to separate you from everything else around?

To be honest it happened rather quickly and even a moment before that I felt that im looking from my sock's perspective. 

I freaked out a little and opened my eyes before the soul completely leave the body. 

I didn't know i might be dead so I opened my eyes and was laying there.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

To be honest it happened rather quickly and even a moment before that I felt that im looking from my sock's perspective. 

I freaked out a little and opened my eyes before the soul completely leave the body. 

I didn't know i might be dead so I opened my eyes and was laying there.

I see, interesting experience :)