Vynce

Request to Leo, to make blog post/video about Putin behavior in Ukraine.

348 posts in this topic

@Hardkill This is what i said in my other thread and i agree with you, that the more longer the war goes on, and the more resistance Ukraine puts up with Russia, paradoxically in my opinion the more damage it will suffer. Putin won't stop his invading. He has every incentive to finish his current "mission".

19 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

This may sound cowardly, but given that it's very likely that Russia will end up taking over all of Ukraine, maybe the Ukrainians should surrender to Russia in order to prevent anymore unnecessary bloodshed and destruction within the country and to prevent any further disruption for the entire global economy.

I am thinking that if they surrendered soon, then the Ukrainian resistance could then work on making a deliberate and elaborate plan for overthrowing the Russian government in the future in a way that would greatly reduce the cost of so many innocent lives and invaluable property in their country being ruined and taken by Russia. 

Would this be wiser for the people of Ukraine or would this actually be a mistake for them?

I've been having the same thoughts but I also can't be sure that Putin will stop. What if inspired by a success with Ukraine  he'll try to invade another country in a few years? Because Ukraine also wasn't the first one.

I don't think Putin will invade any NATO countries, but he could invade Moldova if Ukraine goes his way. But I don't think Ukraine will be good for him, which will deter him from other invasions. The cost will be too high.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't think Putin will invade any NATO countries, but he could invade Moldova if Ukraine goes his way. But I don't think Ukraine will be good for him, which will deter him from other invasions. The cost will be too high.

So, would that be a good reason for Ukraine not to surrender yet?

I don't recommend him to do a video. It was nothing to do with actualization, why the hell would be posting a video talking about Putin?

In fact doing a video would be against the message of his platform.

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

This may sound cowardly, but given that it's very likely that Russia will end up taking over all of Ukraine, maybe the Ukrainians should surrender to Russia in order to prevent anymore unnecessary bloodshed and destruction within the country and to prevent any further disruption for the entire global economy.

I am thinking that if they surrendered soon, then the Ukrainian resistance could then work on making a deliberate and elaborate plan for overthrowing the Russian government in the future in a way that would greatly reduce the cost of so many innocent lives and invaluable property in their country being ruined and taken by Russia. 

Would this be wiser for the people of Ukraine or would this actually be a mistake for them?

What Russia wants is neutral Ukraine, not to seize Ukrainian land.

Their focus is on destroying the Ukrainian military.

A big part of the Eastern Ukraine is already controlled by Russia. Dragging this out simply means more civilian casualties.

This has actually been a pretty big strategic catastrophe and huge blunder in many ways for Russia. Russia spoke for a long time about having some big bad army and then look at how much trouble they are having and how much supplies they have lost. Basically all they have is Nukes. Their army is kinda a joke and it proves a clear mind and a will to fight is more important than expensive gear. I think all their showing off with their army over the years has largely been posturing to compensate for their geographic and economic weaknesses. I think if Ukraine can keep up the resistance for another 9 days Russia may be in a position where they won’t be able to continue this. They won’t have lost land themselves or be exposed to any advancements from Ukraine but they will have failed to topple the government and military. Ukraine could get a stalemate here which would be fucking crazy. 

7 hours ago, Hardkill said:

They have already overthrown Russia once and it didn't work because Russia is back.  There will be constant disruption to the country even if Russia was controlling it now. Disruption will be the goal of many. People will dissappear or be shot. There will be suffering  and instability for a long time. Unless Russia adapts to this new huge chunk of population that it wants to govern.

I want you to picture in your country there was a government that few expected and nobody accepted, then it tries to stay in power. What is the end result? It's different to wanting something to be different, wanting implies acceptance or an expectation life will be a certain way. Its why America can function under polorization for example, because it is built into its politics. Unless Russia has that swing and adaptation to its politics, it cannot have this large addition to its population without instability.

Then there is the perspective of other countries that will be invaded by other powers if Russia takes over Ukraine. Most of which are not related to Russia. That said, this could happen in other baltic countries which do have substantial Russia populations, where Putin could manufacture the same scenario he did here, only more easily. I don't take the belief that Russia wouldn't ever invade other Nato countries. What is that based on, what we'd do, Russia isn't us. If it see's a strong response it is less likely to but that's a big factor in the consideration.

There is a belief Russia has shifted into a Stalin mindset. Shutting down press, eliminating all rivals, consolidating almost absolute power, willing to stand up to Nato and focus his state media on demonizing Nato further. In this scenario, war with Nato is a stronger possibility than people can yet accept.

As for taking over, 150,000 isn't enough to take over anything. There are well calculated estimates that if even 1-2% of the population was in rebellion, Russia would need one million troops to maintain order. That's more than it can or will supply over the long term.

By having a goal of removing all weapons. They make this goal even harder. Its exactly the same that America did in Iraq. Let's destroy the military! Great well you've made the entire military and everyone with a gun your enemy, nice job Russia. Nobody learns anything.

On 2/27/2022 at 9:39 PM, hello1234 said:

I am looking at the big picture. I have been thinking about this since 2014 and since I heard Chomsky puting blame on US “the west” for the Ukraine situation. I thought about that perspective a lot. You guys are all new to this, but this situation in Ukraine has been happening since 2014. You guys think you have some new “edge” on the situation because you’re able to “experience being against US”, but you don’t.

I am Ukrainian, I know how Ukrainians think, I know how Russians think, have more “intel-understanding”

Note that Leo migrated to US when he was 6 (I think he mentioned it in one of his videos). Children who migrate this young, have very few memories/understanding of their “home” society - many of them don’t even speak the language well (I think if you migrate up to 10-11 old, you’re predominantly shaped by the culture of the country you migrated to). I don’t think he fully grasps the culture. 

Interestingly with Russians though, they still keep a lot of their cultural pride - they live “where it’s good to live”, but Russia is still always the best. I am not hinting on anything here, it’s just an interesting thing that I noticed about Russians. 

Russia is stage red, the religious thing wasn’t big - remember during communists times religion was banned, it was banned to go to church, my mom had school days on Sunday on purpose so that she wouldn’t attend church (in Western Ukraine). I don’t think they ever transcended into blue (in general, the “good vs bad” kind of blue, not the nationalistic kind). I don’t know what orange looks like without blue in between. US is blue-orange-green (like a teardrop centered at orange) 

Green is very judgemental when it comes to stereotyping and analyzing the culture from that perspective. But I think that’s the kind of intel everyone is missing here, what you can’t understand, and that’s why it’s laughable when you compare the “evil of US” to the “evil of russia”. Like I can understand evil for the sake of money, vs evil just for the sake of ego, pride (understand is a relative word here)

People who are from Estern Europe, and are not “entrenched in Russian pride”, have an advantage in understanding the big picture of the situation.

I am sincerely sorry to what has happened to our country. I was born in Russia and my dad lives in Moscow, but I spent my life in Mariupol, then in Kharkiv. My grandparents are in Ukraine now. 
Pls understand ppl on this forum, including Leo have no fucking clue how big mafia works in russia. The concept that russia is so powerful is just a concept. Nobody knows how Lavrov and Sechenov came into power.

Anatoly Serdyukov, for instance, was a director of furniture store in russia, pls think, that person was assigned to be a minister of Defense, really? These people had no clue about martial business, some of them were forces to take control over different sectors of russian military. Foreigners on this forum do not know this. They don’t know how russian mafia made money by selling some of their military objects making two percent sales. @Leo GuraLeo doesn’t know this either since his russian is pretty bad and he doesn’t have access to read the chronics.
russia is a gang formation, corrupted. Foreigners on this forum have no fucking clue how they fucked under the blankets with each other. A lot of money involved. Poor people just suffer in my country today. I don’t support our government either but I am proud to be Ukrainian. Have you seen putin’s army ammunition? The food that expired in 2015. It is laughable how world believes that russian army is great. It is all a sham. They just have nucs. Don’t spend your precious time to help people understand the real situation in russia. They have to be from there to know all the details. Leo even stated that putin js right for russia. The silliest statement so far. Leo, do you have any relatives or friends there? They are all frightened by him. putin lost his respect long time ago. Why would they stop YouTube and Facebook there, pls think. If there is nothing to hide, why “eco of Moscow “ and Dozhd” was banned? I have friends and family in both countries. My perspective is not narrow. 
I can’t stomach when people on this forum with zero understanding about our history trying to comment on this war. Where is this knowledge come from? Their tv and radios and maybe internet articles? But this knowledge is a bit perverted and biased. 
Great analogy would be a straight guy says he loves to fuck women. But at night he sucks men’s dick. This is the situation right now in russia. Too much ado about nothing. This masquerade is going to end. russia is not that powerful as you think, simple bc their mafia doesn’t care about their people either. 
Maybe Zelensky could have been more diplomatic with putin, I agree, he shouldn’t bark at him, knowing that putin won’t stop. I don’t defend Ukrainian government, also very corrupted. But at least our people are free, we don’t ban websites, we don’t put ppl in prisons. 
i pray and hope Ukraine will stand. maybe putin will take over half of my country, but politically he will lose 10000%. His regime is going to fall. He is not a good leader, @Leo Gura read about Beslan, Chechnya and Nord Ost. Read how he came into power, he killed his own ppl. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

serbia pro russia/putin protest

russians leaving russia

Edited by PurpleTree

I also had a friend from Serbia who radicalised toward far right nazism, I don't know what's going on in that country but bad things might be brewing there again.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

serbia pro russia/putin protest

russians leaving russia

There were also pro-Ukranian protests and demonstrations in Belgrade for the sovereignity and the enforcement and remaining of the territorial integrity of Ukraine due to the Kosovo issue, but not as large, as these ones, but sure you won't see that be broadcasted, circulating online or hear about that (since emotional outrage and manipulation of people who do not think or feel like you and seem like extremists generates views and clicks, and not reasonable analysis of the actual origin and questioning of why the phenomenona is there in the first place), since Serbian government refused to condemn either side and has been sitting on the fence regarding this more or less, showing though a slight pro-Russian bias due to economic ties with country and historical, political and cultural reasons, which is a sign to the media outlets that if you are not completely in line with the US, EU or West on this issue than the majority of people must be with Russia's aggression, even though most people here I've heard from are protesting the diplomatic, international isolation, sanctions, embargoes against Russia and Russian people and it's over demonisation, discrimination and satanization representation as country and people as whole in the international media and West more in general. 

Since weekend has arrived and today is a weekend day here probably I guess from what has been being announced here and shared as news by various outlets most working people and citizens will turn out in the capital tonight in even more larger numbers now to go to the demonstrations against the sanctions and a petition to the government not impose sanctions or join the condemnation, diplomatic and western international isolation of the country. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

58 minutes ago, vizual said:

had a friend from Serbia who radicalised toward far right nazism

You didn't talk to and meet a lot of people from Serbia then unfortunately (a country of almost 7 million) because there are a lot of people here with differing views on this issue and many many other political, social and cultural issues and beliefs about them in fact and differing lifestyles, (hmm almost like an actual pluralistic democracy existing in some parts of the civil society but not in politics and the wider national culture) , not just the loudest and most represented ones in the international media to enforce this bias in a outside viewer that you are speaking off because they happen to be the most vocal and nationalistic, revisionistic ones here on the issue and cause the most outrage from a western viewer in order to generate clicks and views for the outlet that is publishing it - reinforcing biases, targeted online demographic line and bubbles. 

It's almost the same as that far right click outrage on digital platforms during the Trump presidency in America and Europe, that generated record profits for views and ads for the US digital tech platforms. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

I didn't want to mention Serbia previously but yes the balklands are such a difficult, complicated region to describe it would take a lot of time to break them down and a lot of videos to get a reasonable understanding. Serbia is somewhat friendly with Russia, so as Nato expands into the balklands that was a possible start of a wider war, I just thought we had enough worry that I didn't want to mention it.

7 hours ago, Lyubov said:

This has actually been a pretty big strategic catastrophe and huge blunder in many ways for Russia. Russia spoke for a long time about having some big bad army and then look at how much trouble they are having and how much supplies they have lost. Basically all they have is Nukes. Their army is kinda a joke and it proves a clear mind and a will to fight is more important than expensive gear. I think all their showing off with their army over the years has largely been posturing to compensate for their geographic and economic weaknesses. I think if Ukraine can keep up the resistance for another 9 days Russia may be in a position where they won’t be able to continue this. They won’t have lost land themselves or be exposed to any advancements from Ukraine but they will have failed to topple the government and military. Ukraine could get a stalemate here which would be fucking crazy. 

The one thing I learned from this crisis is due to the almost daily contradicting mess coming from some of sources, news sources and censorship coming from others, people are starting to believe what they actually want to believe about this and feels good for them to do so and hold that belief about it at the moment based on what favors their identity survival biases more until the whole situation is still ongoing and unresolved. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

13 minutes ago, Fleetinglife said:

The one thing I learned from this crisis is due to the contradicting mess coming from some of news sources and censorship coming from others, people are starting to believe what they actually want to believe about this and feels good for them to do so and hold that belief about it at the moment based on what favors their identity survival biases more until the whole situation is still ongoing and unresolved. 

The more stress there is the more desire there is for safety and certainty, rather than objectivity. In psychological terms its the limbic brain overriding the cortex. The cortex mostly serves the limbic brain, which is concerned with feeling good for example, survival etc.

Essentially all of these regions:
https://askabiologist.asu.edu/brain-regions

Satisfy the last on the list. 

*This is also how dangerous men stay in power.
**How abusers stay hidden.
***How people are manipulated the world over.

Edited by BlueOak

11 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

The more stress there is the more desire there is for safety and certainty, rather than objectivity. In psychological terms its the limbic brain overriding the cortex. The cortex mostly serves the limbic brain, which is concerned with feeling good for example, survival etc.

Essentially all of these regions:
https://askabiologist.asu.edu/brain-regions

Satisfy the last on the list. 

Thanks for sharing the link, I will check it out briefly, and explaining it here in detail, it makes sense when having any slight knowledge of basic evolutionary biology and psychological principles, and politics and ideology put in service to cater to that aspect in humans and streamline and direct people along already predetermined group and pre-conceived notions stance lines. 

Edited by Fleetinglife

This might be helpful as a very basic breakdown of survival response and how other areas of the brain are shutoff. Also how trauma is stored in the limbic system.
@Fleetinglife

3 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

This might be helpful as a very basic breakdown of survival response and how other areas of the brain are shutoff. Also how trauma is stored in the limbic system.
@Fleetinglife

Thanks a lot for sharing that and for the help for understanding and having a grasp on it better. Appreciate it! I will check it out later during the day when I finish some of my assignments and commitments that I have. ??

Edited by Fleetinglife