Thought Art

Mental Health Check In

16 posts in this topic

How are you feeling today? 

Remember to use the proper resources such as therapist, and call centres if you are feeling depressed or suicidal. Leo nor the forum is the place you should be if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts and you should be seeking professional help, taking a break and grounding yourself.  

However you are feeling is totally fine. Feel it and be there. Things WILL change and get better.

Keep working through your challenges and life becomes very beautiful. 

Feel free to share advice for people who may be struggling and your own story here if you are struggling. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Thanks for this! Also remember y'all, even though most therapists won't understand how to address the spiritual sides of your problems, very often the thing that is needed to counter the negative effects of solipsism, nihilism, and confusion is grounding, community, and confidence, and any therapist worth their salt can help you with that.

On 3/3/2022 at 6:43 AM, Thought Art said:

My bipolar symptoms have essentially vanished during the past three months or so. I’m more stable now than I’ve been in several years. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

47 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

My bipolar symptoms have essentially vanished during the past three months or so. I’m more stable now than I’ve been in several years. 

That's awesome, good to hear!

I'm in the middle of some pretty heavy stress so sleep has been bad, kinda overwhelmed. Mania is at bay which is nice.

my core wound of being unaccepted by my family as a kid seems to really fuck me hard sometimes but it blows my mind how much healing i've done on it - It's really like etchings in the sand that the oceans must wash over and over and over for it to heal, and sometimes some rough striving is needed for growth

@BipolarGrowth  nice to hear Brandon =]

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

43 minutes ago, Dabidoe said:

That's awesome, good to hear!

I'm in the middle of some pretty heavy stress so sleep has been bad, kinda overwhelmed. Mania is at bay which is nice.

Good that the mania is at bay. Beware of the higher potential for mania if sleep is reduced btw. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

Feeling like God these days ^_^ (I say this not from ego / narcissism .. I could care less about my ego).

Feel free to share advice for people who may be struggling and your own story here if you are struggling. 

My advice is to try to love yourself more and more each day.

I was trying to find an apathy image with a heavy weight, but I can't even find/reflect one that doesn't require payment in my search right now.

About sums it up. Money = Apathy = Laziness.
Heavy apathy today, not a light i'm stuck kind. Just a block of iron.

I think i've been feeling hopeless but I just reached out to a psychologist...

yeah don't wanna spread the poo poo energy around

1 minute ago, softlyblossoming said:

Actually it's quite profound that I can actually feel my damn chakras finally :P

Care to share how you go about Bhakti? Glad to hear things are going well. 

3 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

Step 1: Gladden the mind: I use ānāpānasati as taught by Dhammarato to let go of the five hindrances (sensory desire, ill will, sloth/torpor, restlessness/worry, sceptical doubt) and thereby already find myself to be floating merrily along in the lazy river of living without a need or desire for suffering.

Step 2: Surrender the mind: I hand the control of my body and mind over to God/Brahman/Big Self/Unconditional Love/Lazy River to do with as it pleases for whatever reason it has chosen for me in this moment. The video I shared explains roughly how I do this.

Step 3: Repeat whenever an unloving mind-state re-emerges.

Nice. Thanks for sharing. 

17 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Thought Art do u feel depressed even after practicing yoga

i am just curious  not trying to critize you

No, I don't feel depression. I'm actually rather joyful and full of vitality. 

Did I say anything about feeling down? 

Just checking in on the fam ^_^

Thread to check in.

I've been down before ahah.. I know it well

But, right now I am doing amazing. 

◭"89"

@Heaven I do Holden Qigong. Mostly work around 5 Elements, Microcosmic Orbit and 3 Treasures. As well as meditations like inner smile and Three treasures cultivation. 

◭"89"