Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Richard Purdy

What jobs are like eBay flipping?

6 posts in this topic

The only thing I enjoy doing is eBay flipping. What are some business/job ventures I can go about that’s similar or you recommend? Full time job, no wishful thinking, something that will make me money to pay bills. I’m 20 years old and need to move out soon.

Go on ur local craigslist and find stuff that people are giving away for free. Furniture sells the best but you can find some other cool stuff that people are willing to give away for free (Bikes, TVs, electronic apliances) and then you just sell it on Facebook marketplace or ebay

You could specialize in one item.... used record/CD shop, used video game shop, used book shop, game shop selling used trading cards. Offer people to trade-in their used stuff for a fraction of what it's worth. Then people come to you and you don't have to go out to thrift stores for hours a week. Although I've never seen one of those kinds of shops thriving. Maybe create the online equivalent, and be "the go-to place online" for that one type of item, for a global audience.

If you wanna list your top 3 - 5 interests/hobbies (independent of any business idea), I can try to suggest some ways to tie one in. If you're passionate about something it'll be a lot easier to work hard and be successful

If you don't have a degree and no experience, no company is going to give you a position with the responsibility of making decisions about the buying and selling process. You have to work your way up if that is what you desire.

Of course you can always try to start your own business with low value/high turnover products. But this is also not a quick fix and it will take a long time, most likely, before you start turning a profit.

And another option is to get into daytrading, another dangerous option and it has to be a passion if you want to succeed in this business.

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

It is possible to become finically independent with just flipping on ebay. However, it will still take a good amount of effort to really know what you would sell and not sell. With a short time horizon though it can be a bit more difficult. I have watched people make multi million dollar businesses with 5 years on the site.

I have been full time on it for a few years. I am quite close to fully supporting myself just through that. It has taken a few years of focus. There is some good practical business skills and lessons from it. I could manage my own product distribution quite easily for anything else I might decide to sell in the future. I could also do consultant work on other peoples business structure that is similar. 

If you have to move out soon you'll probably have to get whatever job you can at least until your business takes off.