Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spinderella

Retreats

6 posts in this topic

Hi all -

Does anybody know of a spiritual / consciousness based retreat that you'd recommend?  I have time off in June (a month, basically), and am willing to travel anywhere in the world. 

I know that this is a vague question, I'm not looking for an ayahuasca retreat or something like that, but perhaps something similar to the teachings of Adyashanti or Rupert Spira... 

I'd go to Sat Shree's retreat center. There you will be blasted with SAT transmissions. 

Edited by GreenWoods

I would rent an airbnb for a week in the middle of nature and download one of Adyashanti's "at home retreats". You can find them on his website.

It would be a bit of DIY, but in my opinion would be much more powerful being alone. I'm looking forward to doing something similar here soon!

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

4 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

I would rent an airbnb for a week in the middle of nature and download one of Adyashanti's "at home retreats". You can find them on his website.

It would be a bit of DIY, but in my opinion would be much more powerful being alone. I'm looking forward to doing something similar here soon!

I still struggle to those "alone" vs " with group" retreats.

What happens for me, is when i'm alone, i'm not willing to go into hardcore- breakthrough meditation when it REALLY gets tough, and i've had enough. When the whole group is pushing forward, and you just can't leave, it's way easier not to give up. I'm talking about hardcore meditation retreats like 8h+ a day.  I don't think i could do it alone. ;)

6 hours ago, Forza21 said:

I still struggle to those "alone" vs " with group" retreats.

What happens for me, is when i'm alone, i'm not willing to go into hardcore- breakthrough meditation when it REALLY gets tough, and i've had enough. When the whole group is pushing forward, and you just can't leave, it's way easier not to give up. I'm talking about hardcore meditation retreats like 8h+ a day.  I don't think i could do it alone. ;)

Yeah, thats understandable for sure. I suppose it would really depend on your personality type. 

For me, it would be hard to go super deep into contemplation / meditation / etc with people around me... Idk. Something about being alone just supercharges my mind! Might have read to many Osho books... ?

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,