OneMoreEgo

Spiritual Undertones In Music

3 posts in this topic

Something struck me after my awakening. I was listening to a playlist of mine featuring some classic rock artists, and it occured to me; a lot of the artists of that time period scattered their songs with spiritual (enlightenment) undertones. Which  makes sense to me now being a lot of these artists partook in the hippie movement, which was prominent in California. In case you don't know, during this time the state of California was experiencing a massive surge of Enlightenment teachings. It's almost blatantly obvious to me now, but before my awkening I just simply saw it as beautiful poetry haha. Now I see it as visionaries pointing towards truth by using beautiful poetry. I would go as far as to say A LOT of music points in the same direction (including modern). Anyway, listen to a few of these songs and tell me if you get the same impression.

Box of Rain rings with me the most, but the list goes on. Let me know if you find any other really well put together songs that could point in the same direction. It's interesing.

I feel inspired yes but the song itself is expression of.. not how we feel or see it was written. however it inspire you is a choice or emotion of how you feel at that specific moment of song 

I like Dennis Wilson 'Holy Man.'

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly