Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cathal

Is the sense of time created by attachment?

15 posts in this topic

I took a about 50ug of lsd and I haven't meditated in a while (while on psychdelics), it completely hit me that now is forever and this present is really a window into eternity, enlightenment. hurr durr

But what is this sense of time, this sense of I must BE somewhere, I MUST go somewhere, and why? 

Is it TRAUMA? that attaches us that fragments consciousness creating the illusion of time, the more trauma the more suffering the more sense of time, that this moment feels like forever, you just want to go somewhere else, you want to go back or forwards, because in this now there is suffering, yet there is confusion around suffering from a lack of understanding about why i'm suffering - truly, the depths of what I have been avoiding my whole life I would be a fool to say I understand fully, that humility is embedded in me, but that is it, it must be, trauma

The entire structure of a seperate self is the attachment to trauma, and the ego is all of the games it plays around confronting the pain of trauma itself, the lies, the self-deciept, the avoidance, the neglect, the subtle bullshit fairy tailes, the procrastination... it's all perfectly avoiding what we perceive to be a threat/wrong

Like Rumi said, it isn't to find enlightenment but removing the obstacles, stilling the noise of your mind, so your awareness can realize FOR ITSELF it is forever - but with no lsd :D the more karma the more mind blowing lsd than can be, the less karma it's like taking a footstep in to a familiar place

Edited by catcat69123

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Yes, you can certainly say that attachment plays a role in how time is interpreted. I encourage you to keep meditating on psychedelics. It has worked quite well for me. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Think about  film reel. 

Your perception is that you see the movie going. That's the illusion of time.

But what happens when you completely open the film reel? 

Every image, every situation, everything that ever happened, just stops. Everything already is, time is an illusion.

but i'm saying, is the cessation of a felt-perception of 'there is a feeling of i am somewhere in time' truly enlightenment?

it must be if attachment is creating suffering and suffering is creating a seeker that must 'go somewhere' and then the feeling of time is 'created' (of course it must be, for you to 'do' stuff up until now and evolve biologically) -

you feel this seeker within you trying to go somewhere, and most of the time you are that seeker, 'doing' things, indulging in pleasures/escapes, somehow deep down craving something more than this moment, but the end of the seeker is to exhaust seeking, which is devotion and to truly be willing to give up all attachments to what binds you to a seperate self (which is mainly the pleasures you get actually, like in the letting go book)

and yes if the experience of being eternity itself/cessation of feeling time is enlightenment, it's the absence of a seperate self who is only felt by attachments that are probably mostly unconscious/not from this particular lifetime

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

there is only the present. the past and the future are in the present, in your mind, right now. it is temporality that causes the perception of a separate self, when perceiving time as something real, one sees oneself as a process, one perceives oneself as fragmented, in pieces. when you understand that the past and the future are in the now, because they cannot be anywhere else, it unifies you

Time is a third thought about the distance between two thoughts arising... now. xD

HA! It really is hilarious.

Which is why time flies when you're having a good time, you aren't thinking about time at all. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

This seems like a good attachment to me. 

Having a strong concept of time is the fundamental pillars in making plans for life. 

You sure don't want to miss out on that one. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Plans are made and remembered only now. You get to have your cake and eat it too.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Time is a thought. You can only go deeper in Love. But you never move from A to B in "time".

I think that love of a finite part of yourself, coupled with impermanence, creates an arising of suffering. The reason why we suffer is because we love. It's only that we are loving a finite part of ourselves (e.g. the other). Your love created the entire universe, it seems.

@catcat69123

Yes, congratulations on your insight! The "connection" between time and attachment is very subtle and it takes an unattached mind to see it. In the future I'll make a rather extensive post about the illusion of time and the varying depths of seeing through this illusion - attachment is rather advanced. This attachment doesn't come about through trauma though.

Edit: I guess it depends on how you define trauma. 

@Tim R yes actually, thanks for pointing that out, i think i'm using too broadly, i suppose i meant literally any case of making something out of something that just is and becoming attached, but generally i think the very core of a self is founded off of trauma or some deep pain even though that pain may not be realized as a pain when it's happening - conditioning you know

what do you mean by the attachment doesn't come through trauma?

@Tim R

i think that the core attachments of a self is trauma i meant