Tyler Durden

Is enligtenment permanent?

12 posts in this topic

Let's say you realise the Truth while in this human form. One day you "die" and another dream starts with a different main character. Will you lose all the previous knowledge and forget that you are God or will it stay with you?

@Tyler Durden Based on my understanding, your ego consciousness survives physical death. At some point it dies (in some traditions this is considered the second death). At that point there is only soul (=pure consciousness) and raw information (that was learnt from your life and all past lives) left. This then incarnates into a new body with a new ego / character.

Due to losing your old character/ego and memory, you will probably not be enlightened. But due to the gained information it will be far far easier to become woke again. And your baseline will naturally be higher from birth.

If you do mahasamadhi, then your soul merges with God and will never again incarnate. But God can incarnate again, by again creating the illusion of a soul and all that stuff.

Btw, through advanced mastery of your relative self you can prevent your ego/character (which can be considered to be an actual entity from the relative perspective) from dying after physical death. That means you would be able to decide whether to incarnate again or not. Or whether to incarnate somehwere else where you don't freakin lose your memories. In that case you will keep your ego/character. And won't lose anything, but continue where you left off. You can also decide to not incarnate but to explore Infinity with your astral body. And when you get bored of Infinity you can do mahasamadhi. 

All of that is explained in John Kreiter's book "the death defier".

Theres no way to answer a hypothetical question like that. But to play around with the idea, it seems like consciousness can only change its state. So upon physical death of the human form a state change must occur, You can be in one state, go into another state and come back from that state with absolutely no memory of it. If you ever "Whited out" on 5Me0 this can happen. Or ingest Datura. Thats with imagining being the same "avatar" or "person" across the changes,  So chances of recollection of any memory seem highly unlikely if the state change was to completely imagine a new avatar. How ever the opposite may also be accurate because God realization understands the whole thing to be imaginary. So from that state there is only witnessing of consciousness changing states. We dont know if that God realization forgets again in order to realize again, or if the degrees keep expanding, hard to say until you are Fully God Realized.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

That's not what enlightenment is.

Enlightenment is the revelation that the individual that thinks it's alive and will one day die is completely unreal

The body will surely wear out & die but the illusory sense of self does not die because it's not alive in the first place...it's an illusion.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

13 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

No way to tell, but there is a question to ask. Did you know anything about enlightenment in your first memories? 

Nothing, I felt I began out of nowhere. You think I had a previous incarnation and everything was erased when it "died"?

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Nothing, I felt I began out of nowhere. You think I had a previous incarnation and everything was erased when it "died"?

I don’t think anything about this. There’s not enough information for me, so it’s foolish to come up with stories. 

But the question I asked is meant to point you back toward the point you had where you were seemingly a “fresh incarnation”. If you didn’t retain knowledge at that point, why would you expect to retain it in a future incarnation if this is the only “solid” information you have in a certain sense? 

The past is just as imagined as the future, yet it does seem to feel more certain for most people. 

I will say that I had the thought that there was no possibility that any others had experience as I did around age 5-7. This is one of my first vivid memories that I still have access to. It was certainly at least a mystical experience to a degree, obviously completely sober. I find it quite improbable that I was around anyone talking about solipsism at that age judging off of how my family was/is. This makes me wonder where this intuitive realization came from. I wouldn’t say it’s impossible that it was from a “previous life”, but this would of course take a good amount of speculation to arrive at that conclusion. 

Really, I just see the past and future as a mystery. It’s not here. It’s not “real” in a sense. I prefer to just focus on things now rather than spend time on imponderables, even though I used to love theorizing in the past. 

Once you really start to sense what this is, it has a way of making you not care too much about these imagined possibilities, at least that’s how it worked for me. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

66afhk.gif

I think enlightenment is permanent. Not like a state of mind but more like a realization. 

But as they say, before enlightenment chop wood and carry water, after enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 2/23/2022 at 2:47 AM, GreenWoods said:

That means you would be able to decide whether to incarnate again or not. Or whether to incarnate somehwere else where you don't freakin lose your memories. In that case you will keep your ego/character. And won't lose anything, but continue where you left off. You can also decide to not incarnate but to explore Infinity with your astral body. And when you get bored of Infinity you can do mahasamadhi. 

this is the most hilarious thing i have ever heard.

you speak as if god can be predicted and he is not the all knowing , bored of infinity ?????????????

are you kidding me ? this is by far the most egoic shit i have read on this spirituality forum.

5 hours ago, omar30 said:

this is the most hilarious thing i have ever heard.

you speak as if god can be predicted and he is not the all knowing , bored of infinity ?????????????

are you kidding me ? this is by far the most egoic shit i have read on this spirituality forum.

Lol. I was obviously writing from the relative perspective. 

God can't get bored. But egos can.

From the relative perspective, it seems to kinda work somewhat like I described, as far as I understand.

I don't really understand why almost none of the woke people care about the afterlife. From the absolute perspective it of course doesn't matter at all, but from that perspective it also doesn't matter what happens in 5 minutes or whether you now eat poison rather than fruits, and yet, all of them care about these things very much. "in 5 minutes" is not more real than "in 50 years in the afterlife".

8 hours ago, omar30 said:

he's using Anthropomorphism so its easier for us as humans to grasp.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I Really, I just see the past and future as a mystery. It’s not here. It’s not “real” in a sense. 

Once you really start to sense what this is, it has a way of making you not care too much about these imagined possibilities, at least that’s how it worked for me. 

This is a good explanation.  What you can do is wake up and realize thst you are God dreaming  up all of reality.  You see, you are the present moment and eternal.   you have been this same thing for eternity.  All else is imaginary.  This human self is imaginary... Souls are imaginary.  Past lives are imaginary.  Future is imaginary.   Time is imaginary.   It doesn't exist.  There is only now and whar you are dreaming right now.  Nothing else exists.  Your mother doesn't exist if you aren't imagining her.  Past lives don't exist if you aren't imagining them.  Souls are just a thought and you are not the soul, you are God.    Nothing exists but what you are as eternal, formless consciousness, and what exists is what you are imagining right this very second, nothing more.  Memories are just a part of your imagined human existence, a way of making the story more real and adding a linear time frame to it.  But they are imaginary.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.