Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Awakening is Just Another Ego Trip

9 posts in this topic

Awakening is Just another ego trip for the ego I believe. 

It's really no different from a powerlifter who wants to lift the heaviest weight possible. Really no different from a bodybuilder who wants the best physique. Really no different from a math person who wants to reach the highest levels of math. 

It's all just an ego game so you can say 'hey look at me, how great and special I am compared to all others'. 

Ego always overrides everything. I see awakening being another ego trip and those who pursue it displaying narcissistic characteristics more and more. Leo is turning into the Conor Mcgregor of spirituality for example. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by SQAAD

6 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

I believe. 

This is the problem. Once it changes to "in my experience" we can have a chat.

drop your beliefs. you're stuck in your head trying to rationalize everything.

'i don't know' is the most honest approach. it motivates you to try different perspectives.

why this beef with Leo? awakening is your business. notice how your ego overrides you, always criticizing other egos

Enlightenment can surely become an ego trip, like any other thing that the self-mind labels as an achievement. But genuine Enlightenment is beyond and prior to self and mind, so it is not an "ego trip". It is the nature of existence, which includes ego tripping. It isn't grand, or unique, it is just the Truth. You cannot achieve the Truth because it is already what is so, and it doesn't belong to anyone. So if the Enlightenment is sincere, the ego mind will never grasp it anyway, or own it in any way, shape or form.

It is a bit like being in a dream. Inside the dream, there is nothing you can do to reveal that the nature of the dream is thought (or the dreamer's mind). Every perception in the dream is made out of thought, so how could the character inside the dream, which is a thought-form, grasp that its nature, which is prior to it? 

In the same way, self-mind (or ego), which is a form of Consciousness, cannot and will not grasp Consciousness. So you are wrong, and you should focus on becoming conscious rather than asking if Leo is ego tripping.

Awakening occurs when the Self awakens to Himself through this seeming person.

No beliefs are involved in that.

While a person is THAT high their ego is legit erased. When they sober up it's exactly as bad as before.

@SQAAD I think you're right.

I think someday Leo will see his many errors. He should listen to all the things he has said in past five years. He has a lot to learn from himself.

From watching Leo and how his ego is unfolding, I am becoming aware of the reason behind the behavior of mystics and sages throughout human history. I do not consider Leo wise anymore. His "American Leo" ego has taken control of his spiritual path.

He will pass this. One day he will laugh and cry for what he has become these days.

"If you name me, you negate me."

Stop this

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Awakening is Just another ego trip for the ego I believe. 

This is a trap of the ego to prevent awakening.  This work is riddled with pitfalls because the ego is so cunning.  You must remain open minded.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.