John Paul

forum suggestion: limit daily posts

25 posts in this topic

limit daily posts to encourage thoughtfulness and quality. you could incentivize a reward system where high quality posts earn a small amount, like one or two bonus posts (like if you post high quality all week)

Edited by John Paul

Forum is becoming to big, I don't even have time to read topics. Most threads are polluted with low quality posts. I think this is a good idea.

Maybe daily limit isn't perfect because sometimes response is needed. Maybe it would be better if anyone had "posting points. For example you would have 5-10 (maximum) and you would regain one point a day. This way it would be possible to have a conversation from time to time, but it would limit low quality posts.

The issue with giving points for 'good posts' is that it would mostly promote drama content that we would rather want to avoid.

Just have a rolling quota per most recent 24 hours or recent 7 days. Say no more than ten or twenty in a day. Of course any changes to they way the forum works will cost $$$, so it has to be easy to implement, so there's that.

All stories and explanations are false.

We had a point system years ago, but it was removed.
I try to offer pretty decent responses, I'll try to do even better.

That's probably the best you can ask for is individuals taking the extra time to make decent replies/threads/ect.  :) The forum will get better with time, we already have a lot of very smart people here.

Nah that's too lax. We should have to send all posts by email to Leo for verification. Fuck it – snail mail, pigeons. Fuck it – only peer reviewed papers from top scientific journals.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard posts reviewed by a staff of self-realized moderators

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

8 minutes ago, catcat69123 said:

@Carl-Richard posts reviewed by a staff of self-realized moderators

We already do that, just after they're posted.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Add Suggestions in Comment Box or Above

"Let the next reply come from your highest self", This is the standard we expect everyone to operate from. 

unknown.png

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral
This is the most difficult request in wartime or times of severe stress, when the tendency is to do the exact opposite, but yep reminders can be useful.

@BlueOak Well that depends on ones perspective of "highest self". Its not about behavior control like everyone must behave "Lovy dovy kind and gentile" or to enforce harmony, its more about incentivizing the replier to apply themselves, have patients and to pause and contemplate.

In general it sets the quality for the communication to come. 

This is a common practice of many forums. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral

Thank you. That was a great synchronicity with something else about developmental hurdles :D I appreciate your words.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Nah that's too lax. We should have to send all posts by email to Leo for verification. Fuck it – snail mail, pigeons. Fuck it – only peer reviewed papers from top scientific journals.

xD 

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

xD HAHA yeah!!! you got it bro!!!

AND the scientific journals must be reviewed by Leo while high on a break through dose of 5-MEO in his ass.

Edited by John Paul

@John Paul

Actually I have made full essay about how this forum should work.

And anothter one about building dictionary and having limit of threads we can open.

Who told you that "others" are real?

I had an idea I told before. One has to write the amount of meditation done in that day and then do the posting.

What could be an idea is having some kind of upvote system for each thread similar to Reddit. I know voting and likes can get pretty ego-heavy and competition-like but it's a good way to get a consensus on what posts are higher quality or useful according to the majority on here. Also it would save people time browsing through a million threads a day and only finding 10 of them actually worth reading. Most of us I'd hope would rather people spend more time to work on themselves than read low quality posts written by people boosting their ego.

@SavourTime  This system was on this forum before. And the annoying thing about that system, is that if you have an opinion that is not in line with the general consensus of the majority, you get downvoted to hell. Even if you make a great detailed analysis of something, which you put a lot of work in, and which may be very insightful etc. If the people don't like it you get trashed by the voting. That's also why reddit sucks, every subreddit is basically an intolerant echochamber.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

17 hours ago, vizual said:

@SavourTime  This system was on this forum before. And the annoying thing about that system, is that if you have an opinion that is not in line with the general consensus of the majority, you get downvoted to hell. Even if you make a great detailed analysis of something, which you put a lot of work in, and which may be very insightful etc. If the people don't like it you get trashed by the voting. That's also why reddit sucks, every subreddit is basically an intolerant echochamber.

Yeah that's definitely a good point! I haven't been here very long but I've lurked occasionally so I don't really know how many on here are conscious enough to like/dislike posts appropriately. Even with all of the rules trying to weed out the lower conscious/trolls there are still a fair amount who will probably downvote decent posts without a good reason.

Forget about limiting daily posts. At least create a button to delete the forum account. 

@Leo Gura Delete my account please or at least create the freedom to delete their account whenever they want to everyone in this forum.