kray

Possibility of nuclear war?

29 posts in this topic

Is Putin actually crazy enough to pull the trigger?

No he won't. Most likely not. He has already witnessed the world's reaction to the war. A narcissist like him is a bit indecisive right now. He doesn't want the full scale of the public's wrath against him.

It seems there are peace talks going on in Belarus. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

No, but if China takes over Taiwan and USA fails to protect their navy on the pacific there is a chance to a nuclear collision 

@Alex_R China just watched Russia get raped by sanctions and modern military aid, Taiwan is off the table for good.

@Onecirrus lol bro the way you said get raped like this is Call of Duty xD LOL LOVE IT (rape is not funny, video game flashback are though)

Always a possibility so long as we have 10,000+ active nuclear warheads on the planet and the interests of the nations who possess them clash and collide. Nobody will benefit from a nuclear war though so I don't think it would happen... for now. Nuclear weapons act as a deterrent, in a strange way, they allow for stability and prevent powerful nations from going head to head like in WW2.

But who knows what is going through the minds of the people who are in charge of making the nuclear attack call? 

Edited by Spence94

He is stupid enough to use the retoric about newclear weapon. Even the leaders during the cold war were smart enough to not use retoric like that

@Hsinav Good Point. Do you think he is using the rhetoric so bluntly because he believes the USA/UK/FRANCE would not dare make the first nuclear strike so just wants to scare them. Whereas during the cold war climate, the West had a higher probability of making the first strike than the West in 2022... I dunno.

It seems during the Cuban missile Crisis in the 60s, the tension was such that it wasn't just Russia that could have launched nukes first, America could have hit the button first.

This time it feels like if it's gunna happen it's only Putin who is gunna launch a nuke first.

Edited by Spence94

Everyone thought he wouldn’t actually invade Ukraine but he did it.

Be careful thinking he won’t use tactical nukes.

Putin absolutely cares about his image.  And right now his image on the world stage is that he looks WEAK as fuck.  And miscalculated.  Sloppy.  Unhinged.  Societies are tossing Russia aside and they’re feeling it.  It’s almost like the world is tapping the shoulder of the Russian people and saying “hey… your leader fucking sucks man.”  Maybe they’ll wake up.

4 hours ago, Spence94 said:

@Hsinav Good Point. Do you think he is using the rhetoric so bluntly because he believes the USA/UK/FRANCE would not dare make the first nuclear strike so just wants to scare them. Whereas during the cold war climate, the West had a higher probability of making the first strike than the West in 2022... I dunno.

Putin raises the stakes and the fact that he pulls out such a card points to that he is VERY desperate and do not really understand the consequences of such a rhetoric. It is very unlikely that the west would make a nuclear move first and off course Putin also knows that.

But If worst comes to worst I believe the west will not hesitate to use nuclear weapons if he makes the first move which would be the end of the civilisation as we know it today including the end of Russia, he will not let that happened. 

@Hsinav Yeah that's the thing with Nuclear weapons. It only takes one country to launch first and then the rest will follow suit shortly after. There's enough nukes on earth to turn us all into fairy dust. Putin doesn't wanna turn Russia into fairy dust...I hope...

@Spence94 do you really think Putin gives a shit about Russia? Putin cares about having power. And if he goes down, do you think he is willing to sacrifice himself for Russia? No he won’t, he will gladly take the ship down with him, if he goes down.

Edited by vizual

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

1 minute ago, vizual said:

@Spence94 do you really think Putin gives a shit about Russia? Putin cares about having power. And if he goes down, do you think he iss willing to sacrifice himself for Russia? No he won’t, he will gladly take the ship down with him, if he goes down.

i wonder how much putin cares about russia. i mean he cares a lot about "his russia" 

he certainly wouldn't want to see a russia that's more democratic and closer to the west

Edited by PurpleTree

@vizual I think he does care about Russia, but I see your point. Definitely could be the case he would just say fuck it you're all going down with me if he reached the edge. 

@PurpleTree 'his Russia'. Exactly. 

I don't think it will happen, because a lot of Russians have family there - I think the Russian people would stand up if he threatened to nuke their families.  He wants Ukraine, so why would he damage the land he wants so much?  Just my 2c.

2 minutes ago, Loba said:

I don't think it will happen, because a lot of Russians have family there - I think the Russian people would stand up if he threatened to nuke their families.  He wants Ukraine, so why would he damage the land he wants so much?  Just my 2c.

you mean in the Ukraine?

there's also a possibility of Russia vs NATO which could mean nukes in the US or UK, France etc.

@PurpleTree Yeah.  A lot of Russians have family in the Ukraine, I think they would be pissed with him if he nuked their family members.  If Ukraine is a jewel for the Russian people, why would Putin tarnish it?'

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

there's also a possibility of Russia vs NATO which could mean nukes in the US or UK, France etc.

Could you explain?  I am not well versed with history/the world, this war is my first history lesson and understanding of how different countries operate.

Edited by Loba

8 minutes ago, Loba said:

@PurpleTree Yeah.  A lot of Russians have family in the Ukraine, I think they would be pissed with him if he nuked their family members.  If Ukraine is a jewel for the Russian people, why would Putin tarnish it?'

Could you explain?  I am not well versed with history/the world, this war is my first history lesson and understanding of how different countries operate.

Well just because Russia is the country with the most Nukes. Aimed at Europe and the US

Nato also has their Nukes aimed at Russia. And since Putin openly said "to put nuclear forces in a “special regime of combat duty,” two days ago

Because of western countries delivering weapons to the Ukrainian army and people against Russia etc.

Then also France etc. talked about nukes

I think it's mostly empty threats but i also didn't think Russia/Putin would invade Ukraine.

Edited by PurpleTree

15 minutes ago, Loba said:

What would be the hypothetical situation where Ukraine did not have Russian families? Do you think Putin would use nukes? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Well just because Russia is the country with the most Nukes. Aimed at Europe and the US

Nato also has their Nukes aimed at Russia. And since Putin openly said "to put nuclear forces in a “special regime of combat duty,” two days ago

Because of western countries delivering weapons to the Ukrainian army and people against Russia etc.

Then also France etc. talked about nukes

I think it's mostly empty threats but i also didn't think Russia/Putin would invade Ukraine.

Well I certainly hope so.  No amount of land is worth nuking and killing a bunch of people for.

The fact that he put nuclear forces in a special regime of combat duty is suspicious, though...
I hope this all ends up with Putin looking foolish, getting ousted by his peers, and his country turning against him.