Mosess

Nahm

29 posts in this topic

let us all just take a deep breath, and appreciate this moment we are witnessing together.

With that being said

this message is to you.

I am thankful for your guidance, Nahm, and it is to you whom i owe this, for i could not have understood half of who i am, the i amness that i am, without your robotic, simplistic, objective descriptions of god.

As a thanks, i am leaving this forum, for i am done with my journey on it. Any words that are said, that were uttered by me, are not the truth but a part of it as you are, reader. 

I hope you come to realize this precious gift, that you are, and to have the guidance you deserve.

Much love to leo, for being a truly honest, master and a person of integrity, which is something that i admire in you, and have adopted it and will walk by it throughout the remainder of my living life.

Good bye, and who knows, maybe we will meet again, eye to eye, someday, in this vast infinite, existence, reader. 

?

❤️

✌️

I missed posting in the earlier threads about @Nahm before they were locked. I mostly saw your contributions in the serious emotional problems forum. Huge compassion always shone through whatever you think of the language. I hope you decide to stay, but much love whatever you do.

@Mosess  bon voyage and may you have a brilliant future too. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

33 minutes ago, fopylo said:

Wait, is he banned from here or just demoted?

Demoted, but he hasn't been back on since.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 hours ago, Ananta said:

Demoted, but he hasn't been back on since.

There's something about his demotion which has been niggling me. I thought (perhaps naively) the mod's role is to administer the forum and police the guidelines, lock threads, give warnings etc. Not particularly to be good spiritual teachers. Nahm was taken off moderating (as far as I can see), not for being bad at moderating, but for the quality of his spiritual advice.

It's just left me wondering if Leo sees the mods as a higher spiritual rank than ordinary members, ('higher consciousness' in his jargon) as well as good administrators. In which case, is this starting to become more than just an internet forum? Is a spiritual heirarchy being formed?

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this. 

18 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

There's something about his demotion which has been niggling me. I thought (perhaps naively) the mod's role is to administer the forum and police the guidelines, lock threads, give warnings etc. Not particularly to be good spiritual teachers. Nahm was taken off moderating (as far as I can see), not for being bad at moderating, but for the quality of his spiritual advice.

It's just left me wondering if Leo sees the mods as a higher spiritual rank than ordinary members, ('higher consciousness' in his jargon) as well as good administrators. In which case, is this starting to become more than just an internet forum? Is a spiritual heirarchy being formed?

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this. 

LoL . Pardon me , who you are to value the quality of Nahm´s spiritual advice?

Nahm's didn't give any spiritual advice anyways, he was about giving you the "Truth". Which is of course different from the concept of most people have spirituality of.

I guess that's why with most people didn't resonate much. People still think the truth will be given you in precise, concrete words. Well yeah, that ain't going to happen. 

29 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

Not particularly to be good spiritual teachers

You are correct and I'm using personal experience to answer your questions. 

29 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

It's just left me wondering if Leo sees the mods as a higher spiritual rank than ordinary members

No, not necessarily.

Also, when I was a mod I didn't even post that much, but I was a very good behind the scenes mod. A lot of what I did the average member wouldn't have known about, unless I gave them a warning or announced I was locking a thread.

It seems to me that what got Nahm in trouble was that he had that link to his own website in his signature, counseled many troubled members and took on a "teacher like" persona and when his style changed drastically to what Leo calls neo-advaita he didn't want Nahm, one of his original mods, to represent this forum in that way, as a mod.

I will say though, I do feel if any mod starts going in a different direction then Leo in a radical way they will probably be removed as a mod also.

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

LoL . Pardon me , who you are to value the quality of Nahm´s spiritual advice?

I think you took what he said the wrong way. I didn't think he was saying any judgement on the quality of Nahm's spiritual advice. He was just asking a question.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Ananta said:

I think you took what he said the wrong way. I didn't think he was saying any judgement on the quality of Nahm's spiritual advice. He was just asking a question.

Yeah, it was how Leo was judging Nahm's use of neo-advaita style verbiage as a reason to de-mod him. I had a few exchanges with Nahm where he repeated  'that's a thought'. Which is fine, I don't mind, other people here have a predictable neo-advaita style too. It doesn't mean they can't be good mods tho. It just gives an insight into how Leo runs his forum. I always thought the process of giving people the mod status was obscure. But I guess it's none of my business lol. 

5 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

I always thought the process of giving people the mod status was obscure.

The process was-

Leo- "would you like to become a mod?"

Me- "yes"

?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

The process to demote yourself:

Me- " I don't want to be a mod anymore. I don't have the time."

Leo- "ok, thanks for your service"

?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta @snowyowl @Javfly33 @Mosess here's my 2 cents!

hey...the difference between giving advice as a random member vs. a mod is , people take the advice and coaching given by mods to be of higher authority than others. take any thread and u will find more interactions when mods give advice vs. members. it is not merely because the advice given by mods are better, there will always be more detailed sophisticated answers given by other members and they get that attention just because they are mods. u will find a drastic difference between the 2.

Nahm also used this attention as a springboard to fuel his coaching spiritual website and YT channel that  made him look like a teacher approved by leo as a mod to give advice.

when some newbie comes to the forum asking for advice on how to fix his life after he has dropped out from college, saying that he doesn't exist do not help much to help the situation LOL. 

I must also say that He had a ton of amazing advice and insights that hv helped me on my own journey and he is a great guy himself. He is a person who needs to be here and will be missed!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

3 minutes ago, happyhappy said:

the difference between giving advice as a random member vs. a mod is , people take the advice and coaching given by mods to be of higher authority than others

I personally never looked at mods like this, before or after being a mod. So, guess I'm not the best to ask. However, I came to this forum already having a teaching. I actually came here, because my original forum dried up after being very active for many years. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Medhansh said:

I just visited Nahm's profile.

Nahm's a female?!! I thought Nahm was a male all along?

Nahm is male. He must have put that as a joke or to mess with ppl like yourself. :)

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

51 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Nahm is male. He must have put that as a joke or to mess with ppl like yourself. :)

??

10 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

??

Oh geesh, ? I should have just said, "or to mess with ppl" and left off the "like yourself". 

Sorry @Medhansh

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?