Bogdan

i'm thinking of joining the army

24 posts in this topic

The argument that keeps popping up in my head is "isn't it better to be prepared in case the war escalates than to be recruited and thrown into war without any training?"

It feels so weird to focus on building a business rn and marketing on tiktok and youtube etc. while war is happening 

@Leo Gura what's your take on this?

You got a point. A country should always have a strong military. I never in a million years imagined that a war would take place in 2022. And yet here we are dealing with reality shoved into our faces. Now this reminds me of second world war and the phrase "history repeats itself", guess,we're are never too far away from history, eh. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Some people are born to be in the military. It's what they want to do, they get a huge kick out of everything about it. And some people are not really like that, but they have a massive sense of national pride motivating them. Those are the two types of soldiers who win wars. If neither of those describe you, don't join the military if you can avoid it. Let those two classes of people join the army, while you do your own thing with your life. They will be better soldiers than you will ever be

If you're not one of those people then you're just likely to die pointlessly in a war you don't really care about, forced to hurt and kill people you don't want to hurt or kill

10 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

thus significantly stronger media coverage.

And don't think that war is only done physically (or "kinetically").  A lot of the rebel wisdom crowd (danielle schmachtenberger n such) talk about info war which has been the primary means of war in recent years.  And both sides do it: creating propoganda (for the enemies and their own citizenry), etc..  

Don't believe everything you hear and read.

"News nowadays is more akin to entertainment."   I forget who said it... maybe D. Shmachtenberger... dunno.  Seems reasonable.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

4 hours ago, Bogdan said:

The argument that keeps popping up in my head is "isn't it better to be prepared in case the war escalates than to be recruited and thrown into war without any training?"

You don't have to join the military to get all the knowledge and skills that the military offers.

All US military field manuals and basically anything that isn't classified is available online. 

Focus on urban operations if you live in a city. Download some PDFs to a device that you can access offline:

https://irp.fas.org/doddir/army/fm3-05-70.pdf

https://armypubs.army.mil/epubs/DR_pubs/DR_a/pdf/web/tc90_1.pdf

https://irp.fas.org/doddir/army/fm3-06.pdf

If you're in the US you probably have a state militia that you can join. Otherwise just find some like-minded people who want to go on long hikes with a 120 lb pack on their back. Just watch out for LARPers and unhinged rambo types.

Take some self defense classes to learn hand-to-hand combat. Go play paintball and test out the theory you learned from field manuals about using cover, how to safely breach doorways and clear a room, etc. Get a firearm license and buy a firearm if your government allows it. Otherwise find the next best thing.

Edited by Yarco

@Bogdan Listen as best to the silence beneath the concerns of being prepared for war. 

Silence. 

If you decide to join the army from silence then so be it. Good luck.

If you decide to stay put and keep working on your business from silence then so be it. Good luck. 

Silence friend.

@Bogdan why do wanna waste your life in a corrupt war.ukrain president is jew.zionist ,nato and usa are pulling strings in ukrain.better to make your life count.joining war is for low conscious people as majority of war are unjust war.if it is a just war then go ahead but war in ukrain is a corrupt war

6 hours ago, Bogdan said:

It feels so weird to focus on building a business rn and marketing on tiktok and youtube etc. while war is happening 

@Leo Gura what's your take on this?

Your profile says your in Romania which is part of NATO. If I were you I'd probably wait to see what happens. If NATO doesn't get involved, then no draft. No draft, then you won't have to fight, but you would have joined the military and would have to stay in the military a certain amount of time, even though your country didn't get involved. 

So, I'd hold off for now.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

i was in the marines, i enlisted afterhighschool, now heres my HONEST opinion. what really keeps people in is the collective ego of "being part of the worlds finest fighting force". of course theres feelings of being a hometown hero and all this which makes it VERY appealing and especially if combat is something that always intrested you (like me)

but when your in you get treated as a number not as a human yes you get bonds with your platoon and all of that good stuff (if ur lucky enough to get a good command) but at the end of the day the government owns you are your expected to act accordingly. you gotta wake up early for PT work long hours (if ur infantry) and what u make really isnt good day as an example i think as a private i made maybe 300? or less every two weeks. which kinda sucks. but what really kinda bothered me and sickened me in a way was how everyone is completly sucked into an ideology of tribal thinking when it came to countries. constant ego inflation. oh dont let me forget to say brainwashing xD in bootcamp (which has kinda payed off for me cuz now i have a iron solid work ethic) but it changes u man. i didnt feel i fit in i was too caring for everybody i joined to help not to kill, but your constantly surrounded by killers. 

thats from my experience but if you have a life purpose this world needs you you cant serve the world in the military the military is sheeple. i wouldn't waste this opportunity of life 

yes the military is VERY LOW CONSCIOUS 

Edited by funkychunkymonkey

1 hour ago, omar30 said:

join why not it doesn't matter anyways.

no need to think ab existential shit, it does matter as were just humans thats ur life ur talking ab  

War! Huh! Good God Y’all! What is it good for!? Absolutely nothing! War! Huh! … 

Do not fight for what you hate, promote what you love. The best revenge is to not be like the devils.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

@itachi uchiha

3 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Bogdan why do wanna waste your life in a corrupt war.ukrain president is jew.zionist ,nato and usa are pulling strings in ukrain.better to make your life count.joining war is for low conscious people as majority of war are unjust war.if it is a just war then go ahead but war in ukrain is a corrupt war

You have to show out your antisemitism, don't you?!

@Bogdan you want to be motivated by joy and curiosity not by fear and defense. do something that you think you would love to do once you master it and ignore any logical criticism you might receive (literally)

15 hours ago, Bojan V said:

@itachi uchiha

You have to show out your antisemitism, don't you?!

Do the research

Antisemitism is a surface level shit.

@itachi uchiha

2 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

Do the research

Antisemitism is a surface level shit.

And you're using it very well!

Why haven't you mentioned orthodox christians? There are more of them then Jews.

23 hours ago, funkychunkymonkey said:

no need to think ab existential shit, it does matter as were just humans thats ur life ur talking ab  

if it truly matters would you ask a bunch of people you don't know on the internet about joining the army or not ????????

what the hell are you talking about guys he maybe  looking for attention or something he cant think independently about risking his own life can you fckn imagine that.

@omar30 We all have the same rights to write here in this forum!

He can ask strangers on the internet, he can have doubts and questions about life and death and war and he can share them here! This is a forum where people come to share their journey of Self-discovery.

He can also think whatever he wants, dependently or independently!

Yes, i can fckn imagine that!

Who are you to ridicule that?

Why are YOU here?