Bufo Alvarius

I asked Rupert Spira directly about solipsism - here is what he said

173 posts in this topic

@RMQualtrough

8 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

IME when the mask dissolved I felt to be one with what I now understand would be termed Brahman. As the ego came back and I gained the ability to talk again, I felt a split where my ego self was simultaneously there and was below Brahman, and yet I as sheer awareness was Brahman entirely.

I hallucinated a goddess at that point. I spoke to the goddess. I mention this as the goddess entity I spoke with felt to be above my ego self which I spoke to it through, but below and part of what had been behind the ego mask. That's my own encounter with what I felt to be the divine.

That sounds like a wonderful experience with valuable insights.  Before I was only trying to clarify some terms if you are studying Vedanta.  The language is rather precise.  

6 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

If you’re a solipsist it means you are still stuck in localization, not universal consciousness.

Thumbs up to this.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura Can you have a conversation with Rubert Spira, this would be total epic.

No, I can't.

I am speaking of a level of awakening that cannot be validated by anyone.

Rupert Spira is a fiction you invented to keep yourself asleep ;)

Stop fucking around and wake up.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Who are you guys talking to?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Leo Gura Then just speak about 5 meo Malt with him, he needs to see at least how deep you can go with psychedelics

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

He isn't conscious enough to be aware of how he constructed other minds.

You don't need to know how..your consciousness can expand to show you that other minds are inside your Mind.   That everything is your dream.

He has not had this awakening.

You do not need 5 meo for this if you are genetically gifted meditation/self inquiry or just doing nothing you can have this awakening.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You don't need to know how..your consciousness can expand to show you that other minds are inside your Mind.   That everything is your dream.

He has not had this awakening.

You do not need 5 meo for this if you are genetically gifted meditation/self inquiry or just doing nothing you can have this awakening.

Consciousness and mind is also just imagination. "This awakening" too. "Whose dream"? 

1 minute ago, Nadosa said:

Consciousness and mind is also just imagination. "This awakening" too. "Whose dream"? 

Stop being silly.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

More than ever!

Where the hell have you been? Living in a cave ? :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He isn't conscious enough to be aware of how he constructed other minds.

Do you mean Intuition by this? 

To be so conscious to intuit other minds? 

1 minute ago, Insane butterfly said:

Do you mean Intuition by this? 

To be so conscious to intuit other minds? 

No. It's way beyond intuition.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Shambhu

2 hours ago, Shambhu said:

@Bufo Alvarius In Vedanta, there is a clear distinction between minds and Consciousness.  There is only one Consciousness (not many bubbles), but there are many minds.  It would be more fitting to say the bubbles are minds within the one Consciousness, but only as an analogy.  Now, the question you raised about how to know that other bubbles exist, when all you have access to is your bubble, is a very challenging question.  I will say that there are answers to that question, but I don't know how satisfying they would be.  Seeing that it is logically possible that other minds could exist might be sufficient, but if you want certainty, then the journey to get there cannot be stated simply within a few sentences.  

A slightly better analogy, would be to say that Consciousness is a balloon that holds soap water and foams inside of it, of various sizes of minds ranging between an ants, to reptiles, birds, humans, to as far as a hyper alien intelligence mind.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No. It's way beyond intuition.

Dangerous territories isn't?

So it's way beyond finite or infinite intelligence, or is the infinite intelligence? Construction needs a hell of engineering 

@Danioover9000 Reminded me of the first chapter of Sri Atmananda's book, Atma Darshan.

1. Advaita

Jivas, like waves in the sea, come into being, rise and fall, fight each other and die.

Striking against the seashore, waves recede, tired and worn out, seeking rest and peace. Likewise, Jivas seek the Supreme in various ways.

Waves have their birth, life and death in the sea itself, Jivas in the Lord.

Waves are nothing but water. So is the sea. Likewise, the Jiva and the Lord are nothing other than Sat, Chit, and Ananda.

When waves realize that the sea is their common support, all fight ceases.

Much is not gained thereby. This is not the final word. Work lies ahead to remove all sense of separateness.

When water is realised, wave and sea vanish. What appeared as two is thus realised as one.

Water can be reached straightaway from wave by following the direct path. If the way through the sea is taken, much more time is needed.

There isn't really an inner or an outer. Do you hear "outside" sounds inside your ear? Inside your mind? Do you hear in the past or the future?

Do you hear? 

So if you're asking about a you, or a hearer or a bubble, there just aren't any borders to ever, ever form that bubble as separate. 

Repeat for all other senses.

Now.

Do you ever see, touch, hear, smell, fell outside of now? 

Outside of now, are seeing, touching, hearing, smelling, feeling separate from each other, as if they were separate senses? 

Look at your hand.

Is it felt?

Is it seen?

Close your eyes.

Does your hand exist outside of the NOW sensation of it?

What is it that can assert that it exists outside of the direct sensation? 

What is it that can say "my"? 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Common sense is so fucking radical. No one can say they attained the brilliance of it, without cutting themselves off from the constant beaming flow of the Light.

Love Rupert. 

Common. For all. "God" would settle for no less. And no more, because all "more" would all be included in itSelf. 

Sense. Felt, perceived, intelligence. 

Same as love. 

Love is so perfectly brilliant, it knows no thing. In its brilliant light there are no borders. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Common sense is so fucking radical. No one can say they attained the brilliance of it, without cutting themselves off from the constant beaming flow of the Light.

Love Rupert. 

Common. For all. "God" would settle for no less. And no more, because all "more" would all be included in itSelf. 

Sense. Felt, perceived, intelligence. 

Same as love. 

Love is so perfectly brilliant, it knows no thing. In its brilliant light there are no borders. 

So do you agree with Rupert or Leos take on solipsism? 

3 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

@Bufo Alvarius I can just tell he really doesn’t know. That’s fine though, but maybe he should swallow his pride a bit and say that he doesn’t know for sure. “Simultaneous experiences” leave too many questions unanswered, and it kinda sucks that solipsism seems to be the more satisfactory answer, and also not. Depending on who you ask. 

Because reality is surprisingly simple and direct.  Look! Its right here and always was!! It's the stories we have imagined and the paradigms we have constructed that are so intricate.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.