Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SFRL

Attractive Traits / Non Attractive Traits

15 posts in this topic

What are the Attractive Traits and Non Attractive Traits for both men and women according to the people on this forum?

Anything from personality, physical, to achievement traits. 

Edited by STC

attractive traits:

• emotional stability & healthy mind
  • healthy body & diet
  • vigorous and stable sexuality
  • patience
  • strong intellect and wisdom to use it in order to simplify life

interesting fact: i pointed virtues that i cultivate for myself

unborn Truth

@STC Attractive traits in men:

• Ability to write and communicate.
  • Intellectually curious: Reads, researches problems, and teaches me new things.
  • Mature appreciation of women: Doesn't talk about women like they're cars, rating them 1-10.
  • Creative, wacky sense of humor: Sex is great but sex jokes are annoying because they're formulaic and predictable. 
  • Strong: Follows through on what he says.  Says what he means.
  • Productive outlook on life: A healthy, kind lifestyle so he doesn't lead me into Hell.

There are no achievements that I really value, except that I have finally learned not to date someone less educated.  It just doesn't work out in the real world.  I don't care about how much money he makes.  People say that and don't mean it, but I really don't.

I also try to cultivate these things in myself and understand that I will attract what I deserve.  This includes a mature outlook on men.  I love men, what they give to me, what they give to society, and how they balance us.  They are different from me and that's ok.  That's good.  I try to respect them for that.

nothing is anything

7 hours ago, ajasatya said:

attractive traits:

• emotional stability & healthy mind
  • healthy body & diet
  • vigorous and stable sexuality
  • patience
  • strong intellect and wisdom to use it in order to simplify life

interesting fact: i pointed virtues that i cultivate for myself

Good sex is definitely important to me as well yes. It's more important then looks to me. In general it seems like better looks do result in better sex for me. Although that relationship isn't necesairly always true. 

Intelligence seems to be important for the long term succes of the relationship in my experience. 

3 hours ago, eskwire said:

@STC Attractive traits in men:

• Ability to write and communicate.
  • Intellectually curious: Reads, researches problems, and teaches me new things.
  • Mature appreciation of women: Doesn't talk about women like they're cars, rating them 1-10.
  • Creative, wacky sense of humor: Sex is great but sex jokes are annoying because they're formulaic and predictable. 
  • Strong: Follows through on what he says.  Says what he means.
  • Productive outlook on life: A healthy, kind lifestyle so he doesn't lead me into Hell.

There are no achievements that I really value, except that I have finally learned not to date someone less educated.  It just doesn't work out in the real world.  I don't care about how much money he makes.  People say that and don't mean it, but I really don't.

I also try to cultivate these things in myself and understand that I will attract what I deserve.  This includes a mature outlook on men.  I love men, what they give to me, what they give to society, and how they balance us.  They are different from me and that's ok.  That's good.  I try to respect them for that.

From my experience it works best with a partner of equal or greater intelligence. That's specially true when it comes to conflict solving. 

Edited by STC

Attractive traits in women:

• Passionate about life
  • Curiosity and desire to explore life and to grow and self-develop
  • Openminded
  • Takes responsibility for themselves and their life - independent
  • Takes care of their psychological and physical health
  • Non-critical and non-judgmental
  • Emotionally stable
  • Not needy or insecure - comfortable and confident with themselves
  • Accepting of people as they find them

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

I used to have an idea, now I'm not so sure.

So far my list is: not dead/vegetable state, animal, child, psychopath, also not interested in chicks

Like,
Pretty eyes... 
Someone with a good sense of humor and who knows that deep down at heart I'm just a little one.  Child at heart.  Always. Adventure.  Good judgement.  Doesn't poke fun at my expense, unless it's genuinely well meaning.  A calming presence. 

Beyond that, idk. *shrugs*

Edited by BabyBat

in no particular order and this goes for men and women:

-Someone who can laugh at themselves, is open minded about others, who seeks to understand, tries to be non-judgmental, is thoughtful of others, encourages others to be better at who they are, can appreciate all the wonders this life has to offer, and a willingness to share on a level where they are willing to expose their vulnerability.  I want to see strength and peace from within - contentment perhaps.       

emotional stability

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I think any person with good communication skills can be immediately seen as attractive. Someone who articulates their thoughts in a very relaxed and passionate way, is good at spontaneous interactions and  incorporates genuine humor in their speech/actions.

For me this trait is still a superpower and I just can't help it but get blown away with fascination whenever I meet such character. (Although it's really really rare) 

I think authenticity is one of the most attractive traits, be it men or women. other traits may include

- being independent, open minded and witty. I don't know but wit and wisdom, actually, can be very attractive provided that you know how to present it. Also people who take the initiative to give their contribution in making the world a better place are highly attractive. 

- most of the traits are already mentioned in the thread.

I have forgotten what I found attractive in women or what traits I wished to find in my partner. However I got like 1000 things that repell me in women, if someone is interested. Somehow I only focus on the negative in those things

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

On 25/01/2017 at 5:51 PM, Vaishnavi said:

I think authenticity is one of the most attractive traits

Absolutely. I should have put that one on my list. This is the highest value for me. There are many people in this world who are not authentic, who instead project themselves using a pretentious facade. And often people are attracted to these facades only to discover the fallacy of it later on. Authenticity comes before any other trait.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

1 hour ago, FindingPeace said:

And often people are attracted to these facades only to discover the fallacy of it later on.

This is very true. This is one reason why I find it difficult to get along with people since you can see right through them. But I suppose finding genuine people is worth the effort. 

The day you'll stop caring about attractiveness (in you and of others), is when you'll be authentically attractive.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them