SQAAD

Putin: A Deteriorating Narcissistic Mind

65 posts in this topic

@Scholar I think what he wants to achieve here, is that he doesn't want to take any limited position that has been provided.  I think the reason for that, is that he wants to see this issue from as many sides as possible. If he takes up one position, he will operate from that view, but if he leaves it open, he can search for more.

The "tearing down other people's positions and ideas" has its own purpose, but i can be wrong about that, the purpose could be that he wants to incourage us all, to not be lost in any position and be open to explore more and more, to have a more total view of the happenings. Of course this could maybe done better by attacking the content itself not the structure.

I think you have a point there, where you said something about really engaging with the points and not invalidating the whole structure where the content placed in. The point would be to recognise all the assumptions we operate from to understand this issue, and then switch up the fundamental ones, to see other perspectives.

@Epikur

23 hours ago, Epikur said:

Maybe people calling Putin some labels are projecting.

Most guys here are not educated in history and it shows. 

Putin is a function of the deep state. They do not bring people 
against their interests. If Putin would be soft on Ukraine he would
probably be taken down.

You have that also in the USA. If the President would become communist
or too soft in foreign affairs he would probably be taken down.

I think you are conflating some things which are not the same. 

Of course for Putin to remain in power he has to play a certain game. 

But I don't think he had to invade Ukraine. Noone would Punish him for not invading Ukraine. Noone was forcing him to do that. 

Maybe he fears NATO forces greatly but this fear is delusional. 

NATO is too conscious to attack Russia for no good reason. 

Putin will be taken down because he began this whole  non sensical war. He made the biggest mistake of his life. 

Watch how this war backfires on him the over next few years. 

53 minutes ago, zurew said:

@Scholar I think what he wants to achieve here, is that he doesn't want to take any limited position that has been provided.  I think the reason for that, is that he wants to see this issue from as many sides as possible. If he takes up one position, he will operate from that view, but if he leaves it open, he can search for more.

The "tearing down other people's positions and ideas" has its own purpose, but i can be wrong about that, the purpose could be that he wants to incourage us all, to not be lost in any position and be open to explore more and more, to have a more total view of the happenings. Of course this could maybe done better by attacking the content itself not the structure.

I think you have a point there, where you said something about really engaging with the points and not invalidating the whole structure where the content placed in. The point would be to recognise all the assumptions we operate from to understand this issue, and then switch up the fundamental ones, to see other perspectives.

I disagree with that, I think he is not very open-minded to the possibility that Putin's character is a causal factor for this conflict. He dismissed that possibility because he views it as a "low consciousness and lazy" way of looking at things. That is in a certain sense fair, but someone can come to that conclusion for other reasons than laziness and low consciousness. He doesn't actually engage in that, and he is not even interested in hearing perspectives of others. He is creating his own narrative imo, and then he dismisses others based on that narrative.

In a way I think you are far too charitable to Leo, my interactions with him give me a very different sense and perception of what he is doing.

Whenever I engage with him he doesn't really engage with my ideas, explore my perspective or explain his perspective. Rather he just finds ways to dismiss it and leave the conversation.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar Leo is incredibly abusive and bullying towards the people on this forum. Most people’s relationship with actualized.org is similar to that of an abusive relationship - in an abusive relationship usually the abuser also brings something “good” to the table. The victim then excuses abusive behaviour due to those “good” things about the abuser.

Perhaps that is why he is so anti psychology, because if you study psychology and mental disorders, you can see straight through his abuse and narcissistic traits.

Majority of the followers here are also traumatized. They are used to being abused so this is not unusual for them.  Many also display various sadistic traits so if anything, they admire Leo’s bullying behaviour and even praise it.

22 hours ago, Scholar said:

I think he is not very open-minded to the possibility that Putin's character is a causal factor for this conflict

He didn’t watch the videos and I asked him 3 times whether he knows anything about personality disorders and he just dodged the questions. How can you dismiss something you have no clue about? What does it say about the person who does this?

The stance he is taking on the russia invading Ukraine situation, blaming NATO, might feel “unique” to people here, but it’s just a classic russian propaganda. 

I saw some of the videos Leo recommends and it just made me see he is completely clueless himself - I remember watching a documentary on putin a few years ago, it was filmed so well, that even I started feeling sorry for him and like he was a good guy - with all the assassinations attempts on him and how he “helped a friend”. But I am not a gullible idiot and I understand that with the right spin you can even portray Hitler as a good guy and a “victim”.

Again, it all boils down to him not understanding stage red and how evil and vicious it will be in hiding the truth. You should never believe anything putin says, he is a great actor and very good at hiding his emotions, many gullible people will get fooled by that - putin definitely has fooled millions.

Conscious people who live in post Soviet countries are very skeptical of everything their politicians say in an “it’s all lies anyways” way. People in the west are more privileged in that politicians are a lot more honest and less corrupt. The problem is you can’t take that naive big eyed western approach when judging russian politics, it’s just laughable.

Edited by hello1234