Onecirrus

Counter-intuitively, we MUST embrace Russia!!!

27 posts in this topic

On 24/02/2022 at 11:24 PM, Dryas said:

Same energy

Laughed my ass off at this video.. what was I watching lol

@Heaven unclear if there is a reductionist solution

harm to ego fuels fears and division, whereas ignoring treatment let it grow its root

Edited by nuwu

On 25.2.2022 at 8:09 PM, Heaven said:

Silence is the root of submission.

In war world 2 many countries decided to just let it be and ignored the situation.

The last thing you want is to give the power to the devil.

This guy has to suffer, otherwise he will never grow.

Explaine Sweden to me 

Don't you think that Russia has no military-industrial-complex and deep state.
Putin might be a powerful guy, but he is only that, one guy. Maybe he doesn't even want to do this 100%, but is advised to do.

On 25.2.2022 at 1:27 AM, Preety_India said:

Personally I didn't find it cringe. She is saying that the outcome would have been radically different with different parenting. 

It seems Putin has normalized violence. 

Male and female perspective clashing

What embracing Russia would actually entail would be a greater degree of economic and political integration with Europe. This would almost certainly require some degree of democratization from within Russia as prerequisite, which sadly probably isn't likely in the near future. 

What's really unfortunate is that the adversarial relationship between US / Western Europe and Russia didn't have to be this way. The US and Western Europe really dropped the ball after the collapse of the Soviet Union, by not doing more to help Russia transition to a democracy.

A Marshal Plan style policy to prevent Russia's economy from collapsing in the 90s would have been a wise investment, as it was the chaos and austerity from that period which effectively doomed Russia's chance at democratization. 

Instead of help, Russia was given a double dose of shock doctrine under disaster Capitalism, with multinational corporations moving in to take advantage of a country in the midst of a crisis.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 25/02/2022 at 0:24 AM, Dryas said:

Same energy

Disgusting.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

This is a complicated geo-political situation, it will require an integral solution, but since our govs are SD green at best. They will just hate back the aggressor calling him evil and so on. When you don`t understand a perspective you call it evil. When a "mafia head" like leader feels threatened by an alliance of very powerful countries coming together one by one, he tends to retaliate. The solution is complicated and req a very wise approach.