Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alyra

Awareness And Inner Senses

1 post in this topic

hello. 

this past year I discovered that, it is weird that I do not see or hear anything inside my mind. when I close my eyes I only ever see darkness. I know that I do dream with images at night, because rarely, if I am falling asleep or waking up I do see some amount of images, such as a person's face. but, other than that - if I try to picture a person's face, there is no visual thing altogether. while on the flip side - I have heard someone say how their mind's eye is as clear for them as if it were real - closing and opening their eyes is like switching between two tv's - and even, they can do it without closing their eyes! such a thing is unreal to me. I see nothing at all, except what my eyes observe. 

this is the same with audio signal - though my internal voice is monotone, if I do use words to talk when I think. 

I actually predominately experience a physical sensation when I think - it is even to the point where there is a subtle, yet distinct physical sensation when I am looking at things in the world, and a strong distinct sense of touch with all sounds - even quiet ones - though I am not entirely sure if with sound it is just a matter of feeling the vibrations with heightened sensitivity. 

with sight though - it doesn't matter- if it is white or light in color, there is a distinct physical feeling which could be called sharp and painful though it is unlike any sharp or painful feeling I've felt when physically touching anything. and if I look at something black or dark in color - it is a cool sensation, which is kind of similar to the sensation of cool water or a cool basement air. 

these physical phenomena of senses which my mind experiences when processing internal memory and thought - I assume that this is strange and unusual for me as an individual. do you as an individual feel such things, with your work on awareness? 

I used to say that I have a sixth sense lol. the sense of information. that when I think of things, well on the one hand when I hold an idea in my head, no matter how I am abstracting it, that abstraction has a size, weight, location, and motion to it which I feel. this is the main physical sensation for me. but there is also a sense of knowledge/information - what it holds. I used to say that anyway, I suppose it can still be said - but that is what I now call awareness, experience, conspicuousness, etc. 

in your consciousness work - have you become aware of any of these things or similar sensation phenomena - or is this something which is strange for me to experience?

best regards!